Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 213200 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Slction
« Reply #780 on: January 30, 2014, 11:26:10 pm »

((Secretly, the mods made everyone a jester! Only the person who is lynched day 1 can win!
..Actually, that sounds like an interesting bastard game concept, now that I think of it.))
No it is not. :I
((Oh, come on, a game where everyone wants to die? It's be utter chaos as everyone starts claiming completely ridiculous stories. At least it'd be fun to read afterwards.))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: January 30, 2014, 11:29:04 pm »

I believe you that you believe me, but don't know how to pursue it! ...Wait...

Web/Nerjin: I ask Tiruin out on a date! Does it work?

And I forgot to color the Leafsnail vote.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 30, 2014, 11:35:05 pm »

Leafsnail, I hold nothing against you, and you've made some excellent points, but frankly, I need Cado to live just slightly more than I need you to.
If anything gets fishy, we'll be sure to kill NQT for you.
The Derail Thread

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #783 on: January 30, 2014, 11:42:39 pm »

Why does anyone think there will be roleflips?

PPE:
You are an innocent child type mage.  However, there is something extra special and bad that will happen if you are lynched day one, but I won't tell you what it is, so have fun!
This doesn't actually explain NQT's actions because there's no "if I tell you bad thing will happen" element.  The point I'm making is that NQT's role would have to be ridiculously convoluted for what he's saying to be remotely true.

Also, Leafsnail, if all he had to do was survive the night, why would he claim so much outrageous hoopla?  Ranger easily could have been lynched without him going crazy.
Because NQT is not a very good scum player.  He accidentally overclaimed a bit earlier by saying he's a confirmed townie and know he's frantically making shit up to avoid being lynched.

1. This is a linear scenario that would only happen in certain cases. It would not be a semi-bastard if such conclusions were to be drawn, as the consequences would be too high to validate a general case formed during the first darn day.
2. ...The silliness is paramount to destroying the laws of physics. Basing details on my role-even IF I'm a mage, my powers are restrained by the laws of physics and reality--I had to go to darn medical school then engineering to get this passive/active power. :I
3. Basis lies in NQT's actions - he did that before as town (and with silliness abundant in how in the world this makes sense.
I don't understand any of this.  My point is that NQT's role must be at least as complex as the one I posted, and that the one I posted is already ludicrously complex for a townie.

A. Metaknowledge. Bastard games are not won by directly pulling knowledge from other games, and imputing the notion of 'It could happen here!' as a standing point! They are used as guidelines, but not for concise and clear judgement!
The meta-argument I'm making is appealing to the core, underlying idea of mafia: the informed minority as scum.  NQT's role as he has claimed it obviously isn't town.  I challenge you to find me any other game, bastard or non-bastard, in which a legitimate townie has way more knowledge than anyone else.

To not cause any hilarity in this process, Leafsnail: What are your thoughts on TDS and RangerCado? Why are you poking so focusedly at NQT?
My thoughts are that they are two players in the same position as me and there's no real reason to suspect either of them.  I am focusing on NQT because he is obviously scum, and if he survives today it would be a travesty.

Counterpoint on why NQT behaves that way: It's a quirk(?) of his in living. It would be too far to profess that he's shoving WIFOM due to his action, in how obstinate he said it-and how bold he was being. While I'd not include the emotional aspect; my kind of information also leans on that being an affector to his behavior earlier--lacking motivation.

I do not know how, or why NQT behaves that way nor can I give a rational reason why he's doing so. However I can base on past experiences. NQT: Remember that game wherein you had powers to make two people lovers and such-such? The game where you trickled claims per day in and day out? Could you explain why you 'tout' or better yet, push forward the notion that letting you live, with the promise of information, is a 'good thing' for you?
He is repeatedly contradicting himself and the role he has claimed is clearly scum.  You can't just reason that away with "well NQT does strange things sometimes".

All non-mods: Is that how Tiruin normally plays?  With a large number of posts, often put up one right after the other?
Yeah.

Everyone non-mod OOC: For my own personal development as a mafia player, would this be considered acceptable scumhunting in a non-bastard-mod game?
It's not obviously bad but I wouldn't say it's likely to find scum either.

Every non-mod: does anyone have a firm idea of what their wincon is, because I have no idea.
Yeah, NQT does.  Because he's totally a legitimate townie who also happens to have way more knowledge than the rest of us.

Guys, I believe the Not Evil already has an (implied) wincon. What do Not-Evil people do when a meteor--or a danger presents itself?
All sorts of things, Not Evil is incredibly vague.

