Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Game Over!)  (Read 87813 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Day 2)
« Reply #300 on: March 02, 2014, 06:23:23 pm »

SBC
Secondly: NQT, Why is Solymr and MOWE least likely to be scum? Other than the vote d1. I'd say Solymr is actively lurking.
I really want to see more activity from both of them.  Soly did have the highest post count D1. But look, there was no real need for them to bus a scum buddy at that stage. It happens sometimes, it just doesn't seem that likely.

NQT: You say that you made Solymr not tie in order to lynch IG, but at the same time, you also were defending IG.

Trying to manipulate words and make them seem like you are the best in all worlds?
Hah, I can see how it might look that way. I genuinely didn't think IG was scum-- I'd have thought he'd behave more sensibly.  At the same time, I really didn't think Solymr was scum as they were the most active player (in post count): a town tell in my book.

All: The TDS NK seems to be several possibilities:
1) Scum NKed, Bad did nothing/inactive
2) Scum inactive, Bad Killed
3) Scum checked, Bad Killed.
Or, perhaps less likely, they both targeted Dark Star.

Seeing how there is a 3rd party killing role, I think that it is quite likely for there to be only two scum. Which means that the second scum can't check someone and NK at the same time. Meaning that both Bad and Scum could be active, and only result in one kill, with both sending in an action at night.
There are two scum left, meaning they can inspect and kill in the same night so 3's out of the question. It's possible that both scum were inactive players, but it seems more likely that it was the Bad that was absent.

Caz
Why do you think this btw?
Soly and MOWE lynched IG, who was scum. Bussing happens, but it doesn't seem likely for a D1 lynch. Right now they're the best candidates for towndom.

Why are you even voting me, Caz? I explained why I was voting for you before and I've explained my new vote on Dark Pal. What's your case against me? So far it looks like just a retaliatory vote.

Reason for one kill could be the Bad/maf hitting the Ugly also.
I think you need to reread the OP. If the Bad targeted the Ugly, the Ugly would be dead. If the Confeds had targeted the Ugly, one of them would be dead.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 02, 2014, 06:27:22 pm »

Deathsword: Once you have your reads, could you tell us if you think that the fact that TDS died over anyone else is relevant and if so, what does it tell us.
A nightkill is usually performed to remove a potentially troublesome adversary or thin the town's numbers by removing someone who can't be traced back to the scum. Or it may have been a third-party nightkill.

Deathsword
You have yet to come through on the promised reads, which is slightly suspicious (though more likely just real life getting in the way).  However, if it was the scum team who was inactive last night, there are three possibilities: MOWE, you, and SBC.  MOWE is clear for lynching IG, so if that is the case we have our scumteam in a bag.
If it was the bad who was inactive, then you, SBC, or MOWE is the bad.  None of you are off the hook for it, but the chance of lynching the serial killer is decent.  This would point to a scumteam of new players, who wouldn't realize that TDS wasn't a big threat yet.  My guess is DP and a lurker, so a one thirds chance of lynching the SK plus a one thirds chance of lynching scum makes a two thirds chance that, under these conditions, your lynching would be beneficial to the town.
It's a weekend, on top of that Carnaval. Anyway, most of my time on the forums was taken by making and discarding cases on various people as I read through the thread.

I got two solid reads right now: Caz and you. My gut leans towards you being town, and I've seen some solid play coming out of you. So either good town or very good scum, but town is more likely. I'd bet Caz is one of the third-parties, merely wanting to find his target while staying out of the sights of town and scum.

Right now I currently suspect two player of being possible scum. An actual case on either of them will appear either later today or early tomorrow, depending on how many times I get distracted.

