Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 153

Author Topic: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Get in here and vote on some Murder.  (Read 291428 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: ER: Dead Man Running: Episode 4: Gridbased Murder
« Reply #2025 on: August 05, 2014, 12:22:41 pm »

RED
"IM-PRESSIVE!"

Clench tighter. Watch.

((Also, he didn't take his painkiller for this episode.))
((He did. But I did forget to remove one from his inventory. Thanks for reminding me.))

Destio looked through his shield's "window" and tried to ignore the fact that it felt much hotter right now. The important thing was he was alive and their enemy was hurt.
"Nice shot. Now let's get him."

If Mason's between me and Navarro or otherwise within reach:
If he attacks me, then focus on blocking. Counterattack if possible.
If he attacks Navarro, then focus on shoving him off the beam.

Else if Mason is not within reach:
Approach with shield up. Approach from another beam than Navarro if possible, so that I can flank him.
If I'm the first to arrive, then keep blocking. If I arrive and he has my back turned on me, then try to bash him off the beam.
If Navarro is the first to arrive, then while he is preoccupied, try to ram Mason from behind so that he falls off the beam.

((Great shot Nav. That is a very useful shackle combo. And now I'm even more glad I got that shield.
EDIT: Just realised I accidentally made an innuendo.))

Spoiler: Destio Dravani (click to show/hide)
"Payback time."

Take cover behind Destio's shield.
Shoot Mason again, same combo. Bisect him.
Dodge if I have too, as usual.

Spoiler: Navarro (click to show/hide)

((Damn you and your bookkeeping, making me think I had an advantage to offset Navarro's speed. Also, NAV, when Mason eventually dies can I bug you for that Shackle combo? It might be a more efficient way to open boxes if they are full of bees.))
((Sure. Haha, eventually.

Also, anyone on red team want the combo?))

BLUE
((So where did I end up? Also, Navarro's doing pretty well for someone with so much accumulated damage that should hamper his movement from previous episodes. Also, he didn't take his painkiller for this episode.))

"Hey Larry, how about a hand over here."

I'll just have to knock Navarro off the old-fashioned way.

"Stupid f****** pansy game, this isn't a real kind of challenge" Rage at beams, attempt to climb on top again and walk towards nearest person (enemy or ally) and punch them in the face
"Taaaaaaking care of business..."

Shoot Navarro with the revolver; aim somewhere hilarious like the gut.  Stay low.

Spoiler: Larry Sheet (click to show/hide)

Mason levels his shackle at Navarro and Destio and executes a secret combination of finger wiggles. The shackle changes in an instant and a two foot long metal spike stabs out of it like a pneumatic hammer. The spike crackles with high energy electrical discharge for a second and then shoots back into the shackle, disappearing. Mason grimaces.

"HA!" Navarro yells and fires again. The dull red beam of heat leaps from his weapon and he sweeps it in a wide arc, aiming slightly downward and trying to bisect Mason. Mason legs it, running down the length of one of the metal supports with the beam in hot pursuit. The beam cleaves through most of the bars on the south side of the room and the entire grid groans frighteningly and shifts, tilting to one side. Mason manages to escape his likely death, but the arena is looking rather poorly for it.

In the mean time, Bubba manages to climb back up and punch Larry in the back of the head, because he is being helpful. Larry doesn't get his chance to shoot because he is being punched. Destio keeps his shield up and pointed toward Mason, advancing slowly, but being a lot more careful because of the shifting environment. And Gilbert Clenches his buttocks fit to leave impressions on the steel.

AUDIENCE

Use smartphone to check if they are nice (or decent at least) restaurants near where I live.
There's a few places near you, most of them fusion joints; Indo-mexo-venusian and Austro-martian and the like.

Throw my empty bottle at Navarro.
Start drinking the second bottle.

((You have 12 points. You can use those in your suit, IIRC. :P ))
You huck your bottle down and it sails into the water below the grid, missing Navarro by a good distance.

Throw my empty bottle at Navarro.
Start drinking the second bottle.

((You have 12 points. You can use those in your suit, IIRC. :P ))

((I don't think it works like that, but I'm hopefully wrong. PW, can I use points as suit charges?))
NOPE

(( PW, I'll prep to do bookie next round. Don't really want to adjust anything with bets in the air.
Do we pretty much have carte blanche with this in terms of what bets we offer, beyond 'keep it balanced'?))
Yeah, Do as you like.

Hapah starts whistling a tune.

Take a shot at Navarro.

Execute?  Are you fine with an IOU- or rather, is Hapah good with an IOU?  If so, I'll happily provide you with two DD.

Also, Hapah, will you accept points from contestants to buy bullets?  PW let a person convert a point to DD before, so it would probably be allowed.
I accept points and they can be converted, but IOU's are kinda iffy. Got a little time to figure it out though, this bullet's already spoken for.
You stand up, brace one foot on the railing and take aim down at the people on the grid below. You fire a round down towards Navarro and it hisses past his skull, missing by 8 inches or so. You groan and cycle another round into place.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: August 05, 2014, 12:35:11 pm »

"Ooh! 'ells yeah!"

