Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1086054 times)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r2
« Reply #2145 on: February 06, 2015, 08:15:25 pm »

Have you tried INORGANIC:BLACK_SAND?

Neither that nor INORGANIC:SAND_BLACK yield any result, nor should they given that the examples given in the writeup on GitHub all use the material name without the preface of INORGANIC; e.g., quoting directly from said writeup:

Examples:

changelayer GRANITE
Convert layer at cursor position into granite.
changelayer SILTY_CLAY force
Convert layer at cursor position into clay even if it's stone.
changelayer MARBLE all_biomes all_layers
Convert all layers of all biomes which are not soil into marble.

So what is the argument for sand?

I just tested it and changelayer SAND_BLACK works so either you didn't actually use that command like you said on the last page or 40.24 doesn't have it working? I don't want to redownload 40.24 to test that, so see if it works.. You will find the soil/ stone types in inorganic_stone_Name.txt

For a reference I clicked on the soil then alt tabbed to dfhack and used that command, maybe you did it differently? By mousing over it? Which may work, I'm already done testing it so...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 08:17:09 pm by LeoCean »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: February 06, 2015, 08:19:05 pm »

Neither, sometimes the layer is just... somewhere else. It's confounding.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: February 07, 2015, 01:14:32 pm »

I'm pretty sure I managed to realign the weaponrack-unassign binary patch.

You make the old changes (8B 8C 24 80 00 00 00 >> 89 C1 90 90 90 90 90) not in 0x4C05C4 and 0x4C06A1, but rather 0x5BF984 and 0x5BFA61. I've tested it and it seems to be working fine, gui/rack-assign isn't losing its settings anymore and nothing else sounds like it's exploding either.

Centigrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: February 08, 2015, 06:01:26 am »

Have you tried INORGANIC:BLACK_SAND?

Neither that nor INORGANIC:SAND_BLACK yield any result, nor should they given that the examples given in the writeup on GitHub all use the material name without the preface of INORGANIC; e.g., quoting directly from said writeup:

Examples:

changelayer GRANITE
Convert layer at cursor position into granite.
changelayer SILTY_CLAY force
Convert layer at cursor position into clay even if it's stone.
changelayer MARBLE all_biomes all_layers
Convert all layers of all biomes which are not soil into marble.

So what is the argument for sand?

I just tested it and changelayer SAND_BLACK works so either you didn't actually use that command like you said on the last page or 40.24 doesn't have it working? I don't want to redownload 40.24 to test that, so see if it works.. You will find the soil/ stone types in inorganic_stone_Name.txt

For a reference I clicked on the soil then alt tabbed to dfhack and used that command, maybe you did it differently? By mousing over it? Which may work, I'm already done testing it so...

Got it to work. It was either an issue with capitalisation or the cursor. Thanks!

Is it possible to paint specific sand tiles with tiletypes? I want to paint sand or clay where there exists stone.

Snergler

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is the same as ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: February 08, 2015, 02:32:56 pm »

So I just installed DFHack 0.40.24-r2, and I keep crashing when I Create New World, Design New World w/ Adv Parameters, or start Object Testing Arena. It Quits cleanly. Both df and dfhack directories are vanilla and for OSX. I'm running OSX 10.9.5, and have installed XQuartz 2.7.7 (xorg-server 1.15.2)
DFHack 0.40.24-r1 runs fine w/ this same setup.
I don't have any idea what is wrong... If anybody is interested here is the stderr.log       ...I don't know if it helps
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 02:45:21 pm by Snergler »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: February 08, 2015, 03:16:32 pm »

So I just installed DFHack 0.40.24-r2, and I keep crashing when I Create New World, Design New World w/ Adv Parameters, or start Object Testing Arena. It Quits cleanly. Both df and dfhack directories are vanilla and for OSX. I'm running OSX 10.9.5, and have installed XQuartz 2.7.7 (xorg-server 1.15.2)
DFHack 0.40.24-r1 runs fine w/ this same setup.
Hmm, could be the add-spatter crash that lethosor mentioned earlier, I'm not sure it's been fixed in the upload. You could try Macnewbie, I used my own build.
EDIT: easier changing the fixed plugin: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/download/0.40.24-r2/add-spatter.plug.dylib
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 03:20:22 pm by fricy »

