Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965438 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #1890 on: October 24, 2015, 08:33:54 am »

I guess the STC's has size/scale options?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: October 24, 2015, 08:39:45 am »

Mmm, AFAIK Predator Annihilators were made by space wolves modding the standard Predator STC.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1892 on: October 24, 2015, 08:48:51 am »

If the space marine weapons, equipment( jump packs) and some vehicles( droppod, hover bike) are supposed for their superhuman physiology and reflexes, how there are STC for all of that made in dark age?
There aren't. Any STCs of bolters and Power Armour were made after dark age, during Emprahs times. Mechanicus do know how to make and copy STCs, they lack the knowledge of what to put inside them (They lost more during HH than anytime before, also Emperor was around with all his wits). As for the "Dark Age Of Technology" vehicles and stuff, Mechanicus have changed them to bear Imperial marks and stuff, since they can do it too, they just don't exactly like making big modifications because it's very easy to break shit if you don't have any idea how it works. Also they're too damn religious.
I think the Emperor modded them.
Which doesn't make an amazing amount of sense.
Back during Unification Wars, there were those proto-Space Marines called Thunder Warriors which used some kind of early power armour and bolters, like some other techno-barbarians. While those things could be STCs, it's more than likely there was no way of using STCs on Terra back then, and even if there were, nobody had any idea. After Emperor hooked up with Mechanicus and then made up first Power Armour marks (the fact that they were upgraded through the existence of IotM should hint they're not old STCs) with their help.
So while Space Marine Power Armour and Bolters do use parts of old STCs, they are one of few things that Imperium actually did themselves.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1893 on: October 24, 2015, 09:27:28 am »

Also the most famous example of STC modding has to be how pretty much nearly all of the Imperial Guard and PDF tanks have a tractor as their chassis (albeit, one that has been beefed up).

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1895 on: October 24, 2015, 09:48:24 am »

Aw yeah battle tractor

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: October 24, 2015, 10:15:22 am »

Knights are another good example of STC modification. They were originally intended to be used as giant lumberjacks and mining tools on colony worlds, why they thought a battlecannon was a suitable mining tool is questionable though   ??? , and got repurposed as war machines when some of mans early colonies had hostile lifeforms on them. Like honest to Emperor Dragons.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1897 on: October 24, 2015, 10:30:11 am »

Knights are another good example of STC modification. They were originally intended to be used as giant lumberjacks and mining tools on colony worlds, why they thought a battlecannon was a suitable mining tool is questionable though   ??? , and got repurposed as war machines when some of mans early colonies had hostile lifeforms on them. Like honest to Emperor Dragons.
Battlecannons are for defence, obviously, and those weapons proably were interchangeable with mining tools, though STCs for that are long forgotten because who cares about mining when you can shoot heretics.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: October 24, 2015, 10:34:17 am »

Battlecannons are for defence, obviously, and those weapons proably were interchangeable with mining tools, though STCs for that are long forgotten because who cares about mining when you can shoot heretics.

The 6th ed Knights codex actually stated the Knight Battlecannons were originally for blasting apart ore bearing rocks. It just strikes me as strange they'd do that rather than have a drill arm.

Then again trying to use a drill from something that size on the rock around it would be nearly impossible, so I suppose being able to fire explosives is a good alternative.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: October 24, 2015, 12:26:18 pm »

Humanoid industrial machines repurposed for war? Didn't realise 40k was also Megaman.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: October 24, 2015, 06:13:44 pm »

That actually makes them slightly cooler for me
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: October 28, 2015, 12:30:15 pm »

Why did emperor create psyker legion with psyker primarch focused on studying spehss magic, if he did not really want to have psyker marines.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: October 28, 2015, 12:36:58 pm »

Remember that the Imperium does a lot of thing the Emperor would actually not approve of. Like worshipping the Emperor.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: October 28, 2015, 12:45:21 pm »

That and the thousand sons were formed during a time the imperium hadn't exactly decided to go OMG PSYKERS SHOOT THEM ESLAVE THEM BURN THEM AHHHHHHHH yet. It was only after the council of nikea that the Emprah, worried about the psychic shenaningas of the thousand sons and other warp fuckery, basically prohibited any kind of psykery that wasn't explicitly sactioned and monitored by the imperium (thanks to a conspiracy by Lorgar and other primarchs which were already turning to chaos), angering Magnus and and eventualy causing him. to become susceptible to Tzeench's dweebery.

It also allowed Lorgar to infiltrate his word bearer chaplains into every other chapter and other imperial institutions, under the excuse of monitoring warp fuckery, IIRC.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 12:47:31 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: October 28, 2015, 01:48:28 pm »

Yes the events leading to the HH could be compiled on a book called "How to make the worst decisions"
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 824