Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35

Author Topic: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD  (Read 51152 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2014, 07:04:10 pm »

Turn 5: Where I realize I forgot to put the Section Primary as a travelable location. Someone experiences bad rolls for the ENTIRE turn, people get to experience a dilemma, and generally there is a lot of drama in this session, and some people will get punished for splitting up or being split up on (whether it's their fault or not).

Also involves some revamps of the statuses. Including, for example, getting rid of what's basically fluff with no actual value.

Go to storage room.
"I'll probably see you later. Try not to die, m'kay?"
[9]: You turn around to head to the Storage Room, and just as you exit the doorway you are bumped by Malcolm. He moves right past and you continue onwards.

You enter the Storage Room. There are clear signs that it has been partially searched already--probably by Malcolm.

Also, you hear a desperate, female scream behind you.

Leave, fast and then head to the normal Research Room
((Dude, I already brought this up with another player--don't use "the" for multiple potential choices))

[1!]: As you attempt to make your way to retreat, you trip on a "crystal" clump of Strain U and fall face-first straight into the microbe soup. If you weren't already infected that would be really bad. Regardless, now you're lying on the ground and you can't see!

You regenerate a bit... but that won't save you if you can't get out of here or get some help!

Pick up the combat knife.

Your turning into some kind of blob creature,you go check out what's through,I'll be following.

If he goes through then follow.
You pick up the Combat Knife.

He doesn't go through, he peeks.

Others do come through, though! They don't even stop to chat as they go past.

Suddenly, you hear a moderately noisy alarm go off and notice the door between the Sub-Sections and the Section C Hub closing. If you don't go forward now, you will be trapped back here. But what about those still in this Sub-Section?

Gained Items: Combat Knife.

Run! Run for one of the other research rooms!
[8]: You struggle but eventually stomp your way down the Research Hallway into one of the other Research Rooms.

There is a lot of research stuff here. But you're currently slightly panicky and don't entirely consider them important.

You hear Ashley screaming desperately.

You too

Go onward to section primary
[5]: You bumble straight down the Research Hallway, past Doktorr von Dwarf and Starn Gundar, and straight into the Section Primary.

You are immediately met by another infected, one of the first two infected security guards, only... He seems hostile. He currently has giant limbs with blades out of his back. Also, he has some nasty claws and massively elongated fingers. You believe that that's Strain W.

You notice around the room around 31 living uninfected scientists attempting to run for the Portion B Hub, while there are 8 dying or injured/infected-but-not-standing scientists lying around the room.

There are also 4 security guards in the room. They see you come in immediately, and even if they were half-blind they still would immediately notice your infection. They appear hostile now.

There are 3 other standing infected. They are hostile too, but they seem occupied by the scientists.

See sjm9876's turn for a description of the room. Might as well share the love.

You have the feeling that coming out here was a bad idea. Oh, and the door back to your Sub-Section E is now closing, along with all the other Sub-Sections. You have only this turn to retreat before it closes.

((By 'broken' i assume you mean bladeless.))

Anyway, Section primary
((Some, yes, others, blades broken but not off))

[15]: You also blunder into the Section Primary, [17] but you are not as clearly infected as your wereboar friend before you who is probably going to get shot very soon.

The room you are in is octagonal in shape, with 7 doorways into the various Sub-Sections of A-G, including your E. The room is normally illuminated by a fancy central pillar of glass and LEDs, but it is riddled with bullets and is non-operational, so the room is only illuminated by the other Sub-Sections' Section Exit lights and the two small desk lights near the Exit to Portion B Hub.

The room is mostly clear of objects, with a few exceptions. There are two half-wall/countertops with a smooth black stone top on both sides on the corner of the room leading to the Exit to Portion B Hub. They are separated from the walls by a short distance of roughly 5 feet, and from eachother by double that. They both have two small desk lights and a set of various computers to examine people before they leave.

There are also small, square tables between each doorway into the Subsections, they have very few things on each, mostly magazines, fake plants, vaguely nice ceramics, and so on.

Suddenly, you hear a moderately noisy alarm go off and notice the door between the Sub-Sections and the Section C Hub closing. If you don't go backward now, you will be trapped out here.

For the list of NPCs, see TamerVirus. Sharing the love.

Absorb dead scientist, see if I can get a closer look without whatever's on the other side noticing me.
[15]: You fairly deftly absorb the dead scientist. You now have the mass of 3 people, you are fairly hulking.

You attempt to get a closer look at the other side without going through, but unfortunately some inconsiderate people decided to blunder out into the open so your attempts are in vain.

Feel free to see what you see from the inconsiderate people's posts.

