Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317851 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: TOO MUCH STUFF HAPPENING FOR A CLEVER TITLE
« Reply #1980 on: February 09, 2015, 02:58:05 pm »

Beirus! Why are you always so OP?
Sigging this. Also, this is only like the second time it happened. Although both times were related to killing the person who killed Derm.
Are you his avenger or something? Sworn buddies? Blood brothers?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: February 09, 2015, 03:55:57 pm »

Iunno. We've just happened to be on the same team a couple times now. Pure coincidence.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: February 09, 2015, 04:42:53 pm »

*facedesks*
I'm the only person not in the massive brawl, and yet I still die... Well, that's Perplexicon.

(whee I forget everything) ALSO rewaitlist with the same character.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 05:17:46 pm by Lost in Nowhere »
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: February 09, 2015, 09:08:03 pm »

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

ALSO rewaitlist with the same character.

Done, and done.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: February 10, 2015, 07:41:34 am »

CAAAAT!

Leave the room immediately, before some crazy idiot tries to kill me; go somewhere safe, then try Y-845, then R-655
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: February 10, 2015, 08:58:39 pm »

Have I mentioned I hate dice?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: February 10, 2015, 09:16:34 pm »

Gentlemen, we have a problem. Vivalas has not been online for some time. Dorsidwarf may enter if he doesn't answer.

Also, PMing those who haven't sent me an action.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: February 11, 2015, 04:30:49 am »

Well. This is disappointing.

I will turn in a hour or two, but just waiting for a PM response first (hopefully) CHEK YO PMS DEAD PEOPLE
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: February 11, 2015, 06:02:18 pm »

Oh cool, I'm in. Well, I've not made it that far through the thread ~25ish pages, but I'll just roleplay just arriving anyways. Oh my, this should be fun.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: February 11, 2015, 06:10:43 pm »

Proceed out of magma room towards the green room. Do science with words I PM'd, not that I think it matters at this point.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: February 12, 2015, 03:04:42 am »

"Bah, rubbish. Looks like I'll PM later and act now" (Sorry for the delay people!)

Hmm... ACT! OF THE THING VARIETY!

((also I bet our boss is soul-level 20, since the gap is 10 souls, and they didn't appear until 10+ souls were present in one vessel, AND the oh-so-very subtle hint that the boss would attack the STRONGEST player, who is the only one with souls 10+... or at least I hope :P))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Interior desing and decoration ideas: BE the sculpture!
« Reply #1991 on: February 12, 2015, 11:13:25 am »

Turn 099

"I TOLD YOU F****** BUT YOU DIDN'T LISTEN! NOW THE BOSS MEN COMETH! Need souls, need to prepare... God damn it."

Derm begins his new escalation for power with a spell:

[Pot:6+1=7]
His whole body begins to emit golden particles, larger than normal. The magic is too powerful to ask for permission, and so it reacts on its own, making Derm flash with light, and making him become into a humanoid form made of biometal. The little tusks in his face make him think that he is an orc. Yeah, it must be.

-Biometal orc!
[Light]
[Yields]
[Soft]
[Naturally sharp]

Hmm, first step for world domination is complete, what's next?

Limp away from dangerous terrain. Do magic.

You move away from the magma lake to the room that is exactly the opposite: the Greenhouse Room. There, you attempt to do magic:

[Pot:1-1=0]
[Will:1-1-1=-1]
It begun with a faint glow in his chest. It then grew to a baseball-sized glow there. And from that position it begun to spread, to ramify in every direction of Jack's body. The different channels then thickened, covering more surfaces, until they covered every inch of Jack's body that were still his (for this matter, the obsidian arm were unaffected). With a spell so innocent looking at first, Jack didn't worry too much. But then the magic went out of control, the glowing became intense, but erratic and intermittent. Jack was filled with desperation as his efforts to shove the magic away proved futile. It listened to no one. Impotent, he looked into the sky and attempted to cry for help, and a flash ensued. The cry didn't came out. What stood in Jack's place was a humanoid figure made of an assorted variety of vines interwove between themselves, giving a certain kind of stability to the sculpture. The obsidian arms were totally untouched, not being part of Jack's body in the first place. Two bright magenta flowers now were growing over the place that previously occupied his eyes. The sculpture just laid there, motionless, but maybe the plants were slowly growing. New life, where another one had extinguished.

