Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 153

Author Topic: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Get in here and vote on some Murder.  (Read 290290 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 2: Killing Xen.
« Reply #1080 on: May 01, 2014, 11:03:00 pm »

I only watched the anime, but now you made me want to read the manga.
The manga is much better then the anime. The anime is unfortunately pretty low quality, diverges from the story and is artificially lengthened.
This seems to be a common trend with animes.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: May 01, 2014, 11:59:47 pm »

((So, no Toaster yet. I suppose it's up to me to kill Xen and put the Dead back in Dead Man Running. GANTZ sounds awesome, by the way. Will Xen be restrained? Might as well wait for Toaster if Xen isn't restrained, since Mason doesn't have much of a chance if Xen fights back, what with missing a leg and enough fingers to use the revolver until I can get replacements. Which I can only get after killing Xen. Even though they would make it much easier. It's like a catch 22, but only half as bad. It's a Catch 11.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: May 02, 2014, 12:35:23 am »

((If I'm not restrained and it's a fight to the death, prepare for my nonexistent luck stat to kick in.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: May 02, 2014, 12:38:37 am »

And now that I've read a bit of this, this manga *reads* like an RtD. I assume due to its influence, it really feels like one of your RtD's specifically, but it just sort of reads like the sort of story that develops from a good RtD. I can almost see the rolls XD

The influence on this game is obvious, but I can also see the influence on ER in general as well. The Gantz scoring commentary reminds me of a certain green speaking AI I know :P

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: May 02, 2014, 12:42:44 am »

((If I'm not restrained and it's a fight to the death, prepare for my nonexistent luck stat to kick in.))
((If you aren't restrained, Larry can fight you. If you are restrained and I kill you, I want to try to convince Piecewise to change the thread title to Dead Man Running: Mason IS Blue Team.))

EDIT: ((Or Dead Man Running: Red vs. Mason.))
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 12:44:40 am by Beirus »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: May 02, 2014, 01:53:08 am »

((Buy the olympian suit, you know you want it.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: May 02, 2014, 01:56:52 am »

((You know, if PW decides to do the silent auction again, players would probably try and kill each other to be in it, seeing as how profitable this one was. The extra body on the pile kinda skewed the reward amount, but still, thats a lot of points))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: May 02, 2014, 02:10:48 am »

((You know, if PW decides to do the silent auction again, players would probably try and kill each other to be in it, seeing as how profitable this one was. The extra body on the pile kinda skewed the reward amount, but still, thats a lot of points))
((I know what my strategy would be, though, and it wouldn't be to win until the tenth round, see?
1) The skin off my little left toe
2) The nail off my little right toe
3) The bone out of my second left toe
4) The skin from my second left toe
5) The hairs off my right foot
6) The hairs off my left leg
7) The nails from my shackled hand
8) The hairs off my shackled arm
9) The skin off my right big toe
10) EVERYTHING I HAVE REMAINING I'M GOING THROUGH WITHDRAWAL I MISS MY FINGERNAILS

So he won't pull it out again until we've completely forgotten about it.))
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: May 02, 2014, 02:48:18 am »

((I know what my strategy would be, though, and it wouldn't be to win until the tenth round, see?
1) The skin off my little left toe
2) The nail off my little right toe
3) The bone out of my second left toe
4) The skin from my second left toe
5) The hairs off my right foot
6) The hairs off my left leg
7) The nails from my shackled hand
8) The hairs off my shackled arm
9) The skin off my right big toe
10) EVERYTHING I HAVE REMAINING I'M GOING THROUGH WITHDRAWAL I MISS MY FINGERNAILS

So he won't pull it out again until we've completely forgotten about it.))

It would actually be a loss in the 6th round, since PW set it up as 'first to 6, up to 10 rounds'. Even if it went to 10, it's still a loss. If I get to round 10 and all you've bet is worthless pieces, *I* bet something worthless in round 10 and win without losing anything of interest. I don't win many points, but that was your fault for not playing with me, not mine :P

Really, the 'everything' bids are sort of a double edged sword. If it gets matched up against something really valuable, it's an instant win. But if you don't end the game with that bid, you lose. PW didn't say what happens when you run out of things to bid before the last round, but I can't imagine it's good.

It's actually a game that I don't think there's a clear way to 'win'. I mean, there are clear ways to not lose (yours is an excellent one) but I don't think there's any clear strategies for a 'win by knockout'

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: May 02, 2014, 04:07:03 am »

WARNING: Becomes increasingly silly after a while. Once you've reached the mission where they're fighting talking dinosaurs using psychic powers, you've reached the point of no return.

You know, I was going to make ask a question about the 'point of no return' being the point at which I can't stop reading because I have to know how far it will go, or if it is the point where the manga deviates from its current path to become simply bizarre.

I have encountered dinosaurs. I have the sneaking suspicion that they will talk and use psychic powers in the near future.

I now know. My evening is doomed.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: May 02, 2014, 07:24:51 am »

"You have been found unworthy."

Is Xen restrained?  If so, stab him with that knife I slipped out.  If not, shoot him once with the revolver (aim for center mass) then stab him until he is dead.

Spoiler: Larry Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 07:26:36 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: May 02, 2014, 11:10:20 am »

((Buy the olympian suit, you know you want it.))
((I would, but after buying replacement limbs I wouldn't have enough points left. Also, you cannot bid fingernails and such in Silent Auction. Apparently fingers and toes are the smallest biddable pieces.))

Mason Caldwell-Blue Barbarians-39 points

Make sure that revolver was definitely given to Larry before he went of to kill Xen.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 11:25:36 am by Beirus »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: May 02, 2014, 05:38:36 pm »

If I'm not restrained, DODGE BULLET
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1093 on: May 02, 2014, 06:58:07 pm »

And now that I've read a bit of this, this manga *reads* like an RtD. I assume due to its influence, it really feels like one of your RtD's specifically, but it just sort of reads like the sort of story that develops from a good RtD. I can almost see the rolls XD

The influence on this game is obvious, but I can also see the influence on ER in general as well. The Gantz scoring commentary reminds me of a certain green speaking AI I know :P
The forever war, Roadside picnic, Gantz, Biomega/blame! were all influences on ER. They resonated with ideas I already had and helped provide new ones. They're very much my style, and I am very much their style, I suppose you could say. I recommend them all, along with just about anything by Heinlein or Charles Stross. Particularly the collection of stories called "Wireless". 

"You have been found unworthy."

Is Xen restrained?  If so, stab him with that knife I slipped out.  If not, shoot him once with the revolver (aim for center mass) then stab him until he is dead.

Spoiler: Larry Sheet (click to show/hide)

I'm going to be quite busy this weekend, last series of tests and then finals all coming up at once, and while I can usually get away with not studying, Japanese is particularly difficult for my brain to get hold of, so I'll be spending this weekend pounding it into my face. As such, updates to this and ER are gonna be sporadic at best, non-existent at worse. Sorry.

Well, it looks like they've sent Larry to finish the job! the host leads Larry over to where Xen has quite literally been crucified on a T shaped cross, arms and legs bound by metal cuffs.

Now, tell me audience, what kind of weapon should he use?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: May 02, 2014, 07:01:12 pm »

A gun that fires small worms with a very large mouth, encircled by teeth at the front, in order to eat Xan alive.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 153