Suddenly, you hear a moderately noisy alarm go off and notice the door between the Sub-Sections and the Section C Hub closing. If you don't go forward now, you will be trapped back here. But what about those still in this Sub-Section?

Look around for a keypad or something to open the door with.
[2]: Even with this atrocious roll, you find a keypad right by the side of the door, with a card slot.

That's all you get from me since you got a 2.

Except, you also hear a desperate female scream behind you.

Quote from: Unknown Flying Creatures
Attack Ashley!
[14] versus [4]: Ashley, unable to see, cannot hold off the flying creatures as they dig into her skin and do a fair bit of damage to you. You are bleeding, even with your eyes closed you know this.

Quote from: Infected Labrats
Attack Ashley!
[17] versus [7]: Ashley is suddenly rained on by the labrats. Claws, teeth, spikes, and blades cut and stab into her. She bleeds even worse now, and is in a lot of pain.

Quote from: Infected Strain F Tentacle
Attack Ashley!
[18] versus [2]: Ashley suddenly feels a severe pain as her leg is stabbed deeply by a spike, probably from Strain F. You scream sharply in pain.

You are now very, very hurt. Looks like your evil twin might not actually get to kill you if this keeps up.

Quote from: Security Guard 1
Attack Infected Janitor!
[10] versus [16]: The first Security Guard fires his SMG at the infected janitor but he misses, only striking a few glancing blows.

Quote from: Security Guard 3
Attack Infected Security Guard 1!
[10] versus [11]: The third Security Guard fires his Heavy Pistol at the first Infected Security Guard in front of Jimbo, but he only hits a hand. It blows a hole inside it, but the hole is already being mended...

Quote from: Security Guard 4
Attack Infected Security Guard 2!
[14] versus [17]: the fourth Security Guard furiously fires her SMG at the second Infected Security Guard, but only a couple hits strike true, like a bullet blowing a hole in his dagger-like tail.

Quote from: Security Guard 5
Attack Jimbo!
[5] versus [2]: The fifth Security Guard lashes out with his Pistol at Jimbo. His shots are fairly shoddy, but Jimbo didn't even begin to react by the time the bullets were on the way. A bullet strikes Jimbo in his left leg, taking a small chunk out of his flesh. He is in a fair bit of pain from this.

Quote from: Infected Janitor
Attack Security Guard 1!
[6] versus [17]: The Infected Janitor charges Security Guard 1, but the attack is clumsy and the Security Guard dives over a table and rolls back onto his feet.

Quote from: Infected Security Guard 1
Attack Jimbo!
[9] versus [10]: The first Infected Security Guard stabs with his back blades at Jimbo. Jimbo, being wounded by the leg, flinches violently but he is stabbed in the ribs, which hurts but doesn't get much further.

Quote from: Infected Security Guard 2
Attack a Scientist!
[13] versus [10]: The second Infected Security Guard charges a scientist and whips his tail at her. It strikes her leg and she falls to the floor. She's alive but probably infected.

Quote from: Infected Scientist 1
Attack a Scientist!
[15] versus [12]: The first Infected Scientist spits acidic, infected goo at a scientist. It strikes him in the left arm, which causes him to stumble and swing off the half-walls before falling onto the floor in pain. He's also probably infected.

Quote from: 5 Partially Infected Scientist
Remain in control!
[2][2][3][10][1]: All 5 of the infected scientists Jimbo saw on his arrival are beginning to stir and mutate. They are definitely hostile now, and I will give a free GM tip: this is a very dangerous number of humanoid enemies that you don't want to be around when all non-infected NPCs are gone.

Quote from: 29 Unwounded Scientists
Run!
[15][3][9][9][6][6][18][12][8][12][19][17][13][4][13][16][10][7][1][19][1][16][9][4][14][5][6][16][4]: 11 Scientists panic and either trip and fall or don't make significant progress to the Portion B Hub, 7 make it to the half-walls, and the rest, 11 of them, enter the hallway and escape.

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: sjm9876-Malcolm (click to show/hide)

Hostiles:
Spoiler: Strain F Tentacle (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Infected Janitor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 5 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 6 (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:00:17 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2014, 09:00:39 pm »

Locate the source of the scream and defend myself.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

blazing glory

« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2014, 09:09:41 pm »

Judging from the gunshots and noise going through probably isn't the best of ideas....

Run towards the source of the scream.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2014, 11:29:11 pm »

"Oh... cock."

