Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35

Author Topic: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD  (Read 50850 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Vanaard Corp Mistakes: A minimalISH mutation-happy RTD
« Reply #375 on: August 05, 2014, 06:45:08 pm »

Turn 24: How glorious, all 8 players with actions! Something I sorely missed.

Also, as to be expected with a hostile NPC with a gun, somebody is finally put in a health state that is very close to death. BUT WHO?! Well, perhaps you should stop reading this and start reading the damn turn!

"Dogpile on the gunner!"

Circle around and move to bowl the gunner over from an unconventional angle, don't run straight at him. If the guy on our team with the gun starts shooting, wait until he's done, only then charge.
[6]: You circle around, line up, and charge... and miss, flying past the gunner and bouncing off a 20 degree angle on the wall and promptly finishing by rolling a bit. Well, it could've been worse.

Oh, and you tingle. You know what that means! Mutation time!

Let's see... oh, well, your arms tingle as they turn into a cyan mass, like your head. They are now utterly useless for punching, and they now can barely extend outwards while supporting their own weight. On the bright side, any sort of crevice that normally would be just a bit too small to put your hand in is now not even remotely a challenge, and bending your arm 4 times is now a possibility!

And finally, you regenerate.

Charge Guard 1,engage in grapple,try to manuver his gun towards scientist 4 while forcing his finger against the trigger from behind.
[18]: You charge the guard and grapple him, forcing his gun towards scientist 4, and you press on his finger...

[19]: You press his finger just in time to strike the fourth scientist several times, causing fairly severe damage to her.

((Normally I would have one roll for most stuff, but this seemed like an especially difficult and especially long action that deserved two. With two successes, I think you deserve it))

Start shooting Guard 1.
[11]: You start shooting at the infected guard. Several shots of yours miss, but eventually you place a hit on his chest and there is most certainly blood spilt.

Bite scientist 1.
[9]: Once again, you attempt to bite scientist 1. Once again, you are not fast enough and obviously he has learned your tricks as he pushes you away.

At least you can regenerate correctly, if nothing else.

Take the pistol and look for a clip
[5]: You take the pistol and look for a clip. You search and search, but you find nothing. You might find it if you look more, but then again you might not.

Gained Items:
Typhoon Eagle Heavy Pistol (empty).

I've got to get out of here. If only I could hear like a bat, knowing where everything is around me by sound alone, maybe then I'd be able to slip past... Oh well, I need to focus on the here and now.
Scamper to the side of the room where there seems to be the least fighting, grabbing my taser and preparing it in case I need to use it, but keeping it hidden inside my pocket so I can keep the element of surprise. Use it on anyone that attacks me, but otherwise just look for a hiding spot from these monsters fighting each other.
((I would like to note that, even if you can give it to me now, telling me what you want from your mutation closer to the mutation time will drastically reduce the chance of me forgetting when it's time))

[1!]: You are paralyzed with fear and fail to even grab your taser, instead staring at the violent combat with utter indecision.

((...Great action and roll errybody, tell your friends about how Lenglon was given a slap as an introduction gift))

Help in eliminating Infected Scientist. Try to give my tail one more chance.
[4]: You attempt to help in eliminating the first infected scientist, but once again your tail misses. Fortunately, you don't slide along the ground as a result.

Charge the security officer and try to knock him to the ground
[19]: You charge the security officer and knock him to the ground, while not knocking Starn. However, this probably puts you in a very dangerous situation!

Quote from: Infected Scientist 1
Cut the predictable lady.
[1!]: Predictable as she may be, she at least isn't rolling 1s.

Quote from: Infected Scientist 4
Argh! How dare you make my friend shoot me! Time for me to channel my inner Felicia on Starn!
[4]: No, she just groans in pain due to being hit by so many shots. Actually, maybe she did channel her inner Felicia, just only the bad parts and none of the good parts.

Also, she channels Felicia's trololol regenerationing.

Quote from: Infected Guard 1
Oh hey, Nick pushed me and gotten in front of my gun. An obvious target. Fire!
[19]: Nick, being right in front of the security guard, sees the guard swing his gun closer to him and the barrel of the gun aim directly at his chest chest and suddenly open fire with a burst of several shots, with all shots hitting and basically ignoring his carapace due to the close range, causing horrific damage to him. He gets the idea that running now is a REALLY good idea.

Spoiler: TamerVirus-Jimbo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lenglon-Erin (click to show/hide)

Hostiles:
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Scientist 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infected Guard 1 (click to show/hide)

Relating to location and the building you are in:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 07:52:00 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

blazing glory

« Reply #376 on: August 05, 2014, 06:49:49 pm »

Start slashing Guard 1's gun hand/arm.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 05, 2014, 06:59:02 pm »

Strangle scientist 1 with tentacles.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Wade Wilson

• Bay Watcher
  • My common sense is Tingling
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 05, 2014, 07:08:35 pm »

Crap. RETREAT!!! Preferably to somewhere with medical supplies, and no angry monsters. If not, just get behind the people not trying to kill me

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 05, 2014, 07:51:03 pm »

Crap. RETREAT!!! Preferably to somewhere with medical supplies, and no angry monsters. If not, just get behind the people not trying to kill me
Can think of somewhere with heavy-duty medical supplies and a good reason for there to be medical supplies there?

Actually, nevermind, that's not something as a GM that I should be asking of a player. I'll have your character roll instead.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 07:57:06 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 06, 2014, 01:29:35 am »

Well, damn. Hit the infected with my baton. Hard.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 06, 2014, 03:01:46 am »

Headstomp the guard!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 06, 2014, 03:05:36 am »

((closer to mutation time? isn't mutation time next turn?))
Get it together! Run away from the monsters and look for someplace to hide! TAZER. OUT. I might need it! Use it if I'm attacked!
EDIT: see conversation below
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 05:15:34 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 06, 2014, 03:13:12 am »

((closer to mutation time? isn't mutation time next turn?))
Get it together! Run away from the monsters and look for someplace to hide! TAZER. OUT. I might need it! Use it if I'm attacked!

"Hey, you there! Come back here and help out! It's not senseless violence, it's pest control!"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 06, 2014, 04:24:19 am »

"What?!?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 06, 2014, 04:48:07 am »

"What?!?"

"Help us out! We're actually sane! And trying to escape!"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 06, 2014, 05:15:02 am »

what? other... but they are...
"Are you monsters or not?!?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 06, 2014, 05:17:19 am »

what? other... but they are...
"Are you monsters or not?!?"

"I dunno! I guess we're strange humans, mostly! Not crazy people like this guard right here and his buddies!"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 06, 2014, 05:40:54 am »

"ah, um... fine! I'll do what I can!"
charge Infected Guard 1 and attempt to taze him into submission.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 01:04:05 am by Lenglon »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 06, 2014, 07:05:18 am »

Go claw scientist 1 in the neck
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35