Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317243 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: The damned strike back!
« Reply #2280 on: April 15, 2015, 07:43:43 am »

Turn 111

Flee kill stealing motherfucker.

You run the hell away. You don't know where, but you definitely know that getting into the main fight in the Grand Room is a bad idea, so you run to the Arcane Room. As always, the arcane beams coming from the floor towards the ceiling and the occasional discharges of energy being absorbed by the pyramidal crystals attached to the wall greet you. There is a a guy with an unusually small head doing science there, somewhat near a floating lower half of a dragon shaped in porcelain. Yeah, typical magic stuff here.

Quote from: EP
PM

You are joined by a lady here. She has a look that shows a mixture of fear and anger. Anyway, you have science to do:

[Pot:6+1=7]
A thick, golden line appears and draws a leg more fit for a potential NBA player than you. You notice that its edges are somewhat fuzzy, and not as definite as they had been in other attempts at magic drawing.

[Pot:2+1=3]
You get a small chunk of a black gas, that somehow keeps its shape as it falls to the ground, not colliding, but rather bouncing a little somehow. You are not sure what to do with it.

[Pot:5+1=6]
A big blob of cold steam appears in front of you. It behaves more or less like the black substance.

Well, this was interesting.

try agian

I HOPE THIS WORKS THIS TIEM:

[Pot:5]
You begin to glow with light, the magic totally under your control. You decide to order it to react, and it does, making you flash with light. Now, you are totally made of diamond! But you still can't feel your rapier-arms. Dammit.

Diamond man:
[Crystaline structure]

Space Wizard!

A golden line appears, and draws a pair of boots! With a flash of light, they materialize into steel, with little canals and carvings which are constantly being traversed by blue lights, going from one place to another. They sure look cool.

-Futuristic steel boots:
[Smooth surface]

Hell yes, you are almost fully prepared to go to war.

"Guess who's back? Back again. Derm is back. FTW."

1 to strength, 1 to will, 1 to pool.
You move back to the Greenhouse Room. Everything is just as you left it. As the fight with the Zealot left you with totally exhausted magic reserves, you haven't got any thing to do other than charging your crossbow:

[Str:6]

Which you do quite easily.

TWIST-y TURN

You have work to do. No words, just working and sciencing:

A thick line appears, and draws a big chest-armor. With a flash of light, it materializes into solid diamond! As you manipulate it to put it on, you notice that it is so light that you won't actually have any problem wearing it, even if it doesn't fit you.

-Big light diamond armor:
[Crystaline structure]
You receive no damage in your hands until they break. Blunt damage just goes through.

Now, for the second part:

[Pot:3+1=4]
You flash with light, and find yourself in human form and AAAAAARRGHH. You fall to the floor from the pain in your leg. Shit, it hurts! It feel like if somebody had grabbed it and yanked it away until the muscles distended enough to prevent movement! Oh, wait, that is what actually happened. You notice that you are glowing again, and quickly order the magic to proceed. You flash, and you are still in human form, but your leg has been fixed. Thanks, magic!

*broken robot noises* Damn killstealer, even stealing my attack. *broken robot noises*

You try to fix yourself:

[Pot:1-1=0]
Something did emit a glow, but you were too busy having a headache to notice it. Well, you have to do more magi- AAAARGH, it hurts! Better not do anything for now until it stops.

Rest of the turn delayed due to pain issues caused by own incompetence.

[♪]

Quote from: Beirus
PM

[Robert spd:3+1-1=3]
[DK spd:1]

Robert another strike with his breath weapon:

[Pot:4](Fixed)
[Robert dex:2+1=3]
[DK dex:6+1=7]

And a green skull is breathed towards the DoomKnight, who sidesteps it easily.

"You will have to try harder than that" The Knight says. And, indeed, you will. You rush to him and pronounce the words:

[Pot:6+1=7] 7/2=3.5

Total: 7.5=8

[DK will:4]
[Robert will:6+1+1=8]

A cone of the green forces of the damned erupts in front of Robert, and quickly expands towards the Knight. Robert manages to repel most of the hands trying to yank his soul away, but the Knight screams in agony, clutching his chest and falling to his knees.

