Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 369270 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread (Everyone needs replacements!)
« Reply #2010 on: April 27, 2017, 04:14:04 am »

[...]There's the old guard, which includes Vector, dakarian, and Tiruin. They were here before it was cool.[...]
I-I'm part of the old guard?
I am so honored u_u Especially since I joined back like...BM 28 or so.

Oh wow I've been here for half a loveable decade! :D
I consider you to be the cutoff.
I'm pretty sure that makes me old guard, then...

Oh my god.

I just checked.

I have 12.15% of all posts in this subforum.

I have 10039 of the 82633 posts.

I am the king of the mafia.

You should have that as your avatar text, ">12% of the Mafia forum posts".
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: April 27, 2017, 06:30:41 am »

How does it feel to know that 1 in 8 posts you read here belong to the greatest person ever?
That you've too much free time on your hands?
... oooooor, that you're all here to read my creative geniuses.

I think I was part of the new blood 2013-14 wave, but my long absence kinda skews it for me.

I fondly recall my first game, where I totally kicked ass and then never lived up to it again. :P
Yep. You're too old to be 4th Gen.

TolyK has been here for awhile too. I guess you would be old guard, wouldn't you?

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: April 27, 2017, 06:33:22 am »

Tiruin
Your first game was replacing in BM29.

I think I've been lurking on and off since early 2009? Based on the games I remember see run I guess late 2009.

I also saw the dummy account I made a while after that but it only ever appeared in a BM and it wasn't very interesting.
I suppose it means I have played here before, though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: April 27, 2017, 08:56:12 am »

Ehh, this avatar is new compared to ye olde wizarde Web. I have a new one, where I abandon the penguin theme, but I haven't finished it yet, and it doesn't look quite right just yet. Maybe I'll just do some modifications on this one instead.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: April 27, 2017, 11:57:13 am »

EPWOP: I think I remember Pandarsenic and I definitely played a game or two with NativeForeigner. I also played a few games with Imp, RangerCado, and makeinu before they left. Oh, and Caz and Toaster and Persus13 (although I've seen Persus around in some more recent games).
I played with all of those back in the day, too, since I didn't join that much after you.  I think I played a game with NativeForeigner but I don't recall ever interacting with pandarsenic.  Also, don't forget nerjin, who seems to have disappeared off of the face of the earth recently.

If we want to discuss more recent disappearances, we can always talk about flabort and origamiscienceguy, who both had their debut games as games I ran (Greatest Battle of Orbfalls and Operation Overlord, respectively).  I also remember Jiokuy who most people here may have forgotten about (again, mostly because his first game was GBOO).

Totally behind here, but I remember my first game subbing in for RPGeek, with you and Imp in it. That was really fun.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: April 27, 2017, 03:58:49 pm »

Hey Web, I know I haven't been around much, but w-wasn't I one of the oldbies too? :<

Plus, no one ever really saw the full extent of the Solifuge vs. Kashykk Child battle in DF Mafia 3. That was an epic gamble... That Meph stopped accidentally.

That was such a roller coaster, and it broke my damn heart when it didn't pan out. But that's what I get for being a big liar!

Honestly, I think I was always into Mafia to play around. I especially loved attempting dumb, unwieldy, time consuming, and Generally-Too-Stupid-For-Someone-To-Honestly-Try-I-Mean-Really-Now-Soli-What-The-Hell kinda gambits, but which would be a lot of fun to pull off successfully. And most of the time, my goofy-ass playstyle just crashed and burned, and I looked like a big dummy? But it worked out a few times. And I still had fun either way? So there's always that.

Even if my actual play in that one totally sucked, I think one of my favorites to play was Toon Mafia VII; the excuse to do those cringy visual novel / dating sim style screenshot posts, and accusing people with bad screenshots of a cat in a maid outfit, was a lot of fun. I loved goofing with folks in GG's Quick Bastard, Redux too; it was a small weird one, but I enjoyed puzzling it out with y'all, including the interactive flavor text, accidental angry zombie werewolf Vector resurrection, and all the quick-topic shenanigans. Oh, and pulling off a kill-free Serial Killer win in Supernatural 4 was pretty fun too! ><;

Oh god damn it, good job Solifuge tricking us into believing you weren't an insane serial killer.

