Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317951 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

The Black Hole Bear's services go to the highest bidder!

Whomever can inform me of how to keep myself alive in this form gets my help.

If no one decides they want a living black hole...well, the living black hole will be happy to want them instead.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I don't think that's a permanent thing you can keep up.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile

How to stay alive in that form:
Step one: change out of that form.

Science must move onward!
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If no one decides they want a living black hole...well, the living black hole will be happy to want them instead.
You could heal with magic, like TNI does.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile

I think the issue is more he is loosing bodymass, and would need to find a way to add more blackhole to his body (along with a shape transformation to keep him roughly bearish) and optimally find a way to add blackhole fast and regularly enough to counteract the loss (1 pot per turn apparently, but if he tries to eat something that rate would probably go up)
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the issue is more he is loosing bodymass, and would need to find a way to add more blackhole to his body (along with a shape transformation to keep him roughly bearish) and optimally find a way to add blackhole fast and regularly enough to counteract the loss (1 pot per turn apparently, but if he tries to eat something that rate would probably go up)
If body mass is an issue, just summon more black holes. What could go wrong?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That they wouldn't be his mass?

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile

SCIENCE!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

"Well this was short. Have fun in space!"

"Space! is the best!"

Space!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought he could repair himself with them. Didn't TNI summon some metal and repair himself with it?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought he could repair himself with them. Didn't TNI summon some metal and repair himself with it?
By targeting it and casting a spell. Blck hole material tends to last but an instant, though.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

I'd have to do it as part of one big spell, probably.

Oh well. I suppose this will have to be a temporary stay as Black Hole Bear. Maybe. I wanna try something first.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh well. I suppose this will have to be a temporary stay as Black Hole Bear. Maybe. I wanna try something first.
Maybe you could cast Black Hole Black Hole Black Hole?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And that would help... exactly how? Repetition of words just makes the outome bigger. It doesn't add additional effects.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile

And that would help... exactly how? Repetition of words just makes the outome bigger. It doesn't add additional effects.

What you really need here is "slow." It would most likely provide some sort of debuff, but that's better than collapsing in on yourself.

Of course, I have no clue how many modifiers you guys know, so that may be impossible to accomplish.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 197