Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 677811 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate, home of the first and best Pimpstack.
« Reply #2205 on: October 02, 2014, 10:24:45 pm »

Did you conscript FallenAngel IV? If you did, make sure he's in a crossbow squad, because he made a scope for a crossbow and would force his way into being at a range when fighting random goblins and stuff.
I specifically avoided recruiting anyone who was named.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: October 03, 2014, 05:11:55 am »

You can just unassign the barracks the soldiers are all idling at. Then they'll go back to their real jobs.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: October 03, 2014, 08:05:19 am »

You can just unassign the barracks the soldiers are all idling at. Then they'll go back to their real jobs.
Eh.

I'd rather not.  I've got enough stoneworkers, they just have a tendency to derp around instead of work.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: October 03, 2014, 01:10:15 pm »

So i've spilled my metaphorical guts about Steelhold.  It should have been cathartic. So why do I feel wors-

"ACHOO!"

Great. I made my body specifically to be immune to essentially every disease in existence-

"ACHOO!"

but apparently...

"Da cobbon cold iz oberpowehd, nerf plhz."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 02:41:34 pm by fractalman »
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: October 03, 2014, 03:40:40 pm »

It was so easy... so easy to ignore what terrible things I had created, as long as I could justify it to myself that I did it to keep her safe. She was only a child, trapped inside that hell on earth alongside me and her brother, after everyone else was gone. I tried to save them both, but her brother didn't survive the process. She was stronger, and as long as she was alive it was all worth it, no matter the price. I could turn a blind eye to the things I had made and done, pretend that it wasn't motivated solely by the base instincts of revenge and rage, I could even fool myself into thinking that she was unaffected by it all- that she was still the innocent child who would ask for a hug while I was elbow deep in someone's abdomen. But she grew up. It was a slow process. I remember taking notes, but I can't summon the energy to refer to them. She grew up, and she wanted to play the game. That terrible game with only one wager and only one price. She was barely a hundred and forty when she introduced me to her first pawn. Fish, or something. I listened to her words of love, gave them my blessing, wondering how someone could be so easily fooled. I hoped that she would be content to keep working with me, perhaps even take over. Leadership never interested me. She was too determined to forge her own path though, so I said goodbye and sent her north. I have all the letters she sent. The information was irrelevant to me, I had all the materials I needed where I was, but as long as I got them, I knew she was doing well. I don't know how long it's been since the last one... Ten years? Twenty? I have to accept that she's dead and continue with my projects. I could even create a better daughter if I so chose, I mastered that particular endeavour long ago. What point would there be, though? She's dead, and regardless of who killed her, my nephew, that bitch queen or her toy, I can only assume that there's some catspaw on their way for me as well. I'd pray that they arrive quickly if my life's work hadn't already proven that this world has no gods.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: October 03, 2014, 05:00:15 pm »

Asmoth, I need confirmation over on the FA QT that something I wrote is okay with you.

Doctor_Whiteface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: October 03, 2014, 05:53:08 pm »

If there are med-dorfs so far, and the chief is unDorfed, could I get him? Also, could I get a turn at this?

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: October 03, 2014, 06:00:28 pm »

Welcome to the ride that never ends.
Never ends.
First, you start out requesting a medical dwarf.
Then, you find yourself living in the back of a truck in the middle of Hawaii with three beach bums, each of them named Louis, while you're eating your own socks.
Then, you find yourself getting off a Greyhound bus in Nashville, Tennessee.
You will experience the plot.
You will become the plot.
THE PLOT WILL BECOME YOU.
WELCOME TO DEMONGATE, HOME OF PLOT.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: October 03, 2014, 06:18:02 pm »

If there are med-dorfs so far, and the chief is unDorfed, could I get him? Also, could I get a turn at this?
The chief medical dwarf is a dwarf who's been claimed since the fortress started.  However, I do have a surgeon who is unclaimed.  He's also one of the guys who I recruited into the military, but I can unrecruit him if you want.

Doctor_Whiteface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: October 03, 2014, 06:18:47 pm »

The chief medical dwarf is a dwarf who's been claimed since the fortress started.  However, I do have a surgeon who is unclaimed.  He's also one of the guys who I recruited into the military, but I can unrecruit him if you want.
What's the life expectancy of a recruitdorf?

Doctor_Whiteface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: October 03, 2014, 06:22:08 pm »

Welcome to the ride that never ends.
Never ends.
First, you start out requesting a medical dwarf.
Then, you find yourself living in the back of a truck in the middle of Hawaii with three beach bums, each of them named Louis, while you're eating your own socks.
Then, you find yourself getting off a Greyhound bus in Nashville, Tennessee.
You will experience the plot.
You will become the plot.
THE PLOT WILL BECOME YOU.
WELCOME TO DEMONGATE, HOME OF PLOT.
Future first post of Overseer Urist McWhiteface:

"Journal of Urist McWhiteface, 30 Obsidian, 14th year of keeping

I am appointed Overseer by popular vote, effective at tomorrow's dawn. I diagnose lunacy. I soon will diagnose many things, including the illnesses of this fort. Surgery by masons will do to fix, to be certain."

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: October 03, 2014, 06:22:54 pm »

As a melee?  Decently high, since our defenses handle most threats before they reach us.  Just as long as your dwarf doesn't try any Leeroy Jenkins shit, he should be fine.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: October 03, 2014, 06:30:47 pm »

Fun fact: out of a fortress of 182 dwarves, 81 are children and 69 are in the military.  This leaves 32 work-capable dwarves who aren't in military service.  Of course, much of the military isn't actually on duty at any given time, but it's still an interesting statistic.

Doctor_Whiteface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: October 03, 2014, 07:16:47 pm »

As a melee?  Decently high, since our defenses handle most threats before they reach us.  Just as long as your dwarf doesn't try any Leeroy Jenkins shit, he should be fine.
Works for me.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 172