Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971508 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Damned Immateriums, how do they work?
« Reply #1005 on: June 01, 2015, 04:38:12 am »

Okay that I'm more curious about. The Space Wolves thing, that is. I know that there are no wolves on Fenris and that Russ bullshitted his way around the Edict of Nikaea by claiming his psykers channeled the power of Fenris, but Chaos?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: June 01, 2015, 04:41:00 am »

A few more screenshots. I don't wish to clutter things up too much so that'll be all. Maybe if a game occurs between Bay12ians and people don't mind I'll post some more but future images might be better off in a thread in Other Games.

--Edit--
Screenshots are of the "Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins" mod for "Dawn of War: Soul Storm" with the extra factions "Chaos Daemons", "Inquisitional Daemon Hunters" and "Tyranids" mods. Extra factions have to be downloaded separately from their respective pages on Moddb.
Links are listed on the "Ultimate Apocalypse" download page on Moddb. Click the "Read more" button in the Description.
--End Edit--

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 05:09:58 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 01, 2015, 05:02:05 am »

Is this the Apocalypse/Armageddon/Whatever mod for SS?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: June 01, 2015, 05:31:14 am »

Is this the Apocalypse/Armageddon/Whatever mod for SS?

Yes, ultimate apocalypse for dow: soulstorm.

A few more screenshots. I don't wish to clutter things up too much so that'll be all. Maybe if a game occurs between Bay12ians and people don't mind I'll post some more but future images might be better off in a thread in Other Games.

--Edit--
Screenshots are of the "Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins" mod for "Dawn of War: Soul Storm" with the extra factions "Chaos Daemons", "Inquisitional Daemon Hunters" and "Tyranids" mods. Extra factions have to be downloaded separately from their respective pages on Moddb.
Links are listed on the "Ultimate Apocalypse" download page on Moddb. Click the "Read more" button in the Description.
--End Edit--

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meh, as thread op I don't really mind this being in here, though a separate thread for the mod in other games might be tidier indeed. Maybe I'll make a thread for it sometime.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: June 01, 2015, 06:00:21 am »

I don't know, "The Dark Angels/Space Wolves are actually secretly Chaos" theory just doesn't sound that convincing to me. The Dark Angels' obsession with hunting the Fallen can be explained perfectly well by bog-standard insane ideological fanaticism - "We are not traitors, we will never be traitors, we will purge everyone who says that we are traitors!" and so on and so forth, while the Space Wolves' penchant for aloofness and independence isn't even remotely strange by the standards of the Imperium, where keeping secrets is a national pastime and organisations that cooperate as if they actually were parts of the same state and not completely independent petty kingdoms in a much larger Empire are almost unheard of.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: June 01, 2015, 09:41:08 am »

Mostly agree with Knit Tie. The real objection against the Space Wolves is how the hell could they murder Prospero for being mutants when they themselves have only slightly less bizarre mutations, aka the Wolfen. It's the real reason I hate the Space Wolves. They think their shit smells better than everyone else's. They're gigantic nordic hypocrites with a superiority complex.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:54:18 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: June 01, 2015, 10:20:37 am »

Well I'd like to say Horus intercepted the orders and basically made their stuff sound crazy heinous.
But yeah, pretty much. You'd think the SW's would take a second look at whatever was happening.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: June 01, 2015, 10:29:31 am »

Yeah, but they (SW and TS) had it out for each other before the SW landed on Prospero. In one story the TS visit Fenris and the SW basically go Wulfen on them, and they're one punch away from outright warfare. The SWs simply hate sorcery, despite having dirt-grubbing, animalistic sorcerers of their own.

Like I said, hypocrites.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: June 01, 2015, 10:39:46 am »

Yeah still having trouble figuring the difference between psychic power and sorcery.
It's the exact same thing on the tabletop- what's people's thoughts in fluff?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: June 01, 2015, 10:49:48 am »

It's the same thing.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: June 01, 2015, 10:52:19 am »

Yeah still having trouble figuring the difference between psychic power and sorcery.
It's the exact same thing on the tabletop- what's people's thoughts in fluff?

In table top it's the same thing.

They're different in fluff. Sorcery doesn't require you to be psychic. You can manipulate the power of the Warp either through psychic powers, or through ritual. (Basically, accessing the fundamental rules of creation to make the warp do what you want.) Basically, anyone can be a sorcerer with the right knowledge and willpower. Only psychics can be psykers.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: June 01, 2015, 10:56:21 am »

The whole Psyker/Sorcerer thing has been debated to death all over the net, but a lot of fluff is contradictory regarding them beyond the whole learned vs innate thing. I'm pretty sure the 5th ed Grey Knights codex said that there's no difference, but the RPGs all make a big fuss over them being different for example.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: June 01, 2015, 10:57:42 am »

Yea, sorcery is supposedly the manipulation of the warp through rituals and other practices, instead of directly tapping into it, like psykers do. Sorcery is what the space wolves runepriests do, and if the space wolves are to be believed, they dont even tap into the warp, instead using some other force, attributed to their home planet, fenris. I think there's been lots of retcons around this and nobody is really sure anymore.

I think the sisters of battle also make use of sorcery through rituals, altough they claim to be chanelling the power of the emperor, and not the warp.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: June 01, 2015, 12:13:38 pm »

Does anybody else find it odd that events in the Warhammer 40k universe seem to occur one after the other in an orderly fashion despite the use of a method of interstellar travel that by all rights should cause even more temporal shenanigans than even traveling at relativistic speeds would.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: June 01, 2015, 12:22:27 pm »

I'd like to think that the astronomicon can keep the course 'relatively straight', the Tau never go deep enough to get the time-distortion effects and the Word Bearers have already proven that if they ever really feel like getting trapped in the past they can go back pretty darn far.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 824