Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 172163 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1650 on: May 21, 2019, 02:50:56 am »

Reluctantly went to the shops for some beer (to accompany the cheap bourbon I have already) and, after some directionless deliberation, decided on a six-pack of Singha. Y'know, the Thai beer with a lion on it? As opposed to the other major Thai beer, which if memory serves has a tiger or an elephant or some shit.   

Anyway, the beer tastes nice and all, but the bottles are kinda... too ergonomic. Like, it's smooth and pleasant to drink from, really pleasant, almost to the point of being sensual. Each swig feels like the tenderest of kisses. Help me, I'm sinking into a makeout sesh with Lady Liquor.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: May 21, 2019, 04:20:34 am »

Anyway, the beer tastes nice and all, but the bottles are kinda... too ergonomic. Like, it's smooth and pleasant to drink from, really pleasant, almost to the point of being sensual. Each swig feels like the tenderest of kisses. Help me, I'm sinking into a makeout sesh with Lady Liquor.   

I see no problem in this.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: May 21, 2019, 10:29:09 am »

I could really go for my go-to combination of one nice mead and a couple of weird brews. I just recently dropped $70 or so on homebrewing supplies, however, so I'm not sure my wife'd be into it.

Just a few months and I'll hopefully have two gallons of tastiness.

Decided to say fuck it. Picked up a bottle of Core Crusher from B. Nektar and a six-pack of Revengeful Spirit from Stone Brewing. Both are amazing. The latter is so citrusy and piney and great.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 07:49:05 pm by Mephisto »

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: May 25, 2019, 03:33:25 pm »

So, I guess it's again time for several beers. Maybe this time I'll get properly drunk, though it'll probably end as usual and after 5 beers I'll just go to sleep.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: May 25, 2019, 11:43:23 pm »

Wow, I drank kind of a lot last night. At least I got a free tinnie with my tattoo! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: May 28, 2019, 12:50:16 am »

Hey y'all. It's been a year since I've been online and this seems like an appropriate thread to post in to inaugurate my return, since I've been dipping heavily into a bottle of honey whiskey tonight. Let me unload some nostalgia on all of you.

I joined this forum approximately nine years ago. I was... fourteen, maybe?

Dwarf Fortress had a huge impact on my appreciation of games. My first Minecraft experiences were on a Bay12 server. A guy named Shoruke ran the first game of Dungeons and Dragons I ever played in. I first tried DMing here - I was very bad at it, as I recall. I first started digital painting purely for the sake of running illustrated suggestion adventures, following in the tradition of Elves of Amanereli (congrats, DarkerDark, your excellent storytelling inspired me to spend thousands of dollars and many, many hours on that). I posted many of my (terrible, highly amateur) coding projects on the Creative Projects board. I distinctly remember celebrating the first time I got a web server running by posting here (I didn't even realize it was only local and that nobody else could see it).

In short, this community had a huge impact on my development as a youth. Now I'm twenty-three. I work as a front-end web developer at a startup in LA - which wouldn't have happened without the encouragement from posting my work here. My friends love when I DM games - which wouldn't have happened if all of you hadn't humored my (initially) terrible DMing. I have a whole spectrum of fulfilling hobbies that can all be traced back to this forum.

It's interesting coming back and looking at who's still online, because I recognize more names than I expected. Yoink, Powder Miner, Zansetkuken the Great, HugoLuman, LoudWhispers, itsnotlogical, Wierd, PTTG, NRDL, Haspen, IamanElfCollaborator... the list goes on and on, which is strange, because I'm used to forums being fairly transitory. I suppose it's something of a testament to the Bay12 forum in particular that it has such an established community, decades in the making.

Thanks for everything.

More on-topic, I recently took up homebrewing as a hobby. My first batch of mead was passable, but weak. The next should be much better, much stronger, and taste of strawberries.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: May 28, 2019, 08:13:22 am »

More on-topic, I recently took up homebrewing as a hobby. My first batch of mead was passable, but weak. The next should be much better, much stronger, and taste of strawberries.

Yes! Another one! Mine's not quite ready to drink but I'm hoping it'll be ready this weekend.

I've been a lurking member for 11 years, apparently. Some granularity was lost in the transition to SMF but that's close enough. I've considered ragequitting several times but I keep coming back.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: May 28, 2019, 11:47:53 pm »

Yes! Another one! Mine's not quite ready to drink but I'm hoping it'll be ready this weekend.

How long do you let yours sit for during secondary fermentation? I pretty much dove into my first batch as soon as it was done, but I'm wondering if a few months of sitting in a carboy would help it.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: May 29, 2019, 10:12:14 am »

I'm making a few short meads, so not long. A week or two. Then I plan on bottling, sampling anything left over, and then stowing the bottles somewhere and hoping that "bottle aging" is a thing. These are my first batches so I'm by no means an expert.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: May 29, 2019, 01:41:28 pm »

I'm making a few short meads, so not long. A week or two. Then I plan on bottling, sampling anything left over, and then stowing the bottles somewhere and hoping that "bottle aging" is a thing. These are my first batches so I'm by no means an expert.

I know bottle conditioning is for beer, but that's partly for carbonation (leave the live yeast in the bottle). The taste is also less watery if the beer has been aged, and the bottles don't generally explode unless you add sugar before bottling. I know they age wine, but I don't know what that accomplishes. Wine also has more sugar (and I would assume mead more so), but the ABV should be high enough to keep the yeast from doing much.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: May 29, 2019, 05:40:16 pm »

Interesting. It'd probably be useful for weaker mead, then - my first batch was like really light cider, so making it less watery would have been nice. The current batch should cap out the yeast's alcohol tolerance, though.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1661 on: May 30, 2019, 09:41:38 am »

Thanks for everything.
Whatever this forum was, we were in it together, through magma and hellfire

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: May 30, 2019, 08:58:59 pm »

Spoiler: Thing is did (click to show/hide)

I'm having to review my posts carefully as I type. I don't know what the ABV is but those three small glasses and the carefully-poured dregs from the fermenters are enough to mildly fuck you up.

It's not clear at all but that doesn't really matter. Were I a competing dude, I've heard that clearness only makes up three points out of 50 on the mead-o-meter.

The juniper (left) is good to drink now. The other two need some time and may be meh forever. They needed body as I only put in a few raisins so I added sleepytime and throat coat herbal teas, respectively. Sleepytime will be nice. It tastes a bit hot but the mint slightly mellows it out. Throat coat is nothing but hot and licorice.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 09:05:26 pm by Mephisto »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: June 01, 2019, 07:47:10 pm »

Well, I'm drunk and talking about things I absolutely should not.

Jesus Christ. What the fuck have I done...

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: June 04, 2019, 11:49:56 am »

Drinking wouldn't do you any harm, either.

...hold on.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 141