Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317283 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Murderous Hippo is filled with DETERMINATION
« Reply #2820 on: March 31, 2016, 05:25:32 pm »

Manbearscorpion: Why I can't have nice things.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Where flying electric golden alligators are common.
« Reply #2821 on: April 02, 2016, 06:31:35 pm »

Turn 146

Toss them in the lava, crying at my mistake. Focus pot.

There is no lava around in the Portal Room, which makes you even more sad.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

"mmmm....don't want to mess this up...."

focus will

You try to focus your force of will. At first you don't really know how, but then you begin to stare at one point. And then focus on it. You want to blink, but you don't. You focus on just staring that point alone. This gives you clarity of consciousness. And watery eyes. But you don't care, because staring is all that is in your mind now.

Never falter in my efforts to get a new arm.

"Anci Osntitum Erante Ciis"

[Pot:1+1=2]
You try to redirect the magic to transform part of you into what you hope is an arm, but just your torso glows. You have the sensation that transforming your whole torso in an arm would kill you instead. You know, lack of internal organs and all that. Maybe you should try to transform yourself into a full shape that has arms? Because applying a template would override your form. Hey, if you gather more matter you could combine that with yourself in a single form to regain the lost mass. And maybe the final step to integrate it all into you is to choose a single element so that both you and the extra mass are transmuted into that element and are considered part of the same body now. You suspect that these ideas are the result of some kind of extraneous entity attempting help you, but you are not totally sure.

But, as always, everything is up to you.

Manbearscorpion: Why I can't have nice things.

[MBS spd:5]
[Robert spd:5+1=6]

Robert stares at the manbearscorpion thing and casts a spell:

[Robert pot:5+1=6]

[Robert dex:2+2=4]
[MBS dex:6]

But just before the spell takes effect, the creature jumps to a side, and the spell ends up targeting part of the wall, which glows and transforms into a motionless sheep of solid stone.

Robert then realizes that fire is useless against metal and diamond (just like it would have been against a metal and diamond sheep) and so braces for impact.

[MBS dex:1-1=0]
[Robert dex:4+2=6]

But the creature proves to be quite clumsy, and coupled with the pushing force of Robert that it didn’t take into account, ends up face-first on the floor. Robert abstains from doing some kind of tail-sweep or other badass move because it probably means that if it lands, his energy coating would go away.

Quote from: Illgeo
PM

Lemon attempts a spell:

[Pot:6]
A golden line appears, and begins drawing tiny humans attached by their head to the next one's feet. They go around in a circle, until you notice that the shape is in fact a belt, made from tiny humans. Oddly enough, it fails.

Maybe shapes only take form if a material is applied to them, you think.

Haha don't worry, my bloodlust is sated... for now ;D

Leg it back out into the grand room thing and DoDoDoDooooDODODODODUELDO SCIENCE!

You say a big NOPE and go back to the Grand Room.

And you get to try science again, how nice:

[Pot:5+1=6]
Nothing happens.

[Pot:6+1=7]
A big chunk of plastic appears and falls to the ground.

[Pot:4+1=5]
You get a golden line that draws a leg.

[Pot:2+1=3]
You get a little bit of rubber.

You get a golden line, which proceeds to do nothing at all. You love when it gets so interesting, so fluid so. Okay, I'll cut the sarcasm.

BAIT the hippo into the magma room, then PM'd spell later.
Please don't kill me for this, Bigf00t(and whoever is in the magma room)

You walk into the Magma Room, and the Hippo crawls behind.

[Redz spd:1-1=0]
[Hippo spd:2-2-1=-1]

You act first (and it seems that the Hippo won't move a lot for some time), and cast a spell:

[Redz pot:5+1+1=7]

[Hippo dex:4+1-2-1=2]
[Hippo end:5]

A golden line shaped like an alligator materializes in front of Redz, and quickly transmutes itself into gold, charged with electricity. It is immediately launched forwards, hitting the Hippo squarely in its upper body (the only thing remaining), and causing severe cracks in the diamond structure. The alligator, which wiggled uncomfortably after materializing, has been so deformed that it is not moving any more. it seems that the electricity, upon impact, has zapped the Hippo somewhat, and it seem even less willing to move than before.

