Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Duke Knight's Momentum is up for revision? Which version of the skill would you prefer?

Current one, unchanged.
+4 AS and +5 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+2 AS and +3 DMG on Player Phase, with additional +2 AS and +2 DMG when moving 4 spaces or more.
+1 AS and +1.5 DMG for each space moved up to 4 spaces.
Current one but AS bonus is converted to DR from the end of the Player Phase until the next one.
I don't know but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 300

Author Topic: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! 10 Years of FEF!  (Read 282163 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! FEF2 HAS FINISHED!
« Reply #3735 on: July 12, 2017, 03:33:25 pm »

stuff

I never said that losing was bad. I said that people like winning. The fact of the matter is, people are going to want to try and do everything that they can to try and win. If we lose, it happens. It sucks because it's not the ideal, but it happens. You say it's better to lose in a character-rich game, I would argue it's better to win in a character rich game. You keep acting like planning and the like is the killer of everything. I argue that plans are the background that can be supported by good character interactions. For instance, over in FH we're in a bit of a less than ideal situation, but we're still working with characters IC since we let Senija kill a boss after letting Harlan steal weapons etc. And then we planned some other things because there isn't a specific IC need to do things. You're acting like making plans ruins creativity when that's just straight up not true.

There's affecting people and there's *affecting* people. Having your actions affect people is fine. Having your actions get other people killed is not ok. And yes, I would get pissed at a GM that made a too hard boss that resulted in my character getting killed. That's not fun. My character getting killed because someone else does something stupid for the sake of IC is not fun. If Adrien had gotten anyone but himself killed, it wouldn't have been fun.

You're stuck in doing things your way and refusing to admit that there's potential for melding of the two. Planning is not the be all end all but it is useful at points. Character interaction is very important. But it needs to be balanced with working to make sure the RP continues in a way that isn't constantly running the risk of everyone dying because that's stressful and not fun.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: The Fire Emblem on Forums Hub! Looking For Beginner Players!
« Reply #3736 on: July 12, 2017, 03:43:10 pm »

Alright I'm gonna stop you Mopsy right now. You have played FEF for a total of 3 months, in one game. Yet you're still trying to teach or rather tell people how to play, people that have been playing for years.

Not only that, you're also not so subtly insulting everyone who doesn't agree with you, which you conveniently forgot to mention in your post after being called out.

Even if you have some valid points that is absolutely no way to go on about arguing them and I've had enough of it in this thread. Unless it's to apologize for calling people imbeciles (after you've missed several 90+% attacks tell me whether you like predictability or not) don't bother to post here again.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: July 15, 2017, 02:37:32 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164869.msg7511462#msg7511462

Beginner Emblem is now open for applications? Totally terrible idea since I'm on vacation away from home

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: July 16, 2017, 08:36:21 pm »

I need help with a mug for the beginner game. I uh dont really have anything specific but that it should be male, have red hair and that is going to be a priest trainee so maybe something like robes? totally underage, between 18 and 14. Its very ambiguous I know. I think I will be ok with almost anything.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: July 17, 2017, 02:48:44 am »

Ay, greetings.  I'm in the same boat as randomgenericusername but with a slightly more specific request.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd like that character as a sprite/mug, but lack much skill in the arts of photo editing.  I know she's Flavia from Fire Emblem Awakening.  There's a few pretty good shots of her face out there so the mug's all settled, how does one go about making/asking to have a sprite made though?
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: July 17, 2017, 03:11:11 am »

Well I'm not a spriter but i can probably point you in the right direction, I am pretty sure that we are supposed to use GBA fire emblem sprites, so you just go over there, find one you like and get someone to transpancy it / add other things to it
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: July 17, 2017, 12:53:53 pm »

I've since re-rolled to add some offensive magick to the party, here's what I came up with for any interested parties.

Mug:
Sprite:
Sprite: 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 01:58:33 pm by Azrayel »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: July 17, 2017, 01:35:22 pm »

guise help I can't find the thing with shurikens, darts and knives someone (I think Furtuka) made

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: July 17, 2017, 07:08:39 pm »

I need help with a mug for the beginner game. I uh dont really have anything specific but that it should be male, have red hair and that is going to be a priest trainee so maybe something like robes? totally underage, between 18 and 14. Its very ambiguous I know. I think I will be ok with almost anything.
Where have our spriters gone D:

Unhappy with leaving his eye blue, but they're complex enough to not really want to mess with them.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: July 17, 2017, 07:33:22 pm »

OH MY GOD ITS JUST WHAT I WAS THINKING THANKS THANKS THANKS
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: July 17, 2017, 11:13:55 pm »

Where have our spriters gone D:
Into hiding.
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: July 17, 2017, 11:16:03 pm »

irc down for anyone else?

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: July 17, 2017, 11:28:29 pm »

Just logged on to check and it doesn't seem down.
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: July 18, 2017, 01:02:30 am »

Just logged on to check and it doesn't seem down.

The irc.darkmyst.org url redirects me to some page claiming the webhosts have nothing at that location, which it didn't start doing until late today.  Mayhaps it's an issue on my side but I'm getting it from 2 different computers.

edit: found a way around it, seems to be an issue specific to trying to go directly to the link, can just google the site.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 01:18:47 am by Azrayel »

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 300