I'll explain why it has to wait until tomorrow, tomorrow. You'll understand then.
Bullshit.  Earlier you said that you had fully claimed your role.
And I did. You'll understand tomorrow.
And you obviously can't give any more information before that because you're a Confirmed Townie Day One Anti-Jester Who Has a Post Restriction That Will Also Trigger The Anti-Jester Part

If there's a tracker or ability-cop in the game, they're welcome to confirm that this isn't the case.
(by tomorrow it will be too late, that's why NQT's going all out in preventing his lynch today)

Nonsense. I just don't want to undermine town's chances by giving too much information to Team Evil right now. It'll be safe to do so tomorrow and you'll all understand why a legitimate townie has access to this information.
Have you been listening to a word I've said? If I tell you now it'll be as good as letting the bad thing happen! It has to wait until tomorrow. If I say now, then the forces of Evil will have information they can use in the night that will benefit them but not us.
This is rich, you are admitting that you have more knowledge than the people you are accusing of being in the scumteam.  Almost like, I dunno, you are the actual scum.  Also, it's completely at odds with your previous explanation of why you aren't allowed to say it.
If I explain now, it's quite likely the terrible thing will still happen. If you lynch me now it's likely to happen. Be patient. It's just one more day.

Not even close.
Well yeah your actual role doesn't actually include anything like that at all, does it.

Half right. I'm just a confirmed townie and that's all. I'll explain all on Day 2.
So in other words we can lynch you and nothing bad will happen.  Well, I suppose something bad will happen to you, because you'd lose.

I'll explain in full tomorrow. You don't have to like my methods, but I'm telling you categorically that it's in your interests most of all given your wincon.
So you have specific information on mastahcheese's wincon too?  It's almost like you have tonnes more information than any of the rest of us!

So...thoughts?
Vote for NQT instead because he is scum.  Seriously, try to imagine what his role PM would look like if he's telling the truth.  Try to imagine why an actual townie would have so much more information than anyone else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 30, 2014, 11:44:38 pm »

Leafsnail, I hold nothing against you, and you've made some excellent points, but frankly, I need Cado to live just slightly more than I need you to.
If anything gets fishy, we'll be sure to kill NQT for you.
If you agree with my arguments then lynch NQT today.  By tomorrow it will probably be too late.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 30, 2014, 11:47:21 pm »

"That game where someone actually got out of being lynched by vaguely claiming that something bad would happen if they were lynched on day one"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 31, 2014, 12:04:38 am »

That's not really for us to decide.

@Tiruin do you accept Cado's advances?

webadict: Your fanfiction is silly. :I

Hi, I writed things. I make words go with words and be more words!
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 31, 2014, 12:06:59 am »

Hi Nerjin! I PM'd Meph to place this and this post in the right place! :D

You seem to have silly net advances.

[Meph - Thread has been merged back in]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 12:27:04 am by Mephansteras »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 31, 2014, 12:08:30 am »

I dunno what you mean but hey what do I care? SECRET CLUB!!!

Shhh.... Is secret.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 31, 2014, 12:12:52 am »

"Um... Tiruin-kun? Would you go out with me?"

((Whys this in another thread?))

[Meph - Thread has been merged back in, you guys can disregard these posts now.]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 12:27:59 am by Mephansteras »
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 31, 2014, 12:19:23 am »

...Ok.

Here's what I've thought about, after reading Leafsnail's reply.

We lynch Leafsnail/TDS.
- We get rid of an evil person, see if we get roleflips
- NQT either explains why he prevented his lynch so much, or says "lol, I lied" and we find out that was a bad choice.

We lynch NQT
- We still have 3 evil people, and we'll see if we get roleflips.
- We either find out that we just killed our confirmed townie and caused the apocalypse, or we find out we just stopped the apocalypse, and then go back to what we were doing.

So, risks vs. rewards.
Lynch Evil - risk, NQT is bigger evil, reward, took out confirmed evil, two more to go.
Lynch NQT - risk, NQT is right, and something bad will happen, reward, possibility of NQT having been lying, and we just stopped something horrible.

Overall, it really boils down to if NQT is telling the truth or not.
Whether we get rid of evil or not, we still won't be finished.
But if Leafsnail is right, then NQT could become too large a problem to handle. If he's wrong, who knows what could happen? NQT knows, and he isn't telling us.
So, quite frankly, I'm going to change my vote and join team Evil for this one, and vote NQT.
We can always get rid of team evil next, whatever unspecified bad thing it is that might happen, I doubt it will cause us to have absolutely no chance of winning.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 31, 2014, 12:39:15 am »

Leafsnail
My thoughts are that they are two players in the same position as me and there's no real reason to suspect either of them.  I am focusing on NQT because he is obviously scum, and if he survives today it would be a travesty.
I'll counterpoint this before anything else:

> He's the class president. If he gets lynched and turns up Meteor Summoner (which is all moot against your note on 'Why does anyone think there will be roleflips?'; which I've to round the question back to you as we're all under the notion of information from voting) then what? Innocent Child as meteor summoner is darn silly and goodness, it complicates everything further. Why?
   - The bastardry. His actions, while spotty, are incongruent with that of a true scum player. I've seen his attitude, or daresay, his rant regarding his attitude and mindset. And it clicks, for the arguments he presents.
   - I believe you missed my note?

