Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 127

Author Topic: TINKER: Miya's Hubris  (Read 216153 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: TINKER: Miya's Hubris
« Reply #1530 on: October 21, 2015, 05:11:46 pm »

ALRIGHT
We need more Exo and Uncon weapons ASAP so I'm giving Tinkerers a lot more free reign. Submit ideas, suggestions, finished submitting, anything. Straight up token payments to accepted ideas and royalties from purchases.

Ahaha oh my this is gonna go so bad. I love it already.

The world's a funny place when I regret things that haven't happened yet.
It's like a phantom pain but with the wrong causality.

HEY NIK, I assume we can officially suspend the 'need Hep approval' for tinker things now, right?

Ok, so let's do this bit by bit:

1) First, that blaster pistol upgrade, is that ok? I'll do non-deathtube exo/uncon things after this (and try to scrap ideas from the list that seem to have been mentioned before).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2) sharkmist. Could it be used to do any of the following?
-A treatment that fuses them with the body, like what happened to Milno
-An actual body made out of the stuff
-a big box with sharkmist that can take various shapes and forms or functionalities to do things

3) A riot shield made out of forcefield? Or a battlesuit sized one? Or straight up armor suit (maybe made from a lot of small pieces of field?)
4) An armor upgrade made from magic-eating pollen.
5) Those adaptable organic computers. Mix that with god-computer knowledge for fun and horrible effects (aka you say what you want to see done, then the organic computer reprograms itself while using the knowledge of the skylar god computer to make it happen).
6) The termite/glowworm gun. Something based off of that, perhaps allowing us to control the aliens for a change?
7) Remember what the doc did to old Xan, the shapeshifting? That, as a genemod.
8) Heabi sample. Could tie into number 7.
9) cerebrovore: genemod that lets one absorb the knowledge/skills of something by eating it/its brain. Scope of entities that can be affected up to you (can it absorb only human knowledge, anything with a similar brain structure, anything carbon based and intelligent, anything intelligent at all?)
10) that mustard gas that melted things. Would probably go into a gun or grenade of some sort though. Maybe as a chem thrower ammo type?
11) A whip that has one, or several, of the following:
-kinamp on the end
-ability to electrify the cord (with variable intensity)
-make it hollow so a bit of crystalline projector material is in it, after which a little is forced out of the tip when the whip cracks to deposit it and allow for a crystal to grow out
-make it so a little bit of high energy fuel or whatever is pushed out the end upon whipcrack, which then detonates (aka explosive whip)
12) a pope hat that interfaces with the brain of the user and allows wearer to sense all kinds of stuff (sensors are in the hat and feed dierectly to the brain so more and subtle fluctuations can be sensed). Could use sensors from earlier sensor package.
13) retractable forcefield claws
14) you know the 3D maneuvring gear from attack on Titan? That, but better (and allows user to pull things  or people toward him, and maybe also can be used offensively like arbiter wires). And maybe the option to run electricity through it, why not.

((Can we only propose stuff that have some sort of in-game reason to exist, aka based on recovered artifacts, or should we just yell whatever we think of and let handwaving explain how we get it?))
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 07:12:33 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: October 21, 2015, 05:51:25 pm »

ALRIGHT
We need more Exo and Uncon weapons ASAP so I'm giving Tinkerers a lot more free reign. Submit ideas, suggestions, finished submitting, anything. Straight up token payments to accepted ideas and royalties from purchases.

Ahaha oh my this is gonna go so bad. I love it already.

4) An armor upgrade made from magic-eating pollen.

Wow what? What did I miss? Is this the gratesplosion "pollen with strange red glow" that the wiki is wonderfully vague about?

I presume people were looking into this thing already, is there a chance we can make use of loads of this stuff to harden space-magic devices against unintended anomalous side effects?

[spoiler=possible tinkering]PODIAL GALVANISER

A nutrient-filled tank connected to a computer, electrifiable wires or conductive microfilaments entering the tank.

The limbs and organs of nonhuman life forms of a relatively normal variety can be placed in the tank, damp end first, and allowed to extend out of it.

The wires can connect to the synapses and nerves of the limb and organs, firing them at varying rates. Various neurochemical dumps can also be placed in the tank.

These electrical impulses or chemical messages can be used to control the movement of the living matter, using it for whatever rending, grappling, slicing, spraying or climbing function it was originally intended for.

It comes with a selection of organs or limbs from the ARM stockpiles, but more interesting ones can be bought or collected in the field.

Now, I would probably have to go back to NJW with this, though that would run against his wish to not get sucked into the Tinker thread, so: might it not be better to have a tighter seal in the machine-limb interface? Stick the bloody end of an arm into an aperture, an iris closes, a seal is made, the arm is held firmly, mechanically, and a bunch of little tubey things attach to the blood vessels, and wires to the nerves.

Fake blood is pumped into each blood vessel until a good flow direction is established, nerves are zapped to wrench the arm around a bit until calibrated, and boom, you have an arm kept useful.