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: February 08, 2015, 03:21:13 pm »

I think I managed to resuscitate the fix-armory plugin. Substituting the deprecated "StoreItemInCabinet/Chest" jobs for StoreOwnedItem and StoreItemInHospital seem to work, targeting cabinets and chests correctly. Weapon racks and armor stands work as well as they ever did.

The next problem is with the armor stand capacity patch. I'm not confident about reclaiming some other region of CC CC CC CC padding for directions, since the old "empty lots" just aren't there anymore.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: February 08, 2015, 04:04:15 pm »

I think I managed to resuscitate the fix-armory plugin. Substituting the deprecated "StoreItemInCabinet/Chest" jobs for StoreOwnedItem and StoreItemInHospital seem to work, targeting cabinets and chests correctly. Weapon racks and armor stands work as well as they ever did.
Could you make a pull request for this?

The next problem is with the armor stand capacity patch. I'm not confident about reclaiming some other region of CC CC CC CC padding for directions, since the old "empty lots" just aren't there anymore.
If it's possible, it would be nice to implement this as a tweak instead. Binary patches can be difficult to maintain across DF versions (not to mention not portable between platforms). What exactly does that patch do?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: February 08, 2015, 04:22:05 pm »

I'll look up what that means, first. I don't have a github account seeing as how I can't code in any significant manner.

The binpatch is here on Pastebin with all the significant details. Without going into opcodes, I think this is the best description of what it does:

Quote from: ag
basically:

+ int allowed_count = 1; // to mean 2
- if (type(item) == new_type)
+ if (type(item) == new_type && --allowed_count < 0)
    return false;

to allow up to two items of the same type at the same time

It's a bit more involved than just neutering some code like the weaponrack-unassign one.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 04:23:44 pm by scamtank »

Snergler

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is the same as ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: February 08, 2015, 04:34:23 pm »

Hmm, could be the add-spatter crash that lethosor mentioned earlier, I'm not sure it's been fixed in the upload. You could try Macnewbie, I used my own build.
EDIT: easier changing the fixed plugin: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/download/0.40.24-r2/add-spatter.plug.dylib
That fixed it!(the plugin) ...guess I should of read through the thread... Thanx a bunch fricy!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: February 08, 2015, 05:09:11 pm »

I'll look up what that means, first. I don't have a github account seeing as how I can't code in any significant manner.
Does this look right?
Edit: Evidently I forgot to check for new notifications before submitting that.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: February 08, 2015, 05:28:38 pm »

Heh, forgot the CMake switch.

Using the hospital restock job is kinda janky, but CheckChest wouldn't do anything for the flasks and using StoreOwnedItem for box-goods as well was inconsistent. I'm sure there's room to improve.

Oriolous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: February 08, 2015, 06:08:40 pm »

Does the createitem command make dwarf size armors and weapons? I want to try and make a demigod to reach proper heroic status by using adamantine weapons and armor, but since I don't know if dwarves can get createitem things...

Hesperid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: February 09, 2015, 12:39:45 am »

Well any way you create an item, you can simply change its attributes to make it small with the gm-editor.

By setting the created_by_civilization variable to one that has small creatures, the armors seem to become small. I don't really know why :P

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: February 10, 2015, 10:50:12 am »

okay trying to learn what makes the new wait command tick and so far found it's a combination of idle settings on top of making the unit an army personally made to wait in one spot.
so uhh dfhacking a unit into a new army so they can wait would seem like a bigger headache so I decided it's easier to get dfhack to automate conversations or just write a script that would transfer units from one army to another.
also the wait command makes a new army for both the waited troops and the adventurer and pops up at the bottom.

need to figure out what causes an army routes to happen and we might have a common foothold on what makes armies tick.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 360