Save Ashley!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2014, 11:42:42 pm »

SHIT! SHOULD HAVE NEVER LEFT THE GROUP BEHIND

BACK TO SUBSECTION-E. QUICKLY! USE MY STRENGTH TO SHOVE HOSTILES OUT OF MY WAY IF NEED BE!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2014, 11:51:48 pm »

Oh my, the group is getting back together! And it only took severe maiming of another one of their members to do so. I should put this in my book of GMing tricks.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2014, 03:42:23 am »

Search for the origins of the scream.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2014, 04:05:54 am »

Crawl to the Research Hallway since there only one of those
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2014, 04:55:18 am »

......Crap

Back to Sub-Section E. Keep Jimbo between me and them if at all possible.

My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

blazing glory

« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2014, 05:11:15 am »

((Anyway I think your focusing a bit too much on nameless NPC's,we wouldn't want you to stop the RTD because you start getting exhausted would we?))

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2014, 01:55:26 pm »

You are overestimating how much actual work rolling a bunch of 1d20s is, even if it is a lot.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2014, 02:06:18 am »

I guess darkpaladin109 wasn't interested in doing something worthy of merit.

Turn 6: Where everyone gets together again. Also, a 20/20 in a combat. Very interesting.

Locate the source of the scream and defend myself.
[16]: You run backwards towards the scream with your hands up protecting your face (for lack of anything else to protect yourself with). You nearly float over the microbes as you go to the Contaminated Research Room.

You arrive upon a heavily bleeding Ashley fumbling in the microbe soup, under attack by some weird flying creatures, mutated lab rats, and a nasty looking spiked tentacle.

Suddenly, several others arrive including Elsa who throws Ashley out of the room.

Judging from the gunshots and noise going through probably isn't the best of ideas....

Run towards the source of the scream.
[17]: You sprint towards the Contaminated Research Room and like Felicia you find a rather wounded Ashley in the microbe soup under attack by numerous hostiles. At least, until Elsa throws Ashley out of the room.

"Oh... cock."

Save Ashley!
[20]: You dash down back to the Contaminated Research Room and, in an attempt to save Ashley, you yank her by the shoulders and throw her out with impressive strength for your size.

Unfortunately, doing so required you to move quite a bit into the room yourself.

SHIT! SHOULD HAVE NEVER LEFT THE GROUP BEHIND

BACK TO SUBSECTION-E. QUICKLY! USE MY STRENGTH TO SHOVE HOSTILES OUT OF MY WAY IF NEED BE!
[7]: You turn around and run back to Sub-Section E, blowing past Malcolm, and arriving and getting through just as the door gets uncomfortably close for you. Malcolm suddenly blasts through the door, spins, and falls on the floor, where he trips your hoofs and you fall on your back rather hard.

The door to the Section C Primary is now closed. You will need to find a way around if you want to get back there.

Search for the origins of the scream.
[1!]: You search around the Storage Room for the scream. After a bit, you don't find it. And you're not entirely sure you want to bother anyway, other people are annoying.

Hope you didn't expect anything else besides that from a 1.

Crawl to the Research Hallway since there only one of those
[11]: You would probably have succeeded barely if you hadn't been helped, but Elsa came in and literally threw you out of the room to safety.

So you pick yourself up above the microbes yet again and crawl further down the hall. You're definitely safe now.

......Crap

Back to Sub-Section E. Keep Jimbo between me and them if at all possible.
[4]: You turn around and run back to Sub-Section E, but Jimbo rushes past you. You smack on the side of the closing door, spin, and smack head-first into the floor... hard. You then trip Jimbo as you roll and slide. You do make it to the other side, at the very least.

The door to the Section C Primary is now closed. You will need to find a way around if you want to get back there.

Oh, and you finally regenerate slightly.

Quote from: Unknown Flying Creatures
Attack Elsa!
[7] versus [13]: Elsa dodges as the flying creatures buzz past her, she swats her fist at a couple but does not make any progress.

Quote from: Infected Labrats
Attack Elsa!
[10] versus [17]: Elsa kicks away various labrats in the microbe soup as they come at her. They don't even leave a scratch on her.

Quote from: Infected Strain F Tentacle
Attack Elsa!
[20!] versus [20!]: The spiked tentacle of Strain F suddenly flies directly at Elsa's heart. A hit would probably leave a very serious wound. But Elsa does not cooperate. She bends down, yanks her body to the right, and the tentacle goes over her left shoulder without leaving a scratch. It smashes into the metal wall behind her and while it does not pierce it, it leaves a dent in the wall.

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: sjm9876-Malcolm (click to show/hide)

Hostiles:
Spoiler: Strain F Tentacle (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2014, 02:37:45 am »

Crawl up to a wall and lean on it while I recover
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

blazing glory

« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2014, 02:43:40 am »

Start taking slashes against the horde of creatures.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2014, 03:33:48 am »

Get out the most intact of the scalpel and move to the exit towards subsection F.

My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 35