Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 185

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 775396 times)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #510 on: July 14, 2014, 12:29:31 pm »

Heeey, Mifki. Remember the time when I combined a 9x12 tileset with 32x32 and everything got flickery and annoying while the rest worked pretty admirably? I found another thing that's kinda fucked:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The weirdest thing is that only the descriptions of engravings in the fortress are mooshed to the side like this. Item descriptions, dwarf info and artifact textwalls are all fine. Thoughts?

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 14, 2014, 02:52:43 pm »

I found another thing that's kinda fucked:
Actually, I find it much easier to read on my 15" screen than "normal" version.

Try it fullscreen

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #512 on: July 14, 2014, 05:39:47 pm »

There may be a problem with handling of liquids indeed, I'll check later today.

I get the same effect in the middle of the volcano, with lava on the current level and every level below.

Are you sure? So if you look at this tile, it says "magma flow" and doesn't say "open space"? Sorry to ask, but so far I can't see anything wrong myself so far.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 14, 2014, 07:35:03 pm »

Yep:  https://imgur.com/a/jAwTi

It says both "magma 7/7" and "open space", so I'm not really sure what's going on. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #514 on: July 14, 2014, 08:30:05 pm »

Hm.. Moving down into a volcano first it says "open space" only (that's fine), then it says both "lava 7/7" and "open space" - I don't know, maybe it's just how the game handles it and I need to add special handling in the plugin as well..
Anyone knows the details how liquids work?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 14, 2014, 08:44:30 pm »

As far as I know, "Open Space" just means "there isn't a wall or floor here".

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #516 on: July 14, 2014, 09:09:18 pm »

As far as I know, "Open Space" just means "there isn't a wall or floor here".

This seems to explain things, thanks. I'll fix it soon.

Actually, I found a way to disable original df rendering of lower levels (treetops, liquid on lower level, etc.), so the code will get simpler in the the plugin (now I have to check for several symbols that can represent lower level tiles) and all such problems will be gone anyway, and the performance will be better.

Natti

• Bay Watcher
  • Gremlin lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 15, 2014, 06:05:12 am »

Thanks for the quick fix!
+Amazigh (~Amazigh@poop.poop) Quit (Quit: Life is your butter, I shall be the margarine, beware heart disease.)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 15, 2014, 06:51:01 am »

Rendermax seems to behave very strangely with the changes, something happened between 3.17-3.29

EDIT: Additional testing: 3.24 works correctly, but 3.27 does not. These problems only happen with multilevel rendering enabled in the plugin, if I only play with overrides it works correctly.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 08:32:02 am by fricy »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 15, 2014, 10:43:51 am »

Is there any chance of ramps being fixed? Currently all ramps render as up rams and that is very misleading in some cases (that together with the "magma bug" is why I use multilevel only for screen shots)

It would be best if ramps always rendered as down ramps except for ramps on the current level.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 15, 2014, 11:14:01 am »

and the bluish splotches. I have no idea where those spots come from, there's nothing below except for unrevealed tiles.
maybe unrevealed water?

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #523 on: July 15, 2014, 06:18:51 pm »

Is there any chance of ramps being fixed? Currently all ramps render as up rams and that is very misleading in some cases (that together with the "magma bug" is why I use multilevel only for screen shots)

It would be best if ramps always rendered as down ramps except for ramps on the current level.

Magma bug is fixed.

I think the way I render ramps is better but I'm ready to discuss. My points are:

1. In real world there are no "down ramps" and "up ramps". Without multilevel rendering they just had to be rendered differently so that you can see where they lead. But why to use two symbols for one object with multilevel rendering?

2. More important, even in the game, as we know, there's no such object as "down ramp". Ramps belong to the lower level. There's a designation to remove up ramp, not down ramp (and if I ever make it possible to designate or otherwise select tiles from lower levels this will be important). And also, creature can't stand on a down ramp, once a creature steps onto a down ramp it belongs to the lower level. As a consequence, if I render all ramps as down ramps, creatures on these tiles won't be visible, and when moving they will disappear and appear only when moved to the next tile.

However if you provide a screenshot when my rendering is confusing, I may change my mind, or at least add a command to switch between "all ramps are down" and "all ramps are up".

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 15, 2014, 06:30:36 pm »

I definitely agree that up ramps are more fundamental and should take precedence.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 185