Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 185

Author Topic: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin  (Read 775519 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Text Will Be Text - dfhack plugin
« Reply #735 on: August 31, 2014, 08:34:10 am »

I don't know weather Stonesense overlay is working at all right now, TwT or not.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 31, 2014, 08:39:18 am »

is there a (new) way to zoom in? if i try to zoom in then it just increases the size of the menue-fonts.

Yes, but according to mifki you need twbt-nextgen 4.49, I'm not sure which one is in the Starter Pack. Try this, and upgrade the plugin if necessary.
My temp. solution is to add these lines to dfhack.init:
Code: [Select]
keybinding add Shift-O "twbt tilesize smaller"
keybinding add Shift-P "twbt tilesize bigger"
Feel free to recommend a better keybind, I just added the first keypair that didn't seem taken.
Latest SP has 4.48.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #737 on: August 31, 2014, 08:42:42 am »

Feel free to recommend a better keybind, I just added the first keypair that didn't seem taken.

I wonder why it's not possible to bind anything except "A-Z, or F1-F9, or Enter" (as dfhack says). Arrow keys with some modifiers would be the natural choice for zoom, or numbers maybe.
But on OS X it doesn't matter, as multiscroll plugin adds zoom in/out with Cmd+scroll up/down.

Last time I checked rendermax wasn't working with 40.x. For stonesense there's an opengl compatibility fix, I think it's already in the windows version.

That fix won't help. However the problem is (I believe) only with the stonesense overlay that also doesn't work with 0.40 anyway.

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 31, 2014, 08:49:47 am »

is there a (new) way to zoom in? if i try to zoom in then it just increases the size of the menue-fonts.

Yes, but according to mifki you need twbt-nextgen 4.49, I'm not sure which one is in the Starter Pack. Try this, and upgrade the plugin if necessary.

However note that 4.xx is not compatible with stonesense and rendermax and probably won't be until I find time myself to make patches for them. I mean obviously 4.xx has more features and I'd like more people to use it, but some may be unhappy.
Last time I checked rendermax wasn't working with 40.x. For stonesense there's an opengl compatibility fix, I think it's already in the windows version.
/ninja'd

thanks for the quick answer, how do i update the starter pack to use 4.49? i have downloaded the 4.49 win package from your link and extracted it. in the zip-archive were 3 folder (two for 40.10 called r0 and r1) and a bunch of files. in the folders are mousequere.plug.dll, resume.plug.dll and twbt.plug.dll ... where should i put the files (and which are needed^^). also are there any other steps (editing of files) needed?

EDIT: ok i added your keybindings to dfhack.init but they don't work :/.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 08:56:21 am by Xerberus »

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 31, 2014, 08:51:15 am »

However note that 4.xx is not compatible with stonesense and rendermax and probably won't be until I find time myself to make patches for them. I mean obviously 4.xx has more features and I'd like more people to use it, but some may be unhappy.
/ninja'd

thanks for the quick answer, how do i update the starter pack to use 4.49? i have downloaded the 4.49 win package from your link and extracted it. in the zip-archive were 3 folder (two for 40.10 called r0 and r1) and a bunch of files. in the folders are mousequere.plug.dll, resume.plug.dll and twbt.plug.dll ... where should i put the files (and which are needed^^). also are there any other steps (editing of files) needed?
I *think* you just need to copy those three into \hack\plugins using the 40.10r1 versions, but might be best to wait for an answer from mifki or fricy.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #740 on: August 31, 2014, 08:52:44 am »

/ninja'd

Yep, just take all files from r1 folder and copy into DF\hack\plugins folder.

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 31, 2014, 09:04:40 am »

thanks, worked finally. thank you sir :).

Edit: its also quite convenient being able to increase menue font and graphic tiles seperately.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #742 on: August 31, 2014, 09:07:58 am »

Edit: its also quite convenient being able to increase menue font and graphic tiles seperately.

Just curious, why do you need to zoom menus in and out, and not just choose a size of text font that suits you once?

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 31, 2014, 09:17:04 am »

Just curious, why do you need to zoom menus in and out, and not just choose a size of text font that suit you once?

well in previous versions you zoom-in the graphics and the menue fonts would increase too in size, so i had no real option there in terms of how zoomed in i want my game and how big i want the font, at least not with my limited knowledge of modding (which is none tbh).

it also doesn't annoy me to zoom in / out depending on which font-size i want (now seperately), sometimes smaller text is better (trade menues, etc.) and sometimes bigger ones suit me more for readability.

BlueSteelAU

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 31, 2014, 09:24:56 am »

adding in the extra keybindings fixed tile set resizing , but its still crashing when zooming using mouse wheel using the  4.49(r1 folder)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #745 on: August 31, 2014, 09:29:00 am »

sometimes smaller text is better (trade menues, etc.) and sometimes bigger ones suit me more for readability.

that's what I wanted to know, thanks.

BlueSteelAU

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 31, 2014, 09:35:22 am »

more info on the crashing ,  its crashing in game (not on the main menu screen when you start eg: create world/ play etc) and only when i'm making font too small. (about 8 clicks in the rotation of the mouse wheel) tried it getting bigger and doesn't seem to crash. Hope this helps

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #747 on: August 31, 2014, 09:37:35 am »

more info on the crashing ,  its crashing in game (not on the main menu screen when you start eg: create world/ play etc) and only when i'm making font too small. (about 8 clicks in the rotation of the mouse wheel) tried it getting bigger and doesn't seem to crash. Hope this helps

Thanks, I'll check it soon.

BlueSteelAU

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 31, 2014, 09:44:24 am »

sorry scratch that last. it seems to be anytime i zoom in and or out quickly (same thing is also happing with Shift-O and Shift-P) its sounding like it could even be a timming thing

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #749 on: August 31, 2014, 09:45:58 am »

Man, I have to say that this ability to show fewer than 80 tiles is just insanely awesome.  I have spent the past hour trying to find a way to expand the phoebus16x16 tileset into 32x32 or larger so that I can (when desired) zoom in and just see things more clearly, but unfortunately it is never a perfect extrapolation.  Does anyone know of any 24x24 or 32x32 graphics packs that have been 'perfected'?  I can't imagine a lot of time has been spent on this until now, since it probably wasn't even possible to use, but...

I'm just imagining how much better this game will look when a few things happen.
#1 - Even at 24x24 instead of 16x16.. you have SO much more room for clarity on a tile, that nearly every tile in game presently could be redone for more visual acuity. 
#2 - If possible... I wonder if the buildings could be made better.  Like.. Most buildings use 9 tiles, and I don't know how it is drawn really, but if 9 tiles at 24x24 pixels were used, that's a lot of damn pixels available!  The buildings could look less... crap.  Like.. actual buildings.  Instead of having a 3x3 grid with 4 random icons on them that mean nothing to me, it could be a complete building. 

Am I the only one thinking about this?
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 185