Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317293 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd have to do it as part of one big spell, probably.

Oh well. I suppose this will have to be a temporary stay as Black Hole Bear. Maybe. I wanna try something first.
Maybe you could cast Black Hole Black Hole Black Hole?
And that would help... exactly how? Repetition of words just makes the outome bigger. It doesn't add additional effects.

What you really need here is "slow." It would most likely provide some sort of debuff, but that's better than collapsing in on yourself.

Of course, I have no clue how many modifiers you guys know, so that may be impossible to accomplish.
Black holes here work differently, basically because they are not actually black holes (to avoid physics nonsense). Instead, the black hole equivalent is negative matter, which destroys itself and whatever it is touching upon contact.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile

Black holes here work differently, basically because they are not actually black holes (to avoid physics nonsense). Instead, the black hole equivalent is negative matter, which destroys itself and whatever it is touching upon contact.

So, if the negative matter isn't touching anything, it won't vanish? Making it intangible would stick it in that "side" dimension, which doesn't have any air to interact with.

I did know the true nature of black holes, but I figured adding "slow" would cause it to destroy itself/matter at a slower rate.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

I'm half hoping that I can get Repulsive Force or whatever as a sort of shield(that I can overcome by hugging people), and/or just a way of adding more black hole matter to myself. Possibly the word for bigger just so I can be a Big Big Black Hole Bear
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The answer to these theories requires science by the players, I'm afraid.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile

The answer to these theories requires science by the players, I'm afraid.
I like to think this is the GM way of saying "Potential !!Fun!! Ahead, enjoy yourselves" ;D

((Yet I know it's just "No free answers 4 U!" But I can dream :P))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So much for that. If either of you even look at me, you'll regret it." Robert growls towards Bigf00t and Thrakor.

Yay, stuff. Or other stuff. Depends.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd have to do it as part of one big spell, probably.

Oh well. I suppose this will have to be a temporary stay as Black Hole Bear. Maybe. I wanna try something first.
Maybe you could cast Black Hole Black Hole Black Hole?
And that would help... exactly how? Repetition of words just makes the outome bigger. It doesn't add additional effects.

What you really need here is "slow." It would most likely provide some sort of debuff, but that's better than collapsing in on yourself.

Of course, I have no clue how many modifiers you guys know, so that may be impossible to accomplish.
I figured that if there was more antimatter, it would take more time for it to completely dissolve, giving Rolepgeek enough time to assimilate it.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So much for that. If either of you even look at me, you'll regret it." Robert growls towards Bigf00t and Thrakor.

"Wait, what the.. What am I missing here?"

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"This seems like it will be over soon. That was a warning incase you two decide to be ungentlemanly. Also, you may want to move away from any of the room entrances."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"This seems like it will be over soon. That was a warning incase you two decide to be ungentlemanly. Also, you may want to move away from any of the room entrances."
"Ah right, good. Don't worry, I'm even aiming my science to be as low-risk to others as possible, as to make sure I don't accidentally shoot someone!"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: He went full Bucky. You never go full Bucky.
« Reply #2455 on: June 02, 2015, 07:02:29 pm »

Turn 119

Science must move onward!

And indeed, it will move onward!

[Pot:6]
[End:2-1=1]
A thick golden line appears, and draws a big book. Like, those huge half-dictionaries half-encyclopaedias or something. With a flash of light, it materializes into...pain! Your ear-drums hurt as an ear-piercing sound is emitted. In the place of the book, just some faint ripples in the air are seen, but it does not matter, for that you can barely stand the sound, even less think properly!

You have [Sonic resonance II] until you get rid of the source of the sound!

Quote from: Rest of the players
Actions and PMs!

[Bigf01t spd:3]
[Robert spd:5+1=6]
[Flimsy spd:1-1=0]
[Derm spd:3+1-2=2]
[TNI spd:2-1-1=0]
[Thrakor spd:1-1=0]
[Bucky spd:1-1=0]

The Tribal fiend grows impatient and begins by casting a spell towards the NE hallway, from where a curious creature made of a dark substance is coming. The fiend pokes his head towards the Northern entrance to the Greenhouse Room and says his words:

[Robert pot:3+1=4]

A diamond wall is fired, and lands, still standing, more or less in the middle of the Hallway. Being somewhat thin, as not enough magic has been used in making it, it feels attracted to the black hole bear, who finds that he can't really evade it, not only because it is a fucking wall what it is trying to fly at him, but because of the suction towards him. Damned black holes. He guesses that he will have to run past it as quick as he can.

[Bucky spd:1]

But he can't really do anything against his own nature. The wall impacts him, and Bucky is surprised that he doesn't feel the hit. Instead, he feels like how part of his muzzle has vanished, just like some of his chest and part of his sides. It feels odd, because the center of the wall disappeared upon making contact with him, and the extremes were soon eliminated by his sides.

Potency is now at 5/7

Still, the dark bear continued his march, albeit quite slowly.

Bigf01t, meanwhile, did some science:

[Pot:2+1=3]
You feel that the nothingness did something at your back.

[Pot:4+1=5]
Now, the nothingness is disturbed to your right.

[Pot:2+1=3]
Now you feel the nothingness expanding somewhat, but behind you, for some reason.

[Pot:5+1=6]
Now you clearly sense the nothingness flying away from you towards your right.

[Pot:1+1=2]
Huh, you just thought you had sensed a roar somewhere.