"You... will pay for this."

Having said that, he jumped to his feet and tried to chop Robert to tiny bits:

[DK dex:1+1-1=1]
[Robert dex:2+1=3]

But the Knight only managed to execute an non-aimed swing, that made Robert jump back a little. The Knight breathes deeply. His soul appears to have taken quite the beating.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorsidwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: The damned strike back!
« Reply #2281 on: April 15, 2015, 07:53:40 am »

(Nice work berius, now I was going to help when I got geared up and my arms working but hey. Your doing fine)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 08:07:07 am by endlessblaze »
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: April 15, 2015, 09:39:52 pm »

pm
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: April 15, 2015, 09:40:38 pm »

Oh right, yeah. The posting in the thread.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: April 16, 2015, 06:40:30 pm »

Can you add the NPC stat sheets to the bottom of turns? If that is too much work, you could do it only for bosses.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: April 16, 2015, 07:32:39 pm »

Can you add the NPC stat sheets to the bottom of turns? If that is too much work, you could do it only for bosses.
The whole idea is to don't show them.  :P

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: April 16, 2015, 08:10:52 pm »

The whole idea is to don't show them.  :P
I know, but maybe just say things we can see? Things like "he looks exhausted" or "he was recently hit with a soul-eroding blast".

Berius, I don't know if you want to destroy Tim's soul. You might destroy his points.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Space ninja dies! Dammit Derm.
« Reply #2287 on: April 16, 2015, 08:54:57 pm »

Someone should also see if the silver blood is magical, and check out the hole in the ceiling.
Also, the boss dodged the question when asked what was the opposing force.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: April 16, 2015, 09:00:18 pm »

Second verse, same as the first.

((How much of the thread have you read, ATHATH? Because that method worked perfectly fine for one of my other kills.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: April 17, 2015, 05:48:08 am »

I know, but maybe just say things we can see? Things like "he looks exhausted" or "he was recently hit with a soul-eroding blast".
If you know what are you doing, then this shouldn't be a problem. Consider this more of a test of the player's knowledge of the underlying mechanics of the game.

Berius, I don't know if you want to destroy Tim's soul. You might destroy his points.
That won't happen, I can tell you that. People have already died to this element, and no points were lost.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: April 17, 2015, 08:19:26 am »

DO DA THINGS!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: April 17, 2015, 09:43:27 am »

Second verse, same as the first.

((How much of the thread have you read, ATHATH? Because that method worked perfectly fine for one of my other kills.))
I've read all of it, but I forgot about that kill.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: April 17, 2015, 10:05:01 am »

"Oh yeah!  Everyone can tell I'm a Space Wizard! now."

Space Wizard! powers go!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: The outcome.
« Reply #2293 on: April 20, 2015, 08:05:57 am »

Turn 112

pm

Not having many things to do, you opt for science:

[Pot:3]
A small blob of beer appears and falls to the ground, where the slight inclination of the floor in the Magma Room makes it flow towards the magma moat, where it proceeds to catch fire and quickly burn out.

[Pot:2]
You get a dancing line! How useless!

[Pot:2]
Another dancing line! You suck at magic drawing.

Oh right, yeah. The posting in the thread.

Now that your magic mojo is up again, you will try to make something badass:

A golden line appears, then splits into 6 different ones, each of them taking the form of a crossbow-bolt. With a flash of light, they all materialize into something peculiar: their exterior is made of clear glass, but the head is filled with assorted substances. It seems that part of it is a green liquid of some kind, which is adjacent to two different gasses: one predominantly purple, and the other predominantly black. While it seems badass, you wonder if the amount of those gasses would be enough to cause some damage.

6 acid/miasma/darkness filled glass crossbow bolts added to inventory.

DO DA THINGS!

We are back with your favourite program: random science!

[Pot:1+1=2]
You get a golden line, doing linear stuff.

[Pot:1+1=2]
You get a drop of a somewhat viscous substance, with a yellowish-white colour.

A golden line appears and draws a genderless torso.

Nothing happens.

You get some chunks of coal.

Well, at least you got some knowledge out of this.

