Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317277 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: A small surprise!
« Reply #2325 on: April 27, 2015, 09:52:00 pm »

((for science!....did I post an action yet?))
There's a list of your sent PMs under "Messages".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: April 27, 2015, 10:11:50 pm »

Don't forget people who decide they might like a whole pile of soul points!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: April 27, 2015, 10:13:55 pm »

But the pile of soul points is now PvEable.

Why, you'd have to be some sort of psychopathic monster to even consider going after other players fresh, juicy newborn souls.

*Ahem*
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: April 27, 2015, 10:18:47 pm »

That was a bit out of context.  It was in response to...

... but I have to do something to entertain Beirus,
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: April 27, 2015, 10:22:43 pm »

My point stands.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: April 28, 2015, 05:34:17 am »

Who even knows anymore.

Currenly, I only lack Beirus's action, and he only has 1 pool left, so he can't do much

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: April 28, 2015, 08:44:12 am »

Make with the focusing Pot.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: New words!
« Reply #2332 on: April 29, 2015, 08:13:32 am »

Turn 113

*Upon hearing the cacophony of screams and death*
"Congratulations to [Robert/]that fellow! It seems Iron-thunder-pants, who I can only assume was that Timothy/barbarian fellow from before, has met his match! I feel credit where credit is due is in order." :)
((Not sure if my character and Robert ever RP-talked so name omitted above, but good kill, and a great finisher!))

MOAR SCIENCE! NOT LIKE I HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO!

Moar science, like if there was another option!

[Pot:4+1=5]
A chunk of flesh appears in front of you. You don't notice anything odd about it, excluding a strong pull that it is exerting towards you. With you being bigger than it is, it is the flesh which is moved towards you, and not the opposite, resulting in having a wet and squishy chunk of meat stuck to one of your legs. It is quite disgusting.

[Pot:5+1=6]
A big blob of whiskey appears and falls to the ground, where it disperses. Some of it hits you, and your newfound disgusting friend. Now you have a booze-smelling wet and squishy flesh ball stuck to one leg.

Now a line appears. It draws a desk, which vanishes shortly after.

[Pot:2+1=3]
Nothing happens!

This was a bit of disgusting science.

Sad broken robot tries to fix itself.

Totally not Igor tries to fix himself, even if he has to burn most of his magic reserves to do so:

[Pot:5-1+2=6]
You try to look at your head, then realize that it is not working, but it is too late. A big chunk of the wall you have been actually seeing while trying to turn your eyes and watch your head from inside begins to glow. Not only that, but your diamond gauntlets glow too! And the glow is intense! But nothing happens, because the magic didn't have any actual order to perform.

Oh, well, you burned your magic reserves for nothing.

Wizards in spaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!

Sphess science!

[Pot:5]
A golden line appears and draws a pair of claws, sharp claws.

[Pot:3+1=4]
A chunk of gold appears and falls towards the floor. A pity that gold is no currency here.

[Pot:2]
Nothing happens. Wait, what? Why nothing? Damn.

"Sounds fun...... But first...."

science!

Ignoring the magma imps which recently scared you and have recently got inside the magma moat again, you ready yourself to do science:

A golden line appears and draws a desk.

[Pot:+1=5]
Nothing happens. Oh, bummer.

Quote from: EP
PM

Quote from: Dorsidwarf
PM

[Flimsy spd:2-1-1=0]
[Doris spd:3-1=2]

The woman-headed lion looks at the only person in the Arcane Room: the Flimsy Wizard. It seems that the lion has something in mind:

[Doris pot:2-1=1]
[Doris will:6-1=5]
One of her forepaws flashes with light, and becomes a burning mass of fire! A pity that she can't feel it any-more. Not only that, but the thing doesn't seem to be able to burn forever, although it seems to be fueled by something beneath it.

Left back paw is made of inert pitch-fueled fire!
It can burn, but you can't use it for much.
-1 dex in human form, chance of applying penalty is halved in lion form due to having double the legs.

The Wizard, not really knowing what this girl? Animal? thing? tried to do, just does some science of his own.

A golden line appears and draws a pair of wings. They don't look really different from normal, feathery wings.

[Pot:2+1=3]
A little piece of diamond appears and falls in front of you. You examine it, and as you touch it you suddenly feel some kind of force being shot out of it. Hmm.

A golden line appears, and draws a horse.

[Pot:1+1=2]
Another line. This one does nothing. How interesting!

Make with the focusing Pot.

Quote from: Derm
PM

Derm leaves the Greenhouse Room to congratulate the great Robert for his victory. Upon arrival, he finds the staircase to the Challenge mode, coming from the middle of the room towards the ceiling. The lifeless body of the DoomKnight is lying by it, motionless. Both Derm and Robert greet each other, and proceed to inspect the body.

So far, the body has:
-A full set of black iron plate armour, excluding one of the greaves which was melted by the acid. The gauntlets are made of silver.
-The Soulbreaker: demonic axe with diamond edge, with the forces of the damned kept inside.
-Eight skulls, which vibrate upon touch. It may be dangerous to manipulate these.
-And, finally, a list of words!

Upon examination, the list of words appears to be in a pretty good state. There are no missing missing words or anything. Derm uses the opportunity to see what the hell did the badly ripped sections actually said:

-The first section says "Safe to test"
-The second section says "Test with caution"
-The third section simply states "Danger"
-And the fourth one was already known, as it was the Appendix.

And upon seeing the back of the list, some hastily scrawled words could be seen:

G-117 Coturor!!
Y-339 Rean
R-279 Iumumne
A-459 Niartis
A-597 Peemntili

Hmmm.

Upon making sure that they had examined everything, both Derm and Robert did their thing.

Robert, on one hand, decided to focus his inner energies:

ROOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Derm, on the other hand, tried some words (although not from the new ones):

[Pot:1+1=2]
A small piece of wood appears, not really useful for anything.

A golden line appears and draws a bird.

Another golden line, this time drawing a nunchaku.

Now a big, two-handed morningstar is drawn.

[Pot:6+1=7]
A pile of bones appears in front of you.

Well, now you can do more science! Or maybe give the Challenge mode a shot. Who knows?

It is worth noting that the portal in the Portal Room is now back at its usual blue and purple colors.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorsidwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: New words!
« Reply #2333 on: April 29, 2015, 08:23:19 am »

"Oh lookie! Idiots!"

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: April 29, 2015, 01:34:34 pm »

Altering character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 08:28:16 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: April 29, 2015, 01:51:01 pm »

Altering character:
I have the feeling that you may do this quite often. Let's do something: how about if I keep your place on the waitlist, and you make the character when you enter the game?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: April 29, 2015, 02:47:46 pm »

You could just have the waitlist spot be a link to his !in post, and he can edit that accordingly.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: April 29, 2015, 08:33:03 pm »

STOP! SCIENCE TIME!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: May 01, 2015, 11:14:08 pm »

Altering character:
I have the feeling that you may do this quite often. Let's do something: how about if I keep your place on the waitlist, and you make the character when you enter the game?
That sounds alright.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: May 03, 2015, 04:47:15 pm »

SIENCE!
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 197