Watch Mason most carefully.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: August 05, 2014, 12:35:32 pm »

"Dude, what the hell?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2028 on: August 05, 2014, 01:16:34 pm »

AN AIRHORN SOUNDS FROM SOMEWHERE OVERHEAD

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: August 05, 2014, 02:51:10 pm »

look up.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: August 05, 2014, 04:31:43 pm »

"Hey, you with the rifle! I'll give you 2 points if you can kill him. Also, new Blue guy, quit your shit and be useful or I will cut your fun bits off and force feed them to you! Larry, take the shot!"

Oh no, not the airhorn!

Also, give Hapah a point if he takes another shot at Navarro, 2 if he kills him.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 03:54:16 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: August 05, 2014, 04:38:38 pm »

There's a few places near you, most of them fusion joints; Indo-mexo-venusian and Austro-martian and the like.

See if there's one that looks nice, but not excessively expensive. Check whether one can reserve a table online. Send Holly a message asking whether she's available sometime after this episode of DMR.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 04:44:22 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: August 06, 2014, 12:55:53 am »

Bubba looks up at the airhorn, ignoring Mason

Spoiler:  Bubba sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 08:16:46 am by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: August 06, 2014, 07:54:28 am »

"Grrrr...."

Stay low!  If he's not already shot, shoot Navarro with the revolver; aim somewhere hilarious like the gut.  Stay low.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: August 06, 2014, 11:45:37 am »

"Dammit stop making me waste points!"
Stay behind the Destio shield to protect myself from bullets and bottles.
Lazor Mason.
Dodge if dodge.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2035 on: August 06, 2014, 06:09:05 pm »

Shield NAV from audience and enemy team while slowly backing off towards towards the West. Be ready to dodge or prevent any sort of obstacle from hitting me.

((EDIT: Really, really, really thankful for that shield. Oh, and Reply #1 updated.))
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 07:21:47 pm by Parisbre56 »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: August 06, 2014, 07:55:29 pm »

"Hey, you with the rifle! I'll give you 2 points if you can kill him. Also, new Blue guy, quit your shit and be useful or I will cut your fun bits off and force feed them to you! Larry, take the shot!"
One now and one later! I don't work for free!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: August 07, 2014, 04:05:40 am »

One now and one later! I don't work for free!
"Fine."
((Turn edited to pay you if you take the shot, regardless of outcome.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: August 07, 2014, 09:32:35 am »

Fire another shot at Navarro. Try to figure out what the airhorn was all about.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2039 on: August 07, 2014, 01:09:50 pm »

"Ooh! 'ells yeah!"

Watch Mason most carefully.

Oh no, not the airhorn!

Also, give Hapah a point if he takes another shot at Navarro, 2 if he kills him.

Bubba looks up at the airhorn, ignoring Mason

Spoiler:  Bubba sheet (click to show/hide)
"Grrrr...."

Stay low!  If he's not already shot, shoot Navarro with the revolver; aim somewhere hilarious like the gut.  Stay low.

"Dammit stop making me waste points!"
Stay behind the Destio shield to protect myself from bullets and bottles.
Lazor Mason.
Dodge if dodge.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Shield NAV from audience and enemy team while slowly backing off towards towards the West. Be ready to dodge or prevent any sort of obstacle from hitting me.

((EDIT: Really, really, really thankful for that shield. Oh, and Reply #1 updated.))
About a half a second after the airhorn sounds there is a loud, metal clink and the sound of something being pulled taut. And then a small opening appears all along the wall and a thin metal wire zips across the arena at ankle height.

Gilbert tries to hop up from a sitting position but manages only to levitate his butt maybe 2 inches in the air before slamming back down on his tailbone and then losing his balance and toppling over and into the water below. Mason sees the wire coming and leaps straight up as hard as he can. He clears the wire and then lands chest first on the metal beam, arms and legs flailing off on either side. His impressive bellyflop knocks the wind straight out of him, but he remains on the beam. Bubba doesn't even see the wire coming. It sweeps by him like a hot knife through butter and cuts him clean off his feet; quite literally, it severs both of his feet and sends him face down onto the bar.

Larry sees the wire coming and, from an almost laying position on the bar, pushes himself up into the air with both hands and feet and then comes back down after it passes under him, completely uninjured and doing fine. He takes Aim at Navarro, who has also just leap over the wire, and squeezes off his last shot. It goes wide and misses Navarro by more then two feet. Destio sees the wire coming and his feet clear it, but his shield doesn't. He keeps hold of the shield and the impact drags him off the beam and throws him several feet. His shield catches in the corner of one of the grid spaces, supported across the two converging beams, with him below it, hanging on for dear life.

look up.
Yeah, there's definitely an airhorn somewhere up in the rafters.

See if there's one that looks nice, but not excessively expensive. Check whether one can reserve a table online. Send Holly a message asking whether she's available sometime after this episode of DMR.
The Chateau de Senor Ganesh looks pretty good. You reserve a table and send a message to Holly about dinner.

Fire another shot at Navarro. Try to figure out what the airhorn was all about.
(I'm not sure how many more shots you've got.)
You fire again, and this time the shot clips him, raising a little burst of blood from his left arm where it cut a shallow gash. He screams and grabs his arm and then yells something inaudible up at the stands.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 153