1. This is a linear scenario that would only happen in certain cases. It would not be a semi-bastard if such conclusions were to be drawn, as the consequences would be too high to validate a general case formed during the first darn day.
2. ...The silliness is paramount to destroying the laws of physics. Basing details on my role-even IF I'm a mage, my powers are restrained by the laws of physics and reality--I had to go to darn medical school then engineering to get this passive/active power. :I
3. Basis lies in NQT's actions - he did that before as town (and with silliness abundant in how in the world this makes sense.
I don't understand any of this.  My point is that NQT's role must be at least as complex as the one I posted, and that the one I posted is already ludicrously complex for a townie.
#1 pertains to the exact scenario we have here. The suspicion on NQT is too unfounded, and very specific, for it to be a generality-assumption. Meaning: I can't believe that NQT is scum given everything that happened recently, and the scenario in question 'NQT is scum' leads to more nothingness than something gleaned (but you get bragging rights, and are justified to stuff this up our impudent faces, ok?). 'This' (#1, first word) pertains to the scenario you've set out. That NQT is scum because he's seemingly the informed majority.

I present a counterpoint. What is Town? What is Scum? Scum wish to live and ruin town, killing them off or outnumbering because that seems like its always the right thing in Mafia. Town wishes to do the good thing and get Mafia out because they know more.

It does not follow-in this context. NQT is only one person, and if such is to be assumed-then the scumteam is either hilariously overpowered (and more like bastard-Bellsounder-esque in the mechanics of this game), or that's a one-man scumteam. TDS is the only other member here who knows of NQT's rise to power-Money! And him and RangerCado both share their "evil"ness -- "they read it wrong", where it = 'all teenagers are evil'.

I'll explain why it has to wait until tomorrow, tomorrow. You'll understand then.
Bullshit.  Earlier you said that you had fully claimed your role.
And I did. You'll understand tomorrow.
And you obviously can't give any more information before that because you're a Confirmed Townie Day One Anti-Jester Who Has a Post Restriction That Will Also Trigger The Anti-Jester Part
...Post restriction?!

If there's a tracker or ability-cop in the game, they're welcome to confirm that this isn't the case.
(by tomorrow it will be too late, that's why NQT's going all out in preventing his lynch today)

Nonsense. I just don't want to undermine town's chances by giving too much information to Team Evil right now. It'll be safe to do so tomorrow and you'll all understand why a legitimate townie has access to this information.
Have you been listening to a word I've said? If I tell you now it'll be as good as letting the bad thing happen! It has to wait until tomorrow. If I say now, then the forces of Evil will have information they can use in the night that will benefit them but not us.
This is rich, you are admitting that you have more knowledge than the people you are accusing of being in the scumteam.  Almost like, I dunno, you are the actual scum.  Also, it's completely at odds with your previous explanation of why you aren't allowed to say it.
If I explain now, it's quite likely the terrible thing will still happen. If you lynch me now it's likely to happen. Be patient. It's just one more day.

Not even close.
Well yeah your actual role doesn't actually include anything like that at all, does it.
Hmm, while I'd say Leafsnail may be under bias due to past role-influence, I'm also curious about this NQT-Why do you keep on forwarding that your existence (non-lynchiness) is crucial to survival of teams? If such is the case, you're an elevated townsman that requires our protection and stuff.

This is contradicted on two matters:
> Town wins as a majority-the offer of 'don't lynch me and info tomorrow' is a bad proposal. Why do you do so? I doubt that this game lacks doctors or whatever who can protect on the matter to alleviate any worry about you being forcefully shutup.
> We are as curious as the seemingly Evil dudes here on your agenda, NQT. While I'm against LS' arguments, we're still in the dust and-yes-it is tempting to believe his side, if he is scum.

PPE x5
>__<
I seriously believe NQT is a prime-part of scum wincon for some reason :/

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 31, 2014, 12:40:10 am »

That's not really for us to decide.

@Tiruin do you accept Cado's advances?
Yes I do BUT NOT NOW, MAKE IT AT DUSK TOMORROW!

Also votecount thx. ^^

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 31, 2014, 12:42:14 am »

webadict: Your fanfiction is silly. :I

Hi, I writed things. I make words go with words and be more words!
TBH, I thought you wrote it but wanted to poke at webadict. :3
You so silly Nerjin. But your comedic value is so original it is funny. ;3
But really, I like your flavor.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 31, 2014, 01:24:29 am »

And for safe measure:

NQT: Move that mandate on RangerCado onto either Leafsnail or yourself before the day ends in a majority-hammervote or a lynch.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 112