Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317977 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I could italicize it if you want.
It kind of needs to be capitalized to complete the effect.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I mean I'm just *spoiler* it doesn't need to be that bombastic.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean I'm just *spoiler* it doesn't need to be that bombastic.
All I'm trying to say is that the sudden change in the tone of your voice is odd.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I added an exclamation mark.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I added an exclamation mark.
I'm fine with that compromise.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

((Life's working out better for me now, surprisingly.))

It dies. Grab it, drag it over to magma, throw it in magma.

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

"You cannot beat the Space Wizard! at this game of Space Magic!"

Space Wizard! Space Magic! to save the day!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile

TURN!
RUN TO THE ROOM WITH THE NPC ENEMY THINGS! (If I haven't picked up my Soulsteelrapier yet then do so before moving)

"Play nice kids. Please. If I have to come back down here I can't guarantee an amicable resolution for all involved, at the very least I'll make sure no-one wins"

((Keeping the text color simple, now that I'm hellrider))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Derm has discovered control. RUN.
« Reply #2588 on: August 09, 2015, 02:52:41 pm »

Turn 125

Maybe I can fix that later. But for now, More Science!

[Pot:5]
The nothingness is fired toward one of the obsidian pillars which form the portal.

[Pot:3]
A golden line appears and draws something. It appears to have legs, and two flat surfaces attached to each other, forming a 90 degree angle.

[Pot:2]
You get a shard of something somewhat silver and black, metallic in nature. You have no idea what it is.

Now you get another line, but this ones just moves erratically during its short lifespan.

[Pot:6]
Nothing happens, and it doesn't seem to be your fault this time.

[Pot:5]
You get a bunch of styrofoam, in the form of those tiny things that come in boxes.

[Pot:3]
Now you get a small piece of cardboard.

And, this is magic, apparently. Or at least this section of magic.

((Life's working out better for me now, surprisingly.))

It dies. Grab it, drag it over to magma, throw it in magma.

TURN!
RUN TO THE ROOM WITH THE NPC ENEMY THINGS! (If I haven't picked up my Soulsteelrapier yet then do so before moving)

"Play nice kids. Please. If I have to come back down here I can't guarantee an amicable resolution for all involved, at the very least I'll make sure no-one wins"

((Keeping the text color simple, now that I'm hellrider))

Cranky begins to fight against the diamond beast, which appears to have the same idea as him. But he has arms, and is willing to put them to good use:

[Cranky dex:6]
[Hippo dex:4+1-2=3]

[Cranky str:5]
[Hippo str:5]

And he manages to hug the beast from a side, but it refuses to move away. Still, it can't break free and probably stomp his face, so that's good.

The scene is interrupted when the Ghost Rider, wielding a demonic rapier, makes an entrance. The metallic skull enveloped in cold flames it has as a head warns both of you with a metallic voice, in a condescending tone. This is not going to be good.

"Now is the time of reckoning! BEHOLD MY POWER!"

"You cannot beat the Space Wizard! at this game of Space Magic!"

Space Wizard! Space Magic! to save the day!

[Derm spd:3+1=4]
[Thrakor spd:1-2=-1] ((I'm allowing half your action because you only have to speak some words, and because this is prone to happen to often))

Derm knows how to make a good use of a crippled foe: preparing for badassery:

[Derm pot:3+1+1=5]
A golden line appears, and draws a simple staff. With a flash of light, it materializes into solid steel and falls to the ground. The black orbs Derm has as eyes open widely as he grabs the simple instrument. He feels... a lot. He feels the faint ripples in the water, colliding against his legs, how the liquid constantly rearranges into itself, its molecules always moving, sliding, and flowing, even when they appear static. He can feel some of them colliding with something at the bottom of the pool, something which he already guesses what could be. But he also feels his adversary, each molecule of the molten rock flowing through his mangled body as if it had been his own body the one being made out of it. His own will seems to have trespassed the boundaries of his body, and permeated some surrounding elements. The flow of information is still manageable for his intellect, but he doesn't know how much more he could attempt to handle without he suffering from it.

-Steel staff that controls water and magma
[Blunt weapon]
Can control water and magma!

And Derm realizes that he knows what to do, he tries to will the water from the pool to follow his commands:

[Derm will:4]

And he manages to grab a sphere of water, making it levitate, some drops falling from the rookie-level of manipulation he can only perform by this point. Now, it's time to use it:

[Derm dex:1]
[Thrakor dex:3-2=1]

But he can't manage to order it around properly, and so the sphere goes exactly towards the opposite side, colliding against the wall above the pool, the water quickly scurrying inside again.

Thrakor attempts a spell meanwhile:

And he gets a drop of magma. Bummer.

((Derm has no pool because of his intention to attack. Thrakor has full pool because he didn't even get to attempt anything))

Quote from: Beirus
PM

ROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR

And it gives chills to everybody.

Quote from: NAV
PM

Quote from: ATHATH
PM

[TNI spd:2-1-1=0]
[ATHATH spd:5-1=4]

The unsuspecting ATHATH tries something:

But nothing happens.

It is at this moment where he hears some steps coming from the SE Hallway, and he is greeted by a black and emaciated dragon, shining alien-style features coming out of it, and sporting a wide, vicious smile of sharp teeth.

From afar, the dragon seems to whisper some words, and the strike begins:

[TNI pot:2]
Oddly enough, nothing happens, but there seems to be a glimpse of a glow somewhere.

[TNI pot:5]
[ATHATH str:3-1=2]
The floor beneath poor ATHAT flashes with light and becomes a somewhat transparent mass of something black, which begins to pull him towards it. He falls to his knees, trying to get hold of anything, but the smooth stone floor is not helping with that. The pulling force ultimately manages to yank him away, and his left arm is completely swallowed by the substance, at which point it just ceases to exist, but leaving open all the blood-transposing conduits in his body. In other words, he is now bleeding out.

Left arm lost, ATHATH now has [Heavy bleeding 3/3]

It seems that the golden book has been partially swallowed by the black hole too.

But the dragon has not finished, and so he unleashes yet another spell:

[TNI pot:2]
Yet again, nothing happens. This is fortunate for ATHATH, but the dragon has grown impatient and launches itself towards him, its mouth totally opened!

[TNI dex:3-1=2]
[ATHATH dex:1-1=0]

[TNI str:5-1=4] ((Doing half damage because of biting rules, you are now latched))

The dragon, showing some unexpected clumsiness, manages to bite ATHATH's wound, making the bleeding even worse. Damn, this is bad.

Bleeding is now at [Heavy bleeding 2/3]

((You both are considered wrestling))

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ATHATH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Derm now discovered control. RUN.
« Reply #2589 on: August 09, 2015, 02:58:48 pm »

Drag the hippo to lava. Throw it in. Rejoice. Then give up magic for a more physically oriented combat.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: August 09, 2015, 03:04:42 pm »

"Heh. Hehehe. I can feel it! The the molten rock and the flowing water, I can feel it all! TOASTER! Heed my words, for I speak as your lord! FALL."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: August 09, 2015, 04:39:29 pm »

"Who's Toaster?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: August 09, 2015, 04:48:36 pm »

Toaster is 'shut up I don't give a damn about the fourth wall at the moment, and also I can't say space wizard in a dramatic fashon'.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: August 09, 2015, 05:00:41 pm »

"I am... the... SPAAAAAAAACE WIZZAAAAAAAAARD!!!!"

End this charade.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: August 09, 2015, 06:00:29 pm »

And if for some reason Derm and the Space Guy get in my way, bash their skulls together.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 197