Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: X-COM: ENEMY WITHIN: Operation Severed Breath: Who names these missions?  (Read 14240 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: X-COM: ENEMY WITHIN: A PBP LP: ACCEPTING VOLUNTEERS
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2014, 07:30:10 pm »

Darkening Kaos
[Health:6/6][Rifle: Full][Grenade]
Hatman Remuthra
[Health:6/6][Rifle: Full][Grenade]
Dark Paladin
[Health:6/6][Rifle: Almost Full][Grenade]
Irony Owl
[Health:6/6][Rifle: Full][Medikit]

The Hatman can't move all the way up to the door in a single move, so he moves up to the window and peeks through.
He doesn't see any movement, so he readies his rifle.
Kaos runs up to the other side of the door, and when she looks through a nearby window, she sees movement!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They run into cover!
Irony Owl moves up to the truck door.
Paladin moves up to the door, and opens it, she can see the aliens that Kaos spotted, so she opens fire! She misses!

ENEMY TURN:

The alien that's farther back uses its mental shield to protect the one in front, and it opens fire on Paladin, but only succeeds in taking out some scenery!

(Steam is messing up and won't let me upload pictures for some reason, basically, Remuthra, Paladin, and Kaos are all along the wall of the building, looking through windows and whatnot, and the aliens are on the other side of the building. Irony is by the truck, and just out of range of the aliens. When Paladin took that shot, it was only a 25% chance to hit.)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: X-COM: ENEMY WITHIN: Operation Severed Breath: Who names these missions?
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2014, 07:32:29 pm »

Disable your In-Game Overlay and you can take screenshots without Steam problems.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2014, 07:48:23 pm »

Disable your In-Game Overlay and you can take screenshots without Steam problems.
Then I can't take the rapid-fire pictures that I need to capture stuff like bullets and plasma being kindly traded between the two sides.
So no.
The Derail Thread

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2014, 07:59:04 pm »

Then I can't take the rapid-fire pictures that I need to capture stuff like bullets and plasma being kindly traded between the two sides.
So no.
So you want to keep the system that doesn't work because if it did you would be able to take fancier pictures :P?

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2014, 08:23:31 pm »

If I can see an enemy, shoot the bastard, if not go on overwatch without moving.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2014, 10:30:19 pm »

I don't think those aliens have had their morning coffee yet.

Move up and open fire, on the mind melding alien if possible.

If I can't find a good position to do that from, dash to a closer spot the aliens can't attack me from without moving significantly, possibly inside the store. If I can't do that either, just move to cover and overwatch.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2014, 10:48:08 pm »

Imma just put up what I want to be eventually;

I don't remember the numbers, but I want my guy to look like Doomguy from the Doom series (military flat top with blonde/brown hair, sunburnt white skin, and green armor. If you can find a helmet that suits the look better to look like Doomguy, then go right ahead and use that instead. And when it's possible, make me a Mec trooper with the non-flamethrower weapon.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2014, 02:16:49 am »

Move up when the aliens aren't firing.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2014, 06:08:08 am »

Blast 'em!

Altasian

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2014, 02:17:39 am »

I, Altasian, would like to sign up for the fight against xenos! Make "Altasian" my char's nickname. Prefered role: assault!
It's only hubris if I fail!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2014, 09:27:34 pm »

You don't get to choose your class, but training roulette is on, so you may end up with stuff like it anyway. Added you to waitlist.

Also, sorry for not updating, I've been put on a new medication recently and I haven't been capable of a whole lot recently that requires more thought than Rag Doll Kung Fu.
The Derail Thread

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2014, 09:30:22 pm »

You don't get to choose your class, but training roulette is on, so you may end up with stuff like it anyway. Added you to waitlist.

Also, sorry for not updating, I've been put on a new medication recently and I haven't been capable of a whole lot recently that requires more thought than Rag Doll Kung Fu.
Since when does Enemy Unknown require more thought than Rag Doll Kung Fu?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2014, 10:42:20 pm »

Since when does Enemy Unknown require more thought than Rag Doll Kung Fu?
When it became Enemy Within. [/troll]
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kaos opens up the door to the building, she can't get a shot in, so she stays at the ready.
There isn't enough cover in between Owl's location and the building, so she sprints up to a nook in the building wall where the enemy shouldn't be able to get a shot in. As she moves, two more hostiles reveal themselves far out to the west side of the building! They run for cover, they're very far away right now.
Paladin moves up inside the building, and fires on the Mind-Melder, but misses!
The Hatman Blasts 'em! He's sick of this alium buwshiiit, and chucks his grenade at the mind-melding-motha-f*^&a! It explodes in gore, and its buddy drops like a brick!

ALIEN TURN:

After some wait, and alien empowered by psychic ability runs from the place where Owl saw them, and shots and kills Owl!

Spoiler: Soldiers (click to show/hide)

Ok, honestly, with the way Owl was moving, they were actually moving away from the fog of war, those aliens should not have been uncovered by that movement.
And now you've just lost your medic.
The Derail Thread

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Figgers. Though I guess I got off lucky getting one-shot early in my career, as opposed to later when I was pretty sure I was invincible.

Plus, now Hatman doesn't have to listen to me bitch about blowing up alium weapon fragments.

Throw me back on the waitlist just in case. I don't have much faith in the speed of this LP, but I have the utmost confidence in Damage Roulette. :3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10