Extend

Alrighty then, I'll vote for darkpaladin because I'm pretty much sure he isn't town, and because I have my doubts about why would Caz act like that.
Why are you sure he isn't town? Where is the proof? How about some quotes?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 02, 2014, 06:30:10 pm »

Also, still waiting on full reads from SBC, Dark Pal, Tiruin and Deathsword. The day's been extended now so we've got time.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 02, 2014, 06:32:53 pm »

Seeing how there is a 3rd party killing role, I think that it is quite likely for there to be only two scum. Which means that the second scum can't check someone and NK at the same time. Meaning that both Bad and Scum could be active, and only result in one kill, with both sending in an action at night.
There are two scum left, meaning they can inspect and kill in the same night so 3's out of the question. It's possible that both scum were inactive players, but it seems more likely that it was the Bad that was absent.
SBC, read the game start and the OP.  There are three scum.  However, you are on to something there: it is possible that the active scum was the CG, and inspected hoping that his/her scumbuddy would perform the kill.  However, this is pure speculation at this point.
Congratulations, NQT, you are back on the suspicion list.  What you said there was was EXACTLY the opposite of what you said at day start, indicating that you are making this up as you go.  Here's the post in question, clipped for size to the relevant line:
My analysis is thus:
The bad is absent: there was only one nightkill, and it is more likely that a single player is absent than for both remaining scum to be gone.
I think it more likely that it is scum that is absent, given that Darkstar was essentially harmless to scum— he cast no votes and had no strong suspicions.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 02, 2014, 06:35:06 pm »

Soly and MOWE lynched IG, who was scum. Bussing happens, but it doesn't seem likely for a D1 lynch. Right now they're the best candidates for towndom. [/quote]
yea, that makes sense.

Why are you even voting me, Caz? I explained why I was voting for you before and I've explained my new vote on Dark Pal. What's your case against me? So far it looks like just a retaliatory vote.
Not sure. How can the vote be retaliatory?

Reason for one kill could be the Bad/maf hitting the Ugly also.
I think you need to reread the OP. If the Bad targeted the Ugly, the Ugly would be dead. If the Confeds had targeted the Ugly, one of them would be dead.
[/quote]
I thought Ugly was nk immune?

Darkpaladin even wins out ahead of me of being the most useless player here. Would like at least one defensive post from him though. I still think he's 3rd party over scum.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 02, 2014, 06:35:57 pm »

why do my quote blocks never work also. damn conspiracy.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 02, 2014, 06:39:08 pm »

Darkpaladin even wins out ahead of me of being the most useless player here. Would like at least one defensive post from him though. I still think he's 3rd party over scum.
Caz, is something up?  You don't seem to be very engaged at all, apparently less so that usual, and you call yourself the most useless player here... If something is wrong you don't have to tell us, and if something isn't I'm fussing over nothing, but your posts just strike me as being rather self-derogatory in many ways.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 02, 2014, 06:42:18 pm »

Also, still waiting on full reads from SBC, Dark Pal, Tiruin and Deathsword. The day's been extended now so we've got time.
Will post this probably later. Am real sad. Also, naso-pharynx is muchly inflamed. Not doing well enough to do anything important.
Reading up.
Hopefully posting later.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 02, 2014, 07:06:16 pm »

4maskwolf
I don't want to vote NQT because he's been far more useful than the other two. I have good reasons to vote for the other two suspects but I'm not sure who is more suspicious. I'm sure I don't want a no lynch happening, or anyone of those getting away, so I'll vote in case there's a tie.
Can someone please point out to me how this phrase is not worth mentioning? That is a scum tactic, in case everyone forgot.

notquitethere
Cheese

You consider me competent?
Compared to some of the other players, definitely.

As you seem to be paying some attention: [1] do you think Caz's vote on me has merit? [2] What about Tiruin? We all need to be damn sure players who are lynched are lynched on strong cases.

[3] Also why aren't you voting? The vote is the weapon of town. By passively allowing a player you don't think particularly scummy to be lynched you are saying you don't really care about catching scum.
[1] No. Caz is acting rather irrational, if not slightly insane.
[2] Tiruin actually made some points in her argument. I can understand her reasons for making cases on you, regardless on if I agree or disagree. Right now I'm on the fence.
[3] Because I am unsure of who to vote, there are a lot of reasons to vote for one person or the other. At the end of this post, I'll vote for who I believe to be the scummiest, or at least the person most needing of being lynched.

