Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 216112 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2014, 03:52:47 pm »

Automanips are preprogrammed to perform a single *manipulator style* action at a fixed position relative to the automanip. the only input they accept is a "do it" signal. they do not require a roll to activate, do not go haywire, but you can miss with them if you don't aim them properly.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2014, 03:53:04 pm »

Hm. Do they have limited batteries or something like that? Do they rely on nearby people or something? How flexible of settings can the black boxes be set to?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2014, 03:58:30 pm »

limited batteries, and you can make them do anything a non-overloaded manip can do, but only that one thing. it cannot be adjusted. they do not rely on nearby people.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2014, 03:58:45 pm »

Most of your job in there is observation, alright? You need not participate, but I wouldn't mind if you did.
"Understood, ma'am."
Charles observes the proceedings.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2014, 08:33:34 pm »

limited batteries, and you can make them do anything a non-overloaded manip can do, but only that one thing. it cannot be adjusted. they do not rely on nearby people.
I think I know what I want my device to do, but exact specs rely on one question:

How big is it? Would I be making it into a bullet or a mortar shell?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2014, 08:40:57 pm »

I wish to try and make a gauss shotgun.

I think the principles would be pretty easy, and also layered with magnet magic which I as a player don't know about, so I'm keeping it simple.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2014, 08:50:32 pm »

Same game different rules...
enter session with simus and others move slightly away from the group spawn two battle suits facing each other one normally assembled and one shown mechanically exploded
Spoiler: design (click to show/hide)
test system
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:52:14 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2014, 08:54:48 pm »

I think the principles would be pretty easy, and also layered with magnet magic which I as a player don't know about, so I'm keeping it simple.
If I understand gauss, you just need a bunch of steel ball bearings contained in a proper shell.
So you probably need a lot more than that.
Sig

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2014, 08:55:40 pm »

So anyone have any ideas for our Titan?

What armaments do you guys suggest?
Armor? Other Stuff? Pure Cosmetic stuffs?

OPTIONS MAYN! SOOOOO MANY OPTIONS.

Also I want to name it Wykydtron after the completely badass 3IOB song about giant robots that pretty much conquer the universe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfMISL3dqGY
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2014, 09:02:26 pm »

If I understand gauss, you just need a bunch of steel ball bearings contained in a proper shell.
So you probably need a lot more than that.

Maybe if I treated it right, I could just make shotgun ammunition for the standard gauss rifle. Which would be cool.
Then I guess if I also made sabot ammunition, then I'd have a long range equivalent too.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2014, 09:12:36 pm »

There is already shotgun ammo available for the gauss rifle. It's called blackshot.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2014, 09:55:32 pm »

Hey, how big is an automanip? Such information is important for my planned Battlesuit-killer!
You don't need to be piecewise to answer, you know...
Sig

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2014, 10:04:19 pm »

There is already shotgun ammo available for the gauss rifle. It's called blackshot.

And thereby my tinker project is already completed.
Man I'm good at this.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2014, 10:10:15 pm »

Recomendations for titan:

1. Big ass particle cannon

2. More armour then you can poke a stick at

3. Bar
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2014, 10:27:45 pm »

We REALLY need to do some science on Grate.
I mean think about it, if we could give his quantum immortality to OUR TITAN....

*News at 11*
The UWM fleet was spotted running away screaming today when a enemy titan repeatedly came back from utter destruction.
Top Military officials could not be reached for comment, as they were "busy hiding in their bunkers shitting themselves unconscious"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 127