Can you finish off the poor thing now?

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Illgeo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: blazing glory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Where flying electric golden alligators are common.
« Reply #2822 on: April 02, 2016, 06:44:45 pm »

Focus pot, before I forget
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: April 02, 2016, 06:52:07 pm »

You have already focused pot.
So keep focusing! :P I'm assuming that it doesn't stack, then? :P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: April 02, 2016, 07:05:06 pm »

You have already focused pot.
So keep focusing! :P I'm assuming that it doesn't stack, then? :P
It does not. It could just get ridiculous if somebody is left unchecked for a long time. I mean, a new player could eventually explode your torso with a punch if I allowed it to stack.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: April 02, 2016, 07:13:13 pm »

Focus Focus, then. :P Kidding.
Besides, I'm still in the waitlist, not in the game.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: April 02, 2016, 07:33:07 pm »

Things are moving slowly right now. And no fights between players currently, so I can't estimate anything right now.

blazing glory

« Reply #2828 on: April 02, 2016, 09:07:43 pm »

((Because I have no clue how anything works in relation to anything else we can ignore 90% of that.))

((I'd probably get pasted by overpowered death if I tried to pick a fight since I messed up the stats big time and everyone is better at this then me.))

"Osntitum Ilipronte."

"Ciis Oruentseat"

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: April 04, 2016, 03:40:53 am »

dodge
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 12:56:01 pm by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: April 10, 2016, 08:40:30 pm »

Oh, huh. I did. Musta looked at the wrong turn.

Uh...Prepare for the coming storm?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: April 12, 2016, 07:49:25 am »

Go to Challenge Mode.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: April 13, 2016, 02:51:56 am »

Nearly forgot to post:
PMedededed
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Another brave soul goes into Challenge Mode
« Reply #2833 on: April 14, 2016, 10:18:13 am »

Turn 147

Oh, huh. I did. Musta looked at the wrong turn.

Uh...Prepare for the coming storm?

You try to cry a pair of boots into existence:

[Pot:3+1=4]
A golden line appears, and splits in two. Each smaller line draws a boot each, and, with a flash of light, each one materializes into rubber! Now you have a pair of rubber boots, which you immediately wear.

Rubber boots:
[Soft]
Your feet are insulate from electricity!

But just in case you do another spell:

[Pot:4]
Another golden line appears, but this time it remains as just one. It begins to draw a bunch of interwoven...socks? And what is even stranger is that they draw an even bigger picture: a humanoid torso, made out of socks. It disappears before you can rationalize what the hell you just summoned.

((Check your PM and you will get answers))

Nearly forgot to post:
PMedededed

You keep doing science. Science all day, and all night!

You get a golden line. It dances. Weeee.

[Pot:5+1=6]
You get a pile of cardboard. How uninteresting.

[Pot:2+1=3]
You get a candy cane! Unfortunately, you don't have anything similar to a taste sense now, being made out of metal.

[Pot:6+1=7]
[Str:5+1=6]
A huge chunk of some kind of metal appears in front of you, and you quickly feel it pulling you towards it! You feel that you won't last much longer until you get stuck against it. You have to do something to get rid of it!

And another dancing line doesn't seem to be helping you.

What will you do against the evil metal which is just working as per normal physical laws?

((Because I have no clue how anything works in relation to anything else we can ignore 90% of that.))

((I'd probably get pasted by overpowered death if I tried to pick a fight since I messed up the stats big time and everyone is better at this then me.))

"Osntitum Ilipronte."

"Ciis Oruentseat"

As far as you now, you are fucked. But that doesn't mean that you can't have fun, right? Or at least try to figure out what to do. You attempt to do more magic:

[Pot:5]
You think of yourself, and say those words. Your whole body glows with a comforting glow, and you are mesmerized by the tiny golden particles emanating from your skin. But that calm is interrupted by a flash of light, one that didn't ask your permission to happen, and you find yourself somewhat smaller... But now you have both arms! Yes!