Seems like it could have just as much medical use, with the tech switched around to allow, say, an in-field life-saving device mounted on (or replacing!) the chest to replace pumping and gas-exchange functions of the vital organs, and maybe nutrient-provision too, shouldn't be hard with some special nutrition packs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: October 21, 2015, 06:28:18 pm »

Tyrant's fist
A metal gauntlet that uses telerifle-based tech to allow the user to teleport small distances. Uses bluerad power cells which save on weight by ditching any radiation shielding, instead dropping the cell just before teleportation. This has the downside of irradiating the area the user leaves from. Teleporting into an occupied space may have serious side effects.
Cost ~15 Token. Requires Exo +2.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: October 21, 2015, 11:34:44 pm »

Tyrant's fist
A metal gauntlet that uses telerifle-based tech to allow the user to teleport small distances. Uses bluerad power cells which save on weight by ditching any radiation shielding, instead dropping the cell just before teleportation. This has the downside of irradiating the area the user leaves from. Teleporting into an occupied space may have serious side effects.
Cost ~15 Token. Requires Exo +2.
((Could use it to instead transport small spheres of metal into other objects on purpose. That way you can cause !!FUN!! on purpose! Yay!))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: October 22, 2015, 09:43:56 am »

Lyra's "Blue" floating fireball system
current system problems: initial plasma generation without amp / manip / automanip input.
token cost at last time of evaluation is unfeasibly high for the results provided
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: October 22, 2015, 09:45:33 am »

Grenades that do the same stuff the Grav Shells do.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: October 22, 2015, 10:25:01 am »

1. In mission 7 there was a robot wielding "a 5 foot long cudgel or blade, it's exact shape lost in the boiling white heat pouring off it." We could replicate that, we have all the files.

2. Renen's blade.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: October 22, 2015, 10:40:18 am »

2. Renen's blade.
FYC: Renen's blade was unique (read: Doctor's homebrew tech, probably extremely expensive, like every other upgrade he gave his prototype robot overlords) and default Forcefield Monosword was anyway made to the exact specs of Renen's blade (because, I presumed, Doctor's design would already be optimal in many ways).

I'm not really denying the possibility of recreating Renen's blade for everyone's use, just pointing out some details.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: October 22, 2015, 10:59:32 am »

Could forge a blade from coldspike provided it can hold an edge 
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: October 22, 2015, 01:45:24 pm »

Reposting, just in case.

Generator for standard, but capable of accepting blue radite cells: generator for doing the usual, blue rad if people want to buy it for extra flight time during emergencies or speed boosts.

And how about sharkmist systems that aren't implanted? Like a whip or any other similar tool/weapon made of sharkmist and maybe controlled with a mind impulse interface.

Also, could I get a Will stim as "research incentive" to see what I can glean from the alien power source?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 01:33:32 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: October 23, 2015, 02:32:58 am »

((Given "downtime" on hiveworld I, I can TOTALLY SCRIBBLE PAPERS THAT COUNT AS TINKER))

Throwing ideas to the wall here. Exotic means physics breaking/organic/bodycontrolled/mindfuck right?

I like the idea of unchained sand. I want to be Gaara.

How about hivemind poison? Something like a contact/injected poison that places the victim under one's control much like a queen ant/bee. Maybe something like opposing mind rolls, and roll CHA for complex commands to see what gets through.

I suppose the pimpcane covers this, but what about psionic "bonded" spacemagic arrows like from Guardians of the Galaxy? Or would that also rely on Origin tech?

What about for UnCon, something FTL/scanhit? Or you could give us a Lesser Arbiter's Cudgel.

What about the Elemental infusers? Are those Origin enough to be a problem? Otherwise we could use those in interesting fashions. Like, instead of "infusing" something with fire, we turn a building (or any solid matter in a blast radius) into actual fire. Or ice. Or uranium, or flourine. No reason it has to be a "classical" element, right?

An "alchemist's stone" type of Exo weapon that allows you to rearrange atoms into other atoms, but requires mass to be conserved?

Instability genemenod?
That's literally IVAN.

What about Parasyte-style weapon implants? It's essentially organic crowdwire, mind-controlled.

Exo is hard.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: October 23, 2015, 03:14:04 am »

Portable particle rifles

Tanks,Artillery perhaps small fighter craft for bombing/being an awesome fighter-pilot

That crystal people genemod has my vote 110%

particle weapons for orbital bombardment, because nothing says fuck you like high intensity ionizing radiation and everything being on fire.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: October 23, 2015, 03:25:08 am »

Minaturized, weaponized Oslov Spears. Because nothing says "fuck you" like stab-probing people with something infested with the influence of two eldritch gods.

Electrically-activated shape memory alloy crossbow with pimpcane metal to quickly draw it rather than relying on a person to do so.

The icecream scoop teleportation weapon. You know, the one that teleports a small amount of matter out of a target so that a chunk of it just falls off? It's even more viable now that it's main competitor has become infested with alien death penii.

Landlord weapons. Pseudo-explosives that are basically just expendable pieces of Origin Tech that are designed to attract as much attention to their immediate area as possible so that the Lurker in the Angles ravages the place. Because if it's here, it may as well pay rent. And we only accept payment in the souls of our foes. And civilians. And occasionally our allies and teammates as well.

Pimpcane slings. Basically turret-like masses of pimpcane metal attached to the user which can be loaded with small pieces of debris (or explosives) that they hurl at foes.

Pimpcane body.

EDIT: Elemental infuser "bombs". Elemental infuser cartridges modified to be single-use but infuses a significantly larger area. So instead of blowing up a structure it can instead render it hazardous to foes. Or used to contain thermophages via cold-infusion of the surrounding region.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 12:59:32 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: October 23, 2015, 03:47:40 am »

Pimpcane slings. Basically turret-like masses of pimpcane metal attached to the user which can be loaded with small pieces of debris (or explosives) that they hurl at foes.

So we are back throwing rocks at our enemies... Funny how technological progress works.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #1544 on: October 23, 2015, 08:35:46 am »

Hmmm... Is it possible to make a monoatomic wire?

If so, how about a monoatomic bolas and launcher?

How about a regular bolas for non-lethal purposes?
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 127