Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD  (Read 51063 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
« Reply #105 on: June 01, 2014, 04:28:06 am »

Carefully make my way to the contaminated research room where everyone else is
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2014, 04:34:15 am »

"Yes!"

Run away! Get to the Research Room I vacated earlier and examine the instruments at hand. Nab a scalpel if there is one, and maybe a preparation needle.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 04:36:04 am by Harry Baldman »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2014, 09:04:11 am »

Elsa's apparently a badass.

Waitlist.

Spoiler: (Carl) (Anderson) (click to show/hide)

Is it possible to be infected with multiple strains? And would it be more work than it sounds like to more fully describe the mutations of NPC Infected? Also, why are all the other Infected defaulting towards violence?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2014, 09:09:29 am »

Try to get to the others.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2014, 01:03:30 pm »

Tear off my surgical mask and attack one of the flying creatures with my fearsome maw.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2014, 01:25:30 pm »

Is it possible to be infected with multiple strains? And would it be more work than it sounds like to more fully describe the mutations of NPC Infected? Also, why are all the other Infected defaulting towards violence?
No, only one strain because it would make my work exponentially harder for each strain, especially if they start canceling eachother's mutations out.

Yes, it would be more mental work to describe all the mutations of the NPCs. Every mutation requires me to think it up a new thing, and then type it in. I could do it, I just don't see the effort:reward value being positive at the moment. I might change my stance in the future, but this is my stance for now. And regardless, at the present moment in the game, the NPCs shouldn't have many mutations anyway.

Handwaving. Call it the microbes making people insane, the pain making people insane, or whatever. Don't think about it too hard, this RTD is not intended to have a super serious and explainable plot. It's pretty easy already to poke holes everywhere in the plot.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 01:31:00 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2014, 04:28:14 pm »

(Is it possible to switch strains? Sorry if it was answered before.)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2014, 04:59:00 pm »

No, only one strain because it would make my work exponentially harder for each strain, especially if they start canceling eachother's mutations out.
This makes me sad.

Handwaving. Call it the microbes making people insane, the pain making people insane, or whatever. Don't think about it too hard, this RTD is not intended to have a super serious and explainable plot. It's pretty easy already to poke holes everywhere in the plot.
Fair. Although it's curious that the players aren't going (quite as) insane...
If there's a plot to this, that could be a point for it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

blazing glory

« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2014, 05:50:42 pm »

Fair. Although it's curious that the players aren't going (quite as) insane...
If there's a plot to this, that could be a point for it.

We're immune.

At least more immune then everyone else.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2014, 06:24:14 pm »

(Is it possible to switch strains? Sorry if it was answered before.)
That would defeat the purpose of making it random, wouldn't it?

This makes me sad.
If it makes you sad, you can run your own game of this with multiple strains.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 01, 2014, 08:14:43 pm »

I did, more or less.
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2014, 03:36:34 am »

That would defeat the purpose of making it random, wouldn't it?
((The replacing strain would also be random.))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2014, 04:55:59 am »

Even if it was random, the result could be scummed/rerolled until a more favorable strain is picked. Unless, of course, the amount of times it can be rerolled is a set amount, but even then that would still result in "weaker" strains being thrown out for the chance of any other strain.

Regardless, I'm not going to allow rerolls either way and quite frankly this is a stance I will not change on. The entire point of Strains is to deal with what you're stuck with, rather than choosing your poison.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2014, 08:01:12 pm »

Turn 7: Where the players all but utterly defy the law of averages. And I continue to take longer to make turns. Oh well, as I said, turns are when I feel like it and who knows, I might be super motivated again in the future.

Also, next turn is the next mutation! How exciting. You don't get a reward if you know who it is, but you do get a slap if you can't figure it out after examining the strains everyone is infected with.

In addition, yet again someone forgot to make a turn. Blitz, you have failed me.

Crawl up to a wall and lean on it while I recover
[12]: Easy enough, you get up against a wall and lean against it, waiting.

You only regenerate a little bit. You're still quite wounded, and you'd have to wait for a while to heal like this.

Start taking slashes against the horde of creatures.
((Please specify targets when you attack someone, otherwise you leave me free to interpret it as I feel, possibly to your disadvantage))

[11] versus [4]: You slash at the flying creatures, and you hit a couple as they slowly fly out of the way. However, since they are flying creatures and you are slashing, even though you are using a Combat Knife you don't down even one. They're "bleeding" very slightly, but they seem mostly unaffected by your attack.

Get out the most intact of the scalpel and move to the exit towards subsection F.
[18]: You grab a scalpel with half of its blade missing and you move quickly past the melee in the Contaminated Research Room (though not faster than the speeding Jimbo), arriving at the closed door to Sub-Section F.

The door is very closed. There is nothing else here.

Carefully make my way to the contaminated research room where everyone else is
[20!]: You sprint at a staggering speed, moving through the microbe soup as if it wasn't there, arriving in the Contaminated Research Room very quickly.

There is a rather sizable melee battle going on here.

Good thing you regenerate slightly.

"Yes!"

Run away! Get to the Research Room I vacated earlier and examine the instruments at hand. Nab a scalpel if there is one, and maybe a preparation needle.
[19]: You sprint through the microbes, through the growing cluster of bodies at the entrance, and into the room you had just came from looking for scalpels and a needle.

You quickly recall the location of where a scalpel and needle would be, and get both.

Gained Items:
Scalpel.
Needle.

Try to get to the others.
((Incredibly vague action is incredibly vague, your only saving grace for me not having you standing still is the fact that everyone else moved))

[15]: You averagely move over to the Contaminated Research Room. There's a bit of fighting going on, to say the least.

...I honestly don't know if there's anything else to say.

Tear off my surgical mask and attack one of the flying creatures with my fearsome maw.
[11] versus [10]: You tear off your mask and attempt to bite on the flying creatures, but this requires you to get directly in front of you. So you charge in and attempt to bite on them, but they are flying and you are not fast enough, so you don't manage to bite down on even one of them.

Quote from: Unknown Flying Creatures
Attack Doktorr!
[6] versus [7]: Suddenly, the bewildered Doktorr is swarmed by these flying creatures. But he flails just enough that none get close enough to hurt him.

Quote from: Infected Labrats
Attack Starn!
[7] versus [10]: The meleeing Starn suddenly feels the tingling of little feet on his legs, and he finds the labrats about to attack his legs. However, he kicks them off before they can seriously hurt him.

Quote from: Infected Strain F Tentacle
Attack Felicia!
[15] versus [20!]: Once again the tentacle flies through the air, this time at Felicia. Again does it get met with an amazing dodge, as Felicia kicks herself to the side by pushing with her leg against a counter. She barrels over another counter and lands on her legs.

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: sjm9876-Malcolm (click to show/hide)

Hostiles:
Spoiler: Strain F Tentacle (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:

blazing glory

« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2014, 08:07:42 pm »

Trying to kill these things is pointless,make a run for the research hallway.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35