Ok, I've finished reading everything up to this point, so I'll vote DarkPaladin, although like most people have said, I think he may very well be a third party.
I'm also getting the feeling of Caz being third party, but I don't know.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 02, 2014, 07:11:54 pm »

PFP
Quickpost

Everyone voting Caz: Is it her emotions that bring you to vote her or something else?

Because looking at everything there? It ain't ringin' scum to me. But perhaps that's because I get the tinge that it isn't a Mafia context that's causing her playstyle to be as such.
Caz is a she?  Well, I did not realize that, nor was I ever corrected.  My apologies, Caz, if that offended or bothered you.  Your profile doesn't have a gender specified.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 02, 2014, 08:57:29 pm »

Alright reads:

4mask: Seems mostly town, doesn't seem to have any problems. Pretty active, asking questions.
Solymr, MOWE: Town cuz voted scum.
Tiruin: Not quite sure, I don't want to think she's scum, but that may also be biased due to her RL issues.
mastah: Seems to have mostly the same playstyle as BM, but hasn't found a slip yet :P
NQT: His play seems to add up mostly, but I feel like he has contradicted himself several times, in my gut. Leaning scum.
DarkPaladin: Newb, town or 3rd party, not scum.
Caz: Real life issues? Wierd play, makes this a null-read, hopefully things will even out to give me a read. But leaning scum due to null-read
DS:2 posts...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 02, 2014, 09:16:17 pm »

4mask: Seems [1]mostly town, doesn't seem to have any problems. Pretty active, asking questions.
Solymr, MOWE: Town cuz voted scum.
Tiruin: [2]Not quite sure, I don't want to think she's scum, but that may also be biased due to her RL issues.
mastah: Seems to have mostly the same playstyle as BM, but hasn't found a slip yet :P
NQT: His play seems to add up mostly, but I feel like he has contradicted himself several times, in my gut. Leaning scum.
DarkPaladin: Newb, town or 3rd party, [3]not scum.
Caz: Real life issues? Wierd play, makes this a null-read, hopefully things will even out to give me a read. But leaning scum due to null-read
DS: [4]2 posts...
[1] [joke]Is "mostly town" the same as "oblivious vigilante"?[/joke]
[2] I don't really think that we have enough info to make a judgement there.  Do you believe that Tiruin's case against NQT is valid?
[3] Could you expand on this a little more?
[4] Yes.  Deathsword, get in here.  I'd FoS you to get your attention, but I'm already voting for you.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 02, 2014, 09:21:49 pm »

mod, requesting votecount at earliest opportunity.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 02, 2014, 09:25:05 pm »

[4] I've seen two posts of DS after reading the last 5 pages, in which he was replaced in.

Not saying he's not here, saying not enough information.

You vo-vo-voted me?

[3] The way he plays, seems to be a complete noob, and he would've freaked out a lot more with people voting him if he was scum, and not just of dissappeaered. His reactions makes me see a noob, and not a scum.

[2] I believe that Tiruin didn't make a case on NQT other than that NQT should stop voting 'lurkers'. Which I agree with. But there was no case. The case came later. By... uh... Solymr or MOWE? I can't remember.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 02, 2014, 09:26:35 pm »

[4] I've seen two posts of DS after reading the last 5 pages, in which he was replaced in.

Not saying he's not here, saying not enough information.

You vo-vo-voted me?

[3] The way he plays, seems to be a complete noob, and he would've freaked out a lot more with people voting him if he was scum, and not just of dissappeaered. His reactions makes me see a noob, and not a scum.

[2] I believe that Tiruin didn't make a case on NQT other than that NQT should stop voting 'lurkers'. Which I agree with. But there was no case. The case came later. By... uh... Solymr or MOWE? I can't remember.
No, I voted Deathsword.  I was talking to deathsword.  Not you.  Don't worry.  You haven't done anything to focus me on you yet.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33