This was not as informative as you had hoped.

Derm, meanwhile, keeps fighting against the Shpess Whizard! He cast a spell beneath Thrakor's feet:

[Derm pot:4+1=5]
[Thrakor dex:4-1=3]

The floor beneath him transforms into magma! And the Whizard can't get out in time, his already burned leg has become even more burned!

Burns upgraded to: [Burned]. Bleeding stopped.

Derm then finishes to load his crossbow and fires:

[Derm str:2-1=1] Just enough!

[Derm dex:2+1=3]
[Thrakor dex:4-1=3]

And the bolt fired made Thrakor quite uncomfortable as it almost scratched the side of his head. Unfortunately for Derm, it missed.

Spd tie:

[Flimsy spd:2-1=1]
[TNI spd:3-1-1=1]
[Thrakor spd:4]
[Bucky spd:4]

Second tie:

[Thrakor spd:3]
[Bucky spd:2]

Before the Black hole bear manages to enter the room, Thrakor counter-attacks on Derm:

He begins with a spell, pointing at his foe:

[Thrakor pot:4]
[Thrakor dex:6-1=5]
[Derm dex:3+1-1-1=2]

A bunch of crystalline nails are fired from Thrakor's hand, which Derm finds quite difficult to evade completely. He ends up covering his face with his arms, while some of the nails pierce them, just like his his chest, becoming embedded there.

Derm has crystalline nails on arms and chest!

To make matters worse, this is the moment where the black hole bear appears in scene!

Everybody tries to keep his footing!

[Bigf01t str:2+1=3]
[Robert str:2+1=3]
[Flimsy str:2-1=1]
[Derm str:3-1=2]
[TNI str:2-1=1]
[Thrakor str:5-1=4]

The force of the physics-defying bear proves too much for the people in the Greenhouse Room. All of them are forced to take hold of whatever they have at hand in order to not get sucked. Bigf01t grabs the wall at the southern entrance to the room, holding his precious demonic morningstar with all that he can. Unfortunately, his necrosteel dagger slips away and is sucked into the vortex. Robert futilely tries to move away, only managing to throw himself into the floor, attempting to sink his claws into it, which proves too difficult because of the repulsive energy coating his being. Oddly enough, no part of his body was sucked away, and soon he realized that his own tail had been touching the black hole bear the whole time, but the coating, that energy, prevented his tail from being dissolved. The Flimsy Wizard was taken by surprise, and no matter how desperately he yanked at the odd plants of the room to get a good hold on them, they all slipped from his hands, and one of his legs was slowly sucked into the vortex. Derm got hold of the wall of the Eastern exit of the room, clutching his precious crossbow. Unfortunately for him, many of his bolts slipped away and were consumed by the emptiness. Not Igor, unlike the Flimsy Wizard, got a good hold form a particularly large plant, but had to let his precious axe go into the abyss. Thrakor was being slowly but steadily pulled into the vortex, but the Flimsy Wizard reacted, and tried to put an end to this thing:

[Flimsy pot:4+1=5]
He first became solid diamond, preventing his lack of a leg from causing more bleeding, then he casted other spell:

[Pot:4+1=5]
[Will:1-1=0]

But he lost concentration, and a diamond hippo instantly materialized and crashed into his hands, making him release his last hope of surviving this. But wait, maybe not all is lost!

[Flimsy str:5-1=4]
[Hippo str:4]

He manages to get a somewhat firm hold of the floor, but not before the black hole has taken another foot from him. The hippo suffered a similar fate, and is screaming with a sound akin to crushed glass.

((Fun fact, had he chosen to just summon something inert, it would have been sucked and probably killed Bucky.))

Summary of effects:
Objects lost: Bigf01t's necrosteel dagger, 3 of Derm's assorted filled bolts, TNI's axe
Wounds:
Flimsy Wizard lacks a whole leg and a foot:
-2 to dexterity when dodging
-1 to speed
Has further penalties for being [On ground] unless using a crutch to stand up.

Fortunately for everyone, the black hole has reduced its strength to a gentle pull, after being reduced to a small bear cub due to mass cancellation.

Bucky is now at 1/7 potency.

Not Igor then shrugs, and does science:

[Pot:5]
A golden line appears and draws what seems to be an hybrid rat-person or something.

[Pot:6]
A thick line appears and draws a long, thick tail.

[Pot:3]
This time a line draws a pole with something on one of the extremes.

[Pot:1]
[Will:2-1=1]
Not Igor recognizes the feeling, the ephemeral calm before the storm, as the last limbs of his body that are still his (his arm and one leg), begin to glow. He swallows, and internally curses his incompetence. But it is too late, for that whatever means of locomotion have already transformed into solid stone. Fuck.

Not Igor's flesh arm and leg have transformed into stone:
-1 to evading and similar actions
-1 to speed
-1 to wrestling
Is permanently [On ground] due to not having limbs.

Guess that the Random Number Gods really dislike you.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: He went full Bucky. You never go full Bucky.
« Reply #2456 on: June 02, 2015, 07:25:59 pm »

"Whoops?"

Time to go!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: June 02, 2015, 07:36:27 pm »

Well, that was distracting. Enough space for you.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: June 02, 2015, 07:56:28 pm »

No! I could have gotten a kill with a hippopotamus! My dreams are all ruined.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: June 02, 2015, 08:19:04 pm »

So... did those nails actually do anything?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 197