Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 185

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 775424 times)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #420 on: July 07, 2014, 04:44:12 pm »

There's a .dll for everything.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 07, 2014, 04:46:22 pm »

Ok then, Thanks!
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #422 on: July 07, 2014, 05:16:05 pm »

It's more that, yeah.  By "tile update events", I meant creating new objects that only contain information needed by the renderer.  E.g. a goblin's death might cause two events to be queued: "remove creature from tile" and "add new corpse object to tile".  I guess that requires the render to keep a lot of internal state, though... maybe not a great idea.  I wonder how expensive it would be to just copy all the data-relevant structures, like you said.

Well, things could be done differently but for now it does't work this way, it's pointless to discuss this as it's unlikely to change anytime soon.
Ah, Thank you (maybe that should be linked in the readme?)

There was a link "automatic builds" in the first post, I now renamed it to "development builds" for clearness.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 08, 2014, 11:34:37 am »

As recommended by GavJ, I'd like to suggest that you work on tile swapping features in play. This would work on the lines of having a general tile for trees which can then be swapped for a more descriptive tree tile. We thought it could be useful for braille keyboards and seemingly other applications.

Not sure I understand what exactly you want.

So eh, what's your verdict?

A feature to hit a hotkey and have it switch in game to a different group of overrides.  The suggested use was so that people on a braille keyboard could have, for instance, all creatures be one tile icon, and then hit a key and have them all now represent the individual creature types so that you can hierarchically zoom in so to speak to different levels of detail as needed only.

But it would be useful presumably for all sorts of cool things other than blind player accommodation.

Well, theoretically it's possible of course. Not sure about creatures though, as they're handled differently and overrides don't do anything with creature tiles currently.

If i were to make a suggestion thread asking for the creatures bit to be sorted, what exactly should i ask for?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #424 on: July 08, 2014, 04:27:28 pm »

Huge thanks for your work, Mifki.
Is it just me or is obliterating the minimum of 80 horizontal tiles displayed the only thing left to do for a more or less proper full graphics support?
<3

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 08, 2014, 04:32:22 pm »

You mean like this?

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #426 on: July 08, 2014, 04:52:54 pm »

Yyyyyup.
Basically so that we can use, for example, 24px icons in a 1680px resolution.
<3

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #427 on: July 08, 2014, 05:01:48 pm »

Yesterday I did a quick test and confirmed that TwbT works fine with 0.40.01. Plugin uses some game internals beyond what dfhack provides access to, so I was worried that new release might break something, especially in the nextgen (non-square tiles) branch. But now I can focus on this branch. I hope people are really interested in this feature since some other plugins will need to be updated to include support for non-square tiles, so collaboration with other developers may be required.

In 0.40.01 there are also many new configurable tiles for trees and new tiletypes, it's good twbt allows to utilise now unused tiles (eg. with letters) in graphics tileset for them.

Yyyyyup.
Basically so that we can use, for example, 24px icons in a 1680px resolution.

Well, that's what the "nextgen" branch is for. It's already more or less working as you see on the screenshot, you can try. The only thing there's no way on Windows to dynamically zoom graphics tiles like I already implemented for OS X, so tileset needs to be resized beforehand.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 08, 2014, 05:11:20 pm »

PTW also sweet-ass.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 08, 2014, 05:25:55 pm »

Well, that's what the "nextgen" branch is for. It's already more or less working as you see on the screenshot, you can try. The only thing there's no way on Windows to dynamically zoom graphics tiles like I already implemented for OS X, so tileset needs to be resized beforehand.

Yeah, that's not a mockup. I did that to genuinely give it the beans and see if it broke.

The screen very visibly redrew and readjusted itself whenever I moved the K-cursor, so the epileptic flickering made it absolutely obnoxious to play, but it did work!

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #430 on: July 08, 2014, 05:30:04 pm »

The screen very visibly redrew and readjusted itself whenever I moved the K-cursor, so the epileptic flickering made it absolutely obnoxious to play, but it did work!

Hm, that shouldn't happen. I'll try to resize tileset and test specifically on Windows...

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #431 on: July 08, 2014, 05:53:16 pm »

Oh holy crap, I thought that's a mockup!
Well, off to work I go then!
<3

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #432 on: July 08, 2014, 06:17:12 pm »

Oh holy crap, I thought that's a mockup!
Well, off to work I go then!

And multilevel rendering was implemented after your mockup (at lease we think it was yours) :)

sic8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 08, 2014, 07:53:27 pm »

Mifki, any chance alpha blending will be implemented instead of a solid background colour? Things like trees in this new update could look pretty damn good with it.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #434 on: July 08, 2014, 08:09:09 pm »

Mifki, any chance alpha blending will be implemented instead of a solid background colour? Things like trees in this new update could look pretty damn good with it.

Blend what with what, is this about multilevel rendering?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 185