Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1193045 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 117 Council of killers
« Reply #2940 on: September 27, 2015, 07:51:39 pm »

James says to Dwen: "That's quite the beer. Here's your lighter. Don't go burning any trees."
Trade the fancy lighter for the bottle of "Lahtel Beer".

Make two essences,then go and talk to James

Hello,I noticed that you were selling some stuff, could you make me something that lets me breathe underwater?
"Sure. Don't even need to summon anything, I already have something like that."
James shows Seva a set of scuba equipment, everything needed to explore underwater.
"I'll trade it to ya for one soul shard."
If Seva agrees trade the scuba gear for one shard.

Then craft 4 healing essences.
If I have time start experimenting with the omnicube3000. First see if its possible to input the button combinations I knew for the old cube. Specifically try the one for the crossbow.

Keep an eye out for Grundar. I'm getting a bit worried about him.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 09:40:19 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: September 27, 2015, 08:44:57 pm »

Placeholder action: craft 3 essences.

"So you need power to create the chamber? How much power?"

Jase acknowledges Shias, but speaks loud enough for the others to hear. "It will take much power. I have my own stockpile to draw from, but every bit that can be contributed by others who want to be a part of it helps. Three balanced (+1/+1) essences from each contributor should be enough, more if any of you could spare it. And I will also need all of you to hold off on casting while I weave my spell, or at least wait to cast until I have finished. The currents in the aether caused by casting could disrupt the patterns I need to weave to pull this off. And Kahel, I would like to borrow your staff. It wouldn't do to botch a spell of this magnitude."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: September 27, 2015, 08:58:33 pm »

"There 'as a knowledge mage here, 'ight? I've got a coupla' questions I'd like answers to, an' I'd be willin' to trade for 'em."
3 Essences, attempt to make a trade.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: September 27, 2015, 09:20:50 pm »

"Right now, I only have two such essences though the nature of one is a bit volatile."

Just to be sure that nothing bad happens, one force essence, then I'll just meditate again. Give the lone +1/+1 force essence and the +1/+1 explosion essence to Jase.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 03:31:32 am by Crimson »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: September 27, 2015, 09:54:06 pm »

Jase acknowledges Shias, but speaks loud enough for the others to hear. "It will take much power. I have my own stockpile to draw from, but every bit that can be contributed by others who want to be a part of it helps. Three balanced (+1/+1) essences from each contributor should be enough, more if any of you could spare it. And I will also need all of you to hold off on casting while I weave my spell, or at least wait to cast until I have finished. The currents in the aether caused by casting could disrupt the patterns I need to weave to pull this off. And Kahel, I would like to borrow your staff. It wouldn't do to botch a spell of this magnitude."
"Here's a few essences, and you can borrow my staff too. Good luck with your spell."
James lends Jase 3 +1/+1 healing essences and his +1POT coral staff for the spell. He also removes or deactivates his aether defense armour and magic defense amulet so those don't interfere with Jase's spell.

Except it seems hes not casting the spell so this can wait until the turn he does.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 09:39:41 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: September 27, 2015, 10:02:57 pm »

"Sure you can have 3 of my essences.  Just let me get undrunk."

Hand over 3 +1/+1 essences, take my lighter in exchange for the bear, purge the alcohol from me and create 2 essences

Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: September 27, 2015, 10:54:03 pm »

