Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1087476 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #4050 on: April 03, 2016, 10:33:09 pm »

TwbT is not distributed with the alpha.
What extra things in particular? buildingplan? automaterial? You could try running "disable buildingplan" or "disable automaterial" to test and see if either of those fix the issue.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: April 03, 2016, 10:43:52 pm »

What is it about TwbT that makes it so crash-prone that it seems to be the default answer to any crash, anyway?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: April 03, 2016, 11:04:20 pm »

What is it about TwbT that makes it so crash-prone that it seems to be the default answer to any crash, anyway?

Super-duper tricky messing with graphics code - up to outright replacing bits - and a massive amount of data access for multilevel rendering.

But mostly that it's a third-party plugin with much less testing than most DFHack code.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: April 04, 2016, 01:24:28 am »

Is there anything that can change evil rain to normal rain?

tapk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: April 04, 2016, 01:43:00 am »

Are you sure that that's related to DFHack and is not related to TwbT?
Not really. Bug is pure random, so I can't say for sure if it will repeat with TWBT turned off and dfhack turned on.
TwbT is not distributed with the alpha.
What extra things in particular? buildingplan? automaterial? You could try running "disable buildingplan" or "disable automaterial" to test and see if either of those fix the issue.
I'll try to test more.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 01:44:40 am by tapk »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: April 06, 2016, 07:43:43 pm »

Hmmm.

The trick mifki showed me doesn't work now.

Code: [Select]
choices=df.new(df.viewscreen_layer_choose_language_namest) ; choices.subscreen = 3 ;Now it spits out:
Code: [Select]
/home/thefunk/.df/hack/scripts/names.lua:43: Cannot write field viewscreen_layer_choose_language_namest.subscreen: not found.
I can't figure out what got renamed because I didn't fully understand the wizardry mifki pulled off in the first place.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: April 06, 2016, 09:41:57 pm »

I don't know if there's ever been a subscreen field in viewscreen_layer_choose_language_namest. There was one in viewscreen_setupadventurest, but it was replaced.
What is that supposed to do?

Also, df.viewscreen_layer_choose_language_namest:new() is a shorter alternative to df.new(df.viewscreen_layer_choose_language_namest).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: April 06, 2016, 10:12:19 pm »

That's what I was looking for, it was a trick mifki showed me to pull up the actual name selection screen with the full random functions and dictionaries.

Man, that enum+subscreen > compound change has exhausted my dfhackery. I can't figure out how to translate the old stuff.subscreen[3] into the newstuff.language_name or newstuff.adventurer.name or what.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 10:42:24 pm by Max™ »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: April 09, 2016, 01:18:02 pm »

Hey, I am trying to make prepackaged versions of my mod (including DFHack) for all 3 OSes, but am running into a snag: I cannot extract the linux version because it has symbolic links. Any way around this other than telling the user to manually install DFHack themselves?

Sorry if this isn't the most appropriate place for this question, but it's still about DFHack, even if tangentially.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 01:21:51 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: April 09, 2016, 01:35:55 pm »

What entries are symbolic links?

Edit: Oh, looks like just the allegro libraries, which are in the OS X distribution too. Those links *need* to be there, though - what are you using to extract the archives?

I suppose it would be possible to recreate the symlinks in the startup script on Linux and OS X, if it's absolutely necessary.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 01:40:19 pm by lethosor »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: April 09, 2016, 01:49:09 pm »

what are you using to extract the archives?
7zip.

If it's more trouble than its worth to fix (apparently same error happens when trying to extract DF's (not DFHack) OSX version, so probably), I'll just have to add install instructions and hope people have no trouble following them.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: April 09, 2016, 02:21:47 pm »

There are nearly identical symlinks in the Linux and OS X DFHack packages (e.g. liballegro.5.0.dylib -> liballegro.dylib), so you should run into the same issue. I'm guessing the issue in the OS X DFHack package is libs/SDL.framework/SDL -> libs/SDL.framework/Versions/A/SDL (and similar links for SDL_image and SDL_ttf), and those are more important, so I'm really not sure what a good solution there is.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: April 09, 2016, 05:48:05 pm »

I suppose it would be possible to recreate the symlinks in the startup script on Linux and OS X, if it's absolutely necessary.

This sounds like a good idea to me; there are so many ways for symlinks to go missing when DFHack is redistributed that it's bound to happen.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: April 10, 2016, 12:41:06 pm »

I'm running v0.42.06 with the v 0.42.06-alpha1 (release) of DFHack. Several times now I've experienced a crash when pressing the 'v' key (view units) following one or more save/load cycles (not quicksaves). Is this a known issue?

I'll try updating to the alpha2 version and see if it still crashes.

Goatmaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: April 10, 2016, 11:27:30 pm »

I'm playing a 40.19 r2 lazy newb pack fort.
On the dfhack tab I have performance tweaks on.(dump worn items, remove all contaminants)
does the remove contaminants command stop the need/use of soap?
If it does, how do I stop it and keep the dump items part?

Also what is... found total 192472 items?
   Cleaned 105 of 30456 map blocks? (Of what?)
   Removed 1042 contaminants from 65 creatures?

infections are rampant in my fort, and with 682 adults,248 kids,15 babies its way past time to find the cause.

Goatmaan
My !!XXcpuXX!! *HATES* me.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 360