You are a small human:
[Small]
[Light]

Now, you attempt to do the other thing:

[Pot:6]
A golden line appears, and draws a long spear. Long even for a normal-sized person. With a flash of lgiht, it materializes into steel.

Heavy steel spear:
[Piercing weapon]
[Heavy]

dodge

Redz dodges the crippled and almost limbless hippo. Because one is never totally, absolutely sure. The hippo still tries to bite him:

[Hippo dex:3+1-2-1=1]
[Redz dex:2+1=3]

But somehow the Hippo moves a little more than anticipated, and Redz is forced to actually step a little back to evade the diamond tusks. Still no apparent danger here.

Quote from: Beirus
PM

[Robert spd:6+1=7]
[Manbearscorpion spd:4]

Robert's fight against his own creation continues as the Tribal drake casts a spell:

[Robert pot:3+1=4]
[MBS dex:2-1=1]

The drake looks at the floor beneath the creature, and it transmutes into green and slimy acid! The manbearscorpion can't jump away in time, and one of his legs ends up covered in acid, which melts away the aluminum covering and shows the diamond inside of it, and an important portion of it is also dissolved.

The creature counterattacks with its stinger:

[MBS dex:1-1-1=-1]
[Robert dex:3+2=5]

The manbearscorpion clumsily leaps after Robert, but with an expert use of momentum and his own repulsive energy, it manages to redirect the jumping creature towards the magma moat, where it falls down. Quickly, a pillar of magma erupts from the moat, pushing the dazed creature back into the stone floor. It seems that all its aluminum coating has melted away, and that the diamond body underneath is so hot that it could be more easily broken. A trio of magma heads, seemingly rodent in nature, but the size of the head of a small child, poke out of the moat, and stare at everybody with a frown.

Someone doesn't want to be bothered in there.

Go to Challenge Mode.

You get out of the mess, and, ignoring the man attached to you, walk into the stairwell and go up into what you know is Challenge Mode. On top, the stone slides away to offer you an opening to a chamber which is covered in that repulsive energy, preventing you from leaning on the walls.

A set of golden lines appear, and tell you of the possible challenges you may face now:

Name: "Deadshroom"
Code: 0.1.1.1.6.0.2
Class: Biological weapon.
Environment: Standard containment facility floating over negative matter.
Precautions: Subject composed of weak organic matter, but extremely resilient to pain and illness. Can expel necrotic powder seemingly at will. Handlers should make sure to not expose any of its skin before engaging this creature.

Name: "Bob"
Code: 1.3.0.1.3.0.3
Class: Troublesome employee.
Precautions: Personnel secured due to Schizophrenia. Information logs suggest that this subject cut a lab assistant with a katana he forcibly acquired. Victim died from blood loss, which entailed an increase in the subject's soul density. Measures were taken to isolate the subject and put him on vigilance. There is no indication in the security logs about the final destination of the katana. Handlers should come prepared with cut-resisting gear.

Name: "The blob"
Code: 0.3.3.1.0.3.1
Class: Biochemical weapon
Precautions: Subject was originally designed as a garbage disposal method. The strong acid that composes the subject's amorphous body is able to dissolve any material known so far. Upon giving the creature sentience, it was determined that it should be isolated to properly study its potential as a weapon. Tests on live subjects determine that the subject has a never ending "hunger" to dissolve any sentient organism near it. Handlers should come with equipment that can repel the acid, or be quick enough to outmaneuver the creature. Its gooey structure appears to be weak, but the creature has mild regenerative powers.

Rules are simple. You have the next turn, and the other to choose someone to fight. If you do not, you will be dropped against the hard floor and Room from this height. Each of these challenges is worth two souls.

Quote from: endlessblaze
NO ACTION

You feel a sudden chill running down your spine.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Illgeo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: blazing glory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: endlessblaze (click to show/hide)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Another brave soul goes into Challenge Mode
« Reply #2834 on: April 14, 2016, 09:32:39 pm »

Hmmm...I could do an action and risk it...or I could FOCUS POT SOME MORE

LET'S GET HIGH WHOOO

LET'S GET CRY WHAAA
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.