Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971273 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #2040 on: November 08, 2015, 06:17:35 am »

Those look good too, Tack. Help an inveterate lore-plebeian out here - how close to finished are those?
Thanks.
Uh... 1/5, 1/10?
I guess WIP isn't the best title if I don't also put all of the greys and pieces in the picture.

Edit:
So the basic idea is that some Thousand Sons warband went "Hey, Daemons are unstable and kinda crap." To which there was much nodding and agreeing,
Save that one aspiring sorceror who piped up with "Yes, but if we have people Host the Daemons, then they're fine and stable and still get those Sicknasty invulnerable saves".
At which point another aspiring sorcerer chimes in: "Shut the fuck up, Gavin. We're Thousand Sons. There's like, twenty of us." Cue the nodding, and agreeing that Gavin indeed was a stupid fuckface.

Then, one of the brighter, more heretical thinking guys was like "So, hey. We know how to make new tinmen, right? What with the putting someone's soul in a suit of armor and popping some kinda mini-rubric on 'em?"
After a lot of muttering and reluctance it was agreed that, whilst it was bloody iffy, and back in the day they wouldn't have touched it, and Magnus would be rolling in his tower... currently... sure... the canon checked out.
He resumed "Then, say, we hit up the Dark Mech boys, right... And get 'em to make us a robot soldier. I mean, they can make the big Maulerfiends and Soul Grinders and whatnot, right?
So, we make us a robot soldier, But, and here's the good part- we use a little bit of the Dark Mech mojo, and a little bit of our Rubric thingy, and put a daemon in the suit of armor, like. Sorta like a Rubric."

The room is abuzz on this novel idea, about making marines with the Sicknasty invulnerable saves of a Rubric, and the melee fighting skill of a crazy daemon-thing