Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282116 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Sirus, on the other hand, is being increasingly rude. I thought you didn't care, dude?
He had a really bad day. He posted about that in the Rage thread.
Had?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

Sirus, on the other hand, is being increasingly rude. I thought you didn't care, dude?
He had a really bad day. He posted about that in the Rage thread.
I don't read the Rage thread, so uwu
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

Excuse me while I refocus the thread here...

Isn't a Troubadour's Physical Training skill a bit much? They're supposed to be healers. Giving them a weapon is fine with me, but Rank C in a specific subcategory? To put this in perspective, that makes them just as good with weapons as any frontliner class.

-Fencers get Rank D with swords, rank C in one subcategory.
-Pegasus Knights get Rank D with lances, rank C in one subcategory.
-Bandits get Rank D in Axes, rank C blah blah blah you get it.
-Archers too.
Troubadours are also the only First Class that can use axes while mounted, and they can use them like Bandits with less STR, but more SKL and SPD. And also they're healers. And also they move farther. And if a horse would get in their way, they can dismount and just be lightweight pirates.

Shouldn't Troubadours just get rank D in one weapon and not be able to specialize? Or get rank D in one subcategory and Rank E in the others because they're a bit busy training with magic to be cavaliers as well?
Also, one of their preferred stats is apparently "Spreed".
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They also don't get any other skill that might help them. That's their skill, getting good ranks in a physical weapon. Add into that the fact that they need both magic and strength... It balances out.

I'm not sure what being able to use axes while mounted has to do with anything? Axes still weigh a ton and so unless they're dedicating points to con, that's going to slow them down a ton.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

@Sho: They're suppose to only have a D in a weapon skill, like every other class that gets two different weapon trees as a first class. It's in the book. It's presented as it is because the chosen weapon proficiency is suppose to be immutable and unable to change.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

@Sho: They're suppose to only have a D in a weapon skill, like every other class that gets two different weapon trees as a first class. It's in the book. It's presented as it is because the chosen weapon proficiency is suppose to be immutable and unable to change.

No no no, the Troubadour actually does get a C in proficiency with staves, as well as a weapon.

Where the Priest has Self-Healing and the Cavalier has Reliable Attack, The Troubadour has Physical Training, which is what gives them a focused second weapon tree. That's not an error, it's a class feature.

I figured that out on my own back when we were finishing up First Classes.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, what Blade said is what I was trying to say. Troubs don't get a skill other than having better weapon ranks. That's their thing, they're good at using a physical weapon.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Ah. What I get for making a comment without looking to verify.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Squeegy, did Toady answer?

Meanwhile we can try to come up with something for wyvern knights. Since nullify is still strong the effective damage reduction isn't really worth and I forgot the idea we were discussing on irc bring something here :v

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile

No, it will likely be later today or tomorrow.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meanwhile we can try to come up with something for wyvern knights. Since nullify is still strong the effective damage reduction isn't really worth and I forgot the idea we were discussing on irc bring something here :v

Opposite of Samurai, for every 10 HP they have, +1 AS/+2 Damage

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Opposite of Samurai, for every 10 HP they have, +1 AS/+2 Damage

No, too powerful. Samurai have a risk that goes along with it, have to work to get there. Wyvern Knights will get the same bonus without the same downsides, whilst being able to fly. Not fair.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Maybe just reeeeally add Pierce from FE8?

%SKL to completely bypass target's DEF. Black Magic has Luna so why Wyvern Knights shouldn't be able to have something similar? :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*shrug* I was just saying what was discussed in chat the other day. Could also be for x above 50% HP, they gain bonuses or something.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Haspen, Pierce was the suggested new passive for wyvern hunters :V
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 300