Jack died to his own incompetence in magic. His power goes to no one

Leave the room immediately, before some crazy idiot tries to kill me; go somewhere safe, then try Y-845, then R-655

The cat makes a run towards the Southern hallway, as nobody is there currently. He then tries some magic:

Nothing happens. Wait, but you did everything right. What the hell??

Guess that this wasn't your fault.

Have I mentioned I hate dice?

You too run away. You don't know to where, so you go past Derm and arrive to the NE Hallway. Your magic mojo has fully regenerated, so that's good.

Proceed out of magma room towards the green room. Do science with words I PM'd, not that I think it matters at this point.

You get out of this place and the horrible heat and burnt-flesh smell. Through a curved hallway, you arrive to a room full of some plant, their leaves arranged in bulbs which are continuously growing and then opening, but not releasing anything you can see. An odd sculpture is there. It looks like a vine man, but is has two obsidian arms. The sculpture appears to be shouting. The artwork relates to Jack Vihmut's involuntary suicide via magic. All craftsmanship is of average quality.

Hmm, you hope you don't end up like him.

[Pot:6]
A strong glow comes from your head, and suddenly, you flash with light. Then you realize that you can't see any more. You touch your head, and realize that it has become an irregular and soft thing, with five long protrusions coming from it, in a star fashion. That last makes you realize what happened, you have a starfish for a head! That's bad, but at least not so much. The fact that you can't see is obviously bad, but maybe it can be corrected.

Starfish head:
You can't see due to lack of eyes! -2 to dex

Quote from: Beirus
PM

The diamond serpent channels again his magic energies, and a loud roar is heard across the arena.

((You have to allocate 9 points, you only used 8, so I didn't modify your character sheet yet))

Quote from: EP
PM

[Flimsy spd:4-1=3]
[Lion spd:2-1=1]

The Wizard looks the the cursed lion and says some words:

[Flimsy pot:1+1-1=1]
[Flimsy dex:6]

As soon as the Wizard realizes that his spell has gone wrong (to be frank, lacking most of your frontal face features makes it easy to mispronounce something), he quickly rolls away, as a downpour of magma falls over the place that he used to occupy. Well, the only thing he can do now is to run.

Chase!

[Flimsy spd:5-1=4]
[Lion spd:4-1-1=2]

And apparently the spirit of cowardly has given him enough mobility to outpace the golden lion! He soon arrives where Derm is, and the lion stays on the northern side of the Grand Room. The only person there is now Robert.

"Bah, rubbish. Looks like I'll PM later and act now" (Sorry for the delay people!)

Hmm... ACT! OF THE THING VARIETY!

You do science!

[Pot:2+1=3]
You get a few scraps of leather.

[Pot:4+1=5]
Nothing happens!

[Pot:5+1=6]
You get a mushroom so big that you could use it as a seat.

A thick golden line appears and draws a big dog, almost the size of a small horse.

[Pot:4+1=5]
A golden line appears and draws a staff.

Isn't it comforting to do science again?

Doris the Dinner Lady appears in the center of the Magma Room. There is still a dead and charred body there. Better to clean it up

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 94dima94 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vivalas (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorsidwarf (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Interior desing and decoration ideas: BE the sculpture!
« Reply #1992 on: February 12, 2015, 11:37:42 am »

"Hey Flimsy. Did the rules change while I was gone? I didn't think that biometal gave me weakness last time I was here. Dammit, gonna have to fix that too."
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Interior desing and decoration ideas: BE the sculpture!
« Reply #1993 on: February 12, 2015, 11:48:27 am »

+2 Dex, +2 Speed, +3 Will, +2 End. Time to get off this wall.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: February 12, 2015, 11:59:12 am »

Dammit I said put something into strength!
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 197