This is the story of my life~!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: April 27, 2017, 05:17:35 pm »

Suddenly a Solifuge.

:D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: April 27, 2017, 06:22:55 pm »

Hey Web, I know I haven't been around much, but w-wasn't I one of the oldbies too? :<

Plus, no one ever really saw the full extent of the Solifuge vs. Kashykk Child battle in DF Mafia 3. That was an epic gamble... That Meph stopped accidentally.

That was such a roller coaster, and it broke my damn heart when it didn't pan out. But that's what I get for being a big liar!

I still favorably recall this one :3 It was an epic thing I kept recalling for the years after.

Honestly, I think I was always into Mafia to play around. I especially loved attempting dumb, unwieldy, time consuming, and Generally-Too-Stupid-For-Someone-To-Honestly-Try-I-Mean-Really-Now-Soli-What-The-Hell kinda gambits, but which would be a lot of fun to pull off successfully. And most of the time, my goofy-ass playstyle just crashed and burned, and I looked like a big dummy? But it worked out a few times. And I still had fun either way? So there's always that.
You were on par with Vector in my eyes .-.; Very skilled ++ being the player I'd love to play with (even if I get my butt kicked x~x because thems good playing)

I miss playing with y'all :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: April 27, 2017, 07:17:40 pm »

Yep! You've been around since forever. Your gambit was one of the greatest things I ever saw, even if it didn't pay off. I don't think I've ever seen anyone else do something as ridiculous.

Haha, yep. That's the best playstyle. It's half of what I do. It typically pays off, too, since no one expects the ridiculousness. I think there have been only a few other gambits that were as big. It's why I make BYORs so ridiculous. I want the game to be played in a controlled, chaotic manner. It should be an excuse to play like a crazy person.

Even if my actual play in that one totally sucked, I think one of my favorites to play was Toon Mafia VII; the excuse to do those cringy visual novel / dating sim style screenshot posts, and accusing people with bad screenshots of a cat in a maid outfit, was a lot of fun. I loved goofing with folks in GG's Quick Bastard, Redux too; it was a small weird one, but I enjoyed puzzling it out with y'all, including the interactive flavor text, accidental angry zombie werewolf Vector resurrection, and all the quick-topic shenanigans. Oh, and pulling off a kill-free Serial Killer win in Supernatural 4 was pretty fun too! ><;

Oh god damn it, good job Solifuge tricking us into believing you weren't an insane serial killer.

This is the story of my life~!
Well, I'll see what I can do about Sprn [Of] Hate to make it just as crazy. I like having fun in games, and I think I've gotten it down enough to not break the game too horribly.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: April 27, 2017, 11:35:51 pm »

I think I was part of the new blood 2013-14 wave, but my long absence kinda skews it for me.

I fondly recall my first game, where I totally kicked ass and then never lived up to it again. :P
This suddenly made me think of mafia in terms of pokemon.
*fails to recall what 3rd gen in pokemon was*

Also I'm really looking forward to the semester of love sequel.
I really enjoyed that one, even if I was completely useless in it.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: April 28, 2017, 07:11:04 am »

Aww yeah, that game was great to design. I basically sat and started typing the most insane garbage I could think of, and eventually it worked. The bad part was that I found a little too late what happens with too little information. The scumteam was so confused that they didn't know what to do, though, in retrospect, I never gave a bonus to Leafsnail for disposing his opponent. I hadn't planned for that, but I could've made a last second modification for playing his character 100% right.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: April 28, 2017, 08:47:29 am »

This suddenly made me think of mafia in terms of pokemon.
*fails to recall what 3rd gen in pokemon was*

Also I'm really looking forward to the semester of love sequel.
I really enjoyed that one, even if I was completely useless in it.
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, you dork.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: April 28, 2017, 10:51:04 pm »

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, you dork.
*facepalms*
That's right. I'm an idiot. Thank you.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: May 10, 2017, 07:44:39 am »

Can anyone replace into a Beginner's Mafia for me? I'm now down four players.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: May 10, 2017, 08:43:46 am »

Can anyone replace into a Beginner's Mafia for me? I'm now down four players.
I see the current BM is progressing as usual.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 193