Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 193

Author Topic: Banter Thread  (Read 369249 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Banter Thread
« Reply #2550 on: February 22, 2021, 09:21:34 am »

Yes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: February 22, 2021, 09:45:14 am »

AH, they both must have the same source. Makes sense.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: February 22, 2021, 07:23:10 pm »

Last call for sign-ups for Supernatural 10. I'll be closing it in around 40 min.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: February 25, 2021, 04:44:02 pm »

Gnosia came out on Vita in 2019 and got a Switch port earlier this year. It's only in Japanese but I definitely want to try when it eventually gets translated...
*One week later*
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1338903062690353156
I swear I'm not psychic. I'll post my thoughts about it once I get my hands on it next year.
More news:
The Nintendo eShop has a release date for Gnosia up. March 4th, 2021.

I definitely want to share my thoughts after trying it.

The Gnosia lie. Pretending to be human, they’ll get in close, trick and deceive, and then eliminate one victim at a time...

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: February 25, 2021, 04:46:00 pm »

Ooh, cryogenic stasis as a reflavoring of the lynch mechanic. I like that.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: February 25, 2021, 04:47:38 pm »

Just stealing more quotes from the eShop page:

"Gnosia is a Sci-Fi Social Deduction RPG in which you will engage in discussion with a variety of unique characters, with the aim of identifying the Gnosia among the group. Players will have to use what information they can gather during the discussions to ascertain whom they think is Gnosia and then vote to put them into cold sleep. As you progress, your abilities will improve - but so will those of the crew."

I want. We need more deduction games like Ace Attorney, Dangan Ronpa, Your Turn To Die, etc...

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: February 25, 2021, 05:11:26 pm »

Just stealing more quotes from the eShop page:

"Gnosia is a Sci-Fi Social Deduction RPG in which you will engage in discussion with a variety of unique characters, with the aim of identifying the Gnosia among the group. Players will have to use what information they can gather during the discussions to ascertain whom they think is Gnosia and then vote to put them into cold sleep. As you progress, your abilities will improve - but so will those of the crew."

I want. We need more deduction games like Ace Attorney, Dangan Ronpa, Your Turn To Die, etc...

Zero Escape is kind a bit similar to a mafia game. It's mostly puzzles and mind fuckery though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: February 25, 2021, 05:44:54 pm »

Zero Escape is kind a bit similar to a mafia game. It's mostly puzzles and mind fuckery though.
Gameplay-wise all the games are pretty fun to solve. Story-wise I don't really like anything past 999.

Overall, I like 999 and VLR although the end of VLR is dumb.

ZTD was so bad and I thought AI: The Somnium Files was pretty mediocre. I feel like Uchikoshi was a one-hit wonder with 999.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: February 25, 2021, 05:53:47 pm »

Yeah I never even finished ZTD, I couldn't get into it at all. I didn't realise the coin flip decisions were literally coin flips... it was full of annoying mechanics like that. No real continuity to it because of the memory gas etc. And the whole thing got weirdly graphic and 'SAW'-like. I mean, there were always bits of that but it got to literally "people are trapped in an oven which is going to turn on unless you do x" just... meh.

I liked VLR more than 999 tbh, 999 had only a couple of plot twists but with VLR I felt as if I'd been playing that game for WEEKS and more storyline just kept opening up.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 05:56:17 pm by Caz »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: February 25, 2021, 05:57:17 pm »

VLR is certainly the longest game, with the most amount of puzzle rooms and endings. I think the gameplay in VLR is stronger than 999 due to the amount of content at least.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: February 25, 2021, 07:28:17 pm »

VLR is 10 times better than 999.
999 is 10 times better than ZTD.

Virtue's Last Reward was such a good game. It had the best characters, the best plot, and the best reveals. 999 was pretty decent, but it just needed the fleshing out that VLR got, and as a start to the series, it was good.

Zero Time Dilemma fell back on nostalgia to make its story work and the new characters that ZTD added were incomplete. It felt like all the good writers they had for VLR left a bunch of notes, and then they hired someone to Cliff Notes them all and they turned the Cliff Notes version of that into the story. It was mediocre overall, and while there were parts that were decent, it felt like it really had no idea what to do with Junpei and Akane. Carlos was a bad character. I can't even remember the names of the people on Q team because the part is spoiler related. Phi would've been the best character still... if...

SPOILERS FOR VIRTUE'S LAST REWARD AND ZERO TIME DILEMMA AND 999. JUST DON'T OPEN THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED ALL THREE AND WANT TO.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, while ZTD was mediocre, because it was so mediocre, it ended up being awful and basically an unplayable mess. Don't play it. If you absolutely truly want to play it, try to get it for $5 or less, because anything more than that is a waste.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: February 25, 2021, 08:00:53 pm »

SPOILERS FOR VIRTUE'S LAST REWARD AND ZERO TIME DILEMMA AND 999. JUST DON'T OPEN THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED ALL THREE AND WANT TO.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: March 02, 2021, 02:17:05 pm »

Looking for a replacement for Juicebox in Supernatural 10 if anyone is interested.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: March 02, 2021, 02:44:19 pm »

I've been kinda following the game if you can't find anyone else <_<

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: March 02, 2021, 03:03:45 pm »

Yeah, I can't do it this time. Not so soon at least. I've got a test tomorrow, and so the past few days have just been me studying.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 193