"Oh yeah!  Everyone can tell I'm a Space Wizard! now."

Space Wizard! powers go!

Time for space science!

A thick line appears and draws what would be the offspring between a pointy-eared bastard and a professional basketball player, because it is tall, really tall.

You get a small chunk of a silvery metal. Upon examination (aka, bashing it), you notice that it is aluminium.

Now you get a chunk of lead.

And that, gentlemen, was Space science!

Quote from: EP
PM

You have more science to do!

You get a golden line, which draws a shape you can't discern. It is less definite than what you had hoped, even considering how bad you are at magic drawing.

A big blob of some white liquid appears and falls to the ground, where it proceeds to fall into a crater left by vacuum transmutation a long time back. It seems that the liquid is of the same color than the floating lower half-dragon still existing motionless above it.

Now a thick line appears, and draws a big door. It is less definite than other (good) drawings, as it appears that it is flowing, somehow.

Quote from: Dorsidwarf
PM

You are going to try something, and you hope it works:

[Pot:6-1=5]
You put your hands in front of your chest, and then look at yourself. You begin to glow, and suddenly you flash with light. You are immediately forced to put your hands on the floor, where they now are incredibly comfortable. In fact, they are paws now, just as your legs. You can even feel a tail! Yes, and everything is made of solid steel! And then you notice that your head is still human. Oh, well, that is the problem with not being able to see your own head.

You are now a human headed steel lion!
[Smooth surface]
[Naturally sharp]
Does not apply to head.

Quote from: NAV
PM

You try again:

[Pot:2-1=1]
Everything fails again, but at least your head doesn't hurt so much any-more. A pity that you still lack half your mouth.

Well, at least you can do science:

[Pot:1-1=0]
Arrrg! My head! Why do you hate me, magic, why? WHY? Arrh, it still hurts!

And you find yourself unable to do more science.

((Suggestion: you can always focus, overdrive, or use a combination of both to get better results))

[♪]

Quote from: Beirus
PM

[Robert spd:6+1=7]
[DK spd:2]

Robert unleashes another spell, hopefully to finish the DoomKnight, otherwise his own face may met the hellish axe, which would be without a doubt a bad experience.

[Pot:1+1=2] 2/2=11

Total pot:5

[DK will:2+1=3]
[Robert will:6+1+1=8]

Another bunch of revenants, spirits, damned souls and assorted green scary things begun to expand from Robert's position, and encompassed the Knight from Hell.  The mass of wailing souls just proceeded to ignore their creator, like if he was not there, while they desperately yanked away at his foe. The Knight screamed: it was a long and painful scream as each of the vague green shades collided, clawed, and bit at him. One of the unholy figures stopped circling him and stood a bit back, then suddenly charged at the Knight, arms unfolded in a macabre hug directed at him. The scream intensified, as the spirit slowly went through him, and suddenly, the Knight dropped to the ground, his axe colliding with the floor, the sound of it muffled by the now ethereal scream of the Knight, as a vague green figure erupted from his body, still carried by the hugging spirit and permanently assailed by the other ones. The scream was now coming from it, now echoing a little more. The figure had a vague face, one that could have been recognized some as Timothy's face, desperately trying to reach his own body, but as the spirits carried him away, the sound became softer, the brightness of the green shades diminished, and soon everything vanished, without leaving a single trace. The motionless body of the DoomKnight was lying on the floor, a small glow coming from beneath his armor, and his demonic axe still emitting some soft moans. A thick line of smoke erupted from the chest of the deceased, and floated towards Robert. It entered the chest of his drake form. And he was filled with an overdose of joy and ecstasy, as his senses overloaded with power.

The DoomKnight has been slain! Robert gains 10 stat points!

As the joy of murder slowly went away, the Guide floated towards Robert, and he heard its voice in his head:

"Timothy left a message to be heard after his death. You have been given the authorization to hear it. Should I reproduce it?"

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorsidwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: The outcome.
« Reply #2294 on: April 20, 2015, 08:53:16 am »

I might be paranoid, but before Berius listens to the tape, he might want to protect himself from sonic attacks, in case the message is just a really loud noise or a brown note.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 197