"Ah I see the council is starting. I suppose that any trades between mages must wait until afterwards. I'd like to offer my two cents to the conversation. First off, I want to suggest starting a list of forbidden magics to prevent any one mage from gaining too much power. For exmple, Mind control. Especially mind control. You see in my world when I still had blades I once accidentally shattered the fourth wall and heard the following conversation."
More information on the Manipulator:
Alignment: LE
Domains: Mind Control, Necromancy, Evil, Law, Truth, Wrath, Patience, Exploitation, Pride, Fire
Boons (granted as he sees fit): Obtain one of his domains as an affinity, gain a +2 to comp or pot (chosen at the time the boon is given to you) for spells from an affinity that matches one of his domains, gain a +20/+20 (once) to one spell that is cast from an affinity that matches one of his domains, receive a sword with incredible stats, but which cause creatures to not drop soul shards if they are killed within three turns of being struck by it (due to their souls being sent to the Manipulator's home plane, where they will serve him for all of eternity), receive the ability to create hellfire, which can harm and burn creatures and/or objects that are normally immune or resistant to fire (or don't normally burn), instead of normal fire in a spell if you take a -1/-1 penalty to that spell, obtain an artifact that relates to one the Manipulator's domains, obtain a familiar from the following list:

Eyeball (I found out about the existence of these little guys recently. They're NE beholderkin that look like tiny beholders. They only have four eye-stalks (daze, cause fear, ray of frost, and a modified version of mage hand that allows you to move the hand and yourself in the same turn), and their central eye doesn't have any special properties, but they can sacrifice one of their eye-stalks and turn it into a spell-stalk, which allows them to fire lasers from that eye that can carry a touch-range spell through them.)
Spellwurm (They're symbionts that attach to one of your arm pits. They share spell effects with their host, and have some cool spell-like abilities, which I've listed below:
At Will - Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Ray of Frost
3/day - Mage Armor, Magic Missile (three missiles per casting), Sleep
1/day - Flaming Sphere)
Imp http: (www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Imp)
Mind Leech (Basically, these guys burrow into your head and sit at your brain stem, and try to control you. If you have a high enough will save, though, you can become the dominant entity and command the mind leech to do as you say. It has a mind blast (stuns people in a cone) and some mind-control themed SLAs, which cost int damage (the host takes the int damage) to cast. They're also LE, and were originally created by mind flayers.)
I also recommend not taking Mind Control, because I'm going to try to get that affinity back soon.

DG, I added two new domains and two new boons (the hellfire and the artifact). Do you give them your stamp of approval? I also added my supplementary pm that added more familiars to the main pm.

"It just would not do to have have mages controlling each-other's minds like that. Mind Control is a magic that could quickly lead to the destruction of all mages, regaurdless of skill, luck, or general magic strength."

Action: craft 3 essences *then sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.*

Edit: I accidentally deleted a quote symbol, (it was the 4th wall mysterious character talking about aquiring mind control, not Skelliborn.)
[/quote]
His name was kind of supposed to be a secret, so that I could reward people with it. If you are going to try to ban the worship of my deity, there will be... consequences.

Also, DG has told me that I can't permanently mind-control PCs. Macs, however, are fair game.

How do we know that Jace will use those essences to make a safe haven instead of casting a uber-polykill spell to take advantage of the bunched up mages? Perhaps Whisperling could divine his intentions.

DG, I haven't received my last two pm turns.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 10:56:19 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: September 27, 2015, 11:34:01 pm »

((Because if Jase were going to kill everyone, he would have done it from two hexes away like two turns ago. Also, I'll be putting the spell right here in the thread this turn if Jase gets enough essences, or next turn if folks need to take another turn to make essences.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: September 28, 2015, 12:46:48 am »

"I see. Here. Make sure there is a tree in the chamber."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: September 28, 2015, 05:08:09 am »

3 more essences.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: September 28, 2015, 05:12:20 am »

