Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 679362 times)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate, home of the first and best Pimpstack.
« Reply #2355 on: November 13, 2014, 04:24:18 pm »

Lichm???
I meant lich also will we doing a sequel after demon gate?

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: November 13, 2014, 04:31:32 pm »

If I die don't worry I won't be coming back from the dead unless needed
too for the plot in some way but probably not.
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: November 13, 2014, 04:38:00 pm »

You have turned down the offer of immorality.  What do you want instead, a cookie?

:P

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: November 13, 2014, 04:51:39 pm »

No I demand something much greater TWO cookies, ONE sock and A cat.
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: November 13, 2014, 08:06:56 pm »

Lichm???
I meant lich also will we doing a sequel after demon gate?
I don't think we'll be doing a direct sequel, though I'd certainly be up for doing another plot based fort in the new version if others are interested. It makes for interesting storytelling. Plus it'd be fun to try to justify why a cousin getting kidnapped by goblins years ago seems to inevitably send dwarves on a spiral to insanity but they can get over their entire family getting brutally murdered as long as they have a nice bedroom.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: November 13, 2014, 08:32:08 pm »

I don't think we'll be doing a direct sequel, though I'd certainly be up for doing another plot based fort in the new version if others are interested. It makes for interesting storytelling. Plus it'd be fun to try to justify why a cousin getting kidnapped by goblins years ago seems to inevitably send dwarves on a spiral to insanity but they can get over their entire family getting brutally murdered as long as they have a nice bedroom.
I'd be up for doing that.
Because of all the plot that has unfolded, if I'm involved, slight drops to the events of Demongate (and maybe Steelhold, but I know Demongate much more than I do Steelhold) miiiiiiight occur.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: November 13, 2014, 09:07:00 pm »

Well if some one story wise causes a mass danger to the fabric of the world, we could use the race I am trying to make which are lawful evil angels. Who come to fix what we did to the world.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: November 13, 2014, 10:55:43 pm »

Well if some one story wise causes a mass danger to the fabric of the world, we could use the race I am trying to make which are lawful evil angels. Who come to fix what we did to the world.

You're a bit late to the "keep all of space and time from breaking down" party.  On another note, depending on how things go, I may write an epilogue where my character turns himself into a chibi Xeelee.

Edit: you could try and coordinate your faction of demons to endeavor to at least quarantine the damage should damage occur. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:04:49 pm by fractalman »
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: November 15, 2014, 01:01:42 pm »

I'll give you all something this afternoon, I promise.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: November 15, 2014, 04:17:43 pm »

It's not actually possible to add new creatures to a world without completely recreating it.

Also, Mask, let me know when we're getting close to the end of your ending so I can see who's available to take the next turn.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: November 15, 2014, 05:19:32 pm »

It's not actually possible to add new creatures to a world without completely recreating it.

Also, Mask, let me know when we're getting close to the end of your ending so I can see who's available to take the next turn.
I don't think our next player has been on-line in a long while; he's either a lurker or he's not interested.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: November 15, 2014, 05:56:12 pm »

If we start a new world after demon gate.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: November 15, 2014, 08:00:48 pm »

I might take another shot, since I have a gaming computer.
Work on the fortress would be faster but slightly less frequent, because reasons.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: November 15, 2014, 11:09:39 pm »

Aaaaaaaaand unexpected guests.

tomorrow morning, by noon my time.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: November 16, 2014, 03:00:22 pm »

The Battle of the Arena, Part Four
Brenzen opened his eyes, then quickly shut them at the blinding light surrounding him.  He squinted, and the light became a little more manageable, until he could make out the things around him.  He sat up, and standing 10 feet away from him was a figure he has only ever seen in ancient tomes.

He quickly moved into a kneeling position, head bowed, "St. Zane"

"Stand, knight," the figure said with a scowl, "we have much to discuss and little time."

Sir Brenzen remained in the same position, "Am I not dead?"

"No, but you will be if you don't listen carefully.  Now stand!"

As Brenzen got to his feet, St. Zane continued, "We do know of your challenge of faith, of your wavering in your belief.  This was triggered by learning the truth of the knighthood's lies, was it not?"  Brenzen remained silent, so Lorius Zane sighed and said, "You are right to doubt."

"We were not the best of dwarves.  Steelhold was a penal colony, where prisoners of the local rulers were sent.  Rhaken was my commander, a former spymaster for the queen before she tried to have him assassinated for knowing too much.  I was one of the few of his contacts who survived the purge and followed him into hiding.  Modi was a angry, sociopathic warrior on arrest for murder.  Emdief had gotten in over his head with a crime syndicate and was implicated in their crimes.  Even Jackal, who was perhaps the most noble of all of us, was not a perfect dwarf: he was chosen to found Steelhold because he constantly questioned authority, and they wanted him out of the way."

"The knighthood as you know it today is built on lies, knight.  But it was not always this way," as he spoke, the air around the dwarves rippled, and Brenzen found himself on a hilltop overlooking the beginnings of a battle.  Dwarves in shimmering steel armor were arrayed in a loose pattern, all bearing the symbol of the Order, "When the Order was first founded, it was founded on a faith in Armok's power and a hatred of the unnatural acts of the False Ones.  We were saints because when forced to take sides, we chose Armok, even to our deaths," the scene shifted until Brenzen saw the other army, a slavering horde of bloodkin, racing forward towards the assembled knights, "they fought against the bloodkin on the old continent, holding the line until the other dwarves had safely escaped.  And they paid a terrible price for it."

The scene shifted once more, revealing the aftermath of the battle.  The few surviving dwarves limped across a field of corpses, mourning their fallen allies, "During the flight, they lost many of their greatest weapons.  Your friend Tarmid has rediscovered the magebanes, wielded by the greatest warriors of the knighthood.  But they had a weapon still more potent, one gifted to them by Armok himself.  You know what this is, knight, even if you refuse to acknowledge it."

Brenzen's eyes widened, and Lorius Zane nodded grimly, "magic.  Divine Thaumateurgy, wrought from devotion to Armok.  Olin was not wrong: magic can be drawn from a large number of sources.  You, too, know this, even if you haven't accepted it: it is why you have let the magic users live, even when you know of their "crimes".

"Now awake, knight, and show the Demon-bitch what a true follower of Armok can do."
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 172