"Ah I see the council is starting. I suppose that any trades between mages must wait until afterwards. I'd like to offer my two cents to the conversation. First off, I want to suggest starting a list of forbidden magics to prevent any one mage from gaining too much power. For exmple, Mind control. Especially mind control. You see in my world when I still had blades I once accidentally shattered the fourth wall and heard the following conversation."
Domains: Mind Control, Necromancy, Evil, Law, Truth, Wrath, Patience, Exploitation, Pride, Fire
Boons (granted as he sees fit): Obtain one of his domains as an affinity, gain a +2 to comp or pot (chosen at the time the boon is given to you) for spells from an affinity that matches one of his domains, gain a +20/+20 (once) to one spell that is cast from an affinity that matches one of his domains, receive a sword with incredible stats, but which cause creatures to not drop soul shards if they are killed within three turns of being struck by it (due to their souls being sent to the Manipulator's home plane, where they will serve him for all of eternity), receive the ability to create hellfire, which can harm and burn creatures and/or objects that are normally immune or resistant to fire (or don't normally burn), instead of normal fire in a spell if you take a -1/-1 penalty to that spell, obtain an artifact that relates to one the Manipulator's domains, obtain a familiar from the following list:

Eyeball (I found out about the existence of these little guys recently. They're NE beholderkin that look like tiny beholders. They only have four eye-stalks (daze, cause fear, ray of frost, and a modified version of mage hand that allows you to move the hand and yourself in the same turn), and their central eye doesn't have any special properties, but they can sacrifice one of their eye-stalks and turn it into a spell-stalk, which allows them to fire lasers from that eye that can carry a touch-range spell through them.)
Spellwurm (They're symbionts that attach to one of your arm pits. They share spell effects with their host, and have some cool spell-like abilities, which I've listed below:
1/day - Flaming Sphere)
Mind Leech (Basically, these guys burrow into your head and sit at your brain stem, and try to control you. If you have a high enough will save, though, you can become the dominant entity and command the mind leech to do as you say. It has a mind blast (stuns people in a cone) and some mind-control themed SLAs, which cost int damage (the host takes the int damage) to cast. They're also LE, and were originally created by mind flayers.)
I also recommend not taking Mind Control, because I'm going to try to get that affinity back soon.

DG, I added two new domains and two new boons (the hellfire and the artifact). Do you give them your stamp of approval? I also added my supplementary pm that added more familiars to the main pm.

"It just would not do to have have mages controlling each-other's minds like that. Mind Control is a magic that could quickly lead to the destruction of all mages, regaurdless of skill, luck, or general magic strength."

Edit: I accidentally deleted a quote symbol, (it was the 4th wall mysterious character talking about aquiring mind control, not Skelliborn.)
His name was kind of supposed to be a secret, so that I could reward people with it. If you are going to try to ban the worship of my deity, there will be... consequences.

Also, DG has told me that I can't permanently mind-control PCs. Macs, however, are fair game.

How do we know that Jace will use those essences to make a safe haven instead of casting a uber-polykill spell to take advantage of the bunched up mages? Perhaps Whisperling could divine his intentions.

[/quote]

Banning a magic at this point only means that if u choose that affinity other mages will go after you. Besides, It only takes a few seconds to get mind controlled off a cliff.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: September 28, 2015, 05:47:36 am »

((Fix your quotes already. Add extra [quote] in beginning of your post.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: September 28, 2015, 06:57:16 am »

go to the Yellow guy. And shield bash him!

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: September 28, 2015, 07:22:49 am »

ATHATH, try something that slowly decays one's mind.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: September 28, 2015, 07:56:41 am »

ATHATH, try something that slowly decays one's mind.
Alas, I changed affinities upon death. I could still do that with my new one, however.

1/day - Flaming Sphere)

Banning a magic at this point only means that if u choose that affinity other mages will go after you. Besides, It only takes a few seconds to get mind controlled off a cliff.
[/quote]
It also takes only a few seconds (or less) to die from a fireball to the face. I fail to see the issue here.

Also, use the "Insert Quote" button in the top right of other posts when you're typing your post to flawlessly insert their quotes.

((Because if Jase were going to kill everyone, he would have done it from two hexes away like two turns ago. Also, I'll be putting the spell right here in the thread this turn if Jase gets enough essences, or next turn if folks need to take another turn to make essences.))
Then you wouldn't mind having Whisperling verify that your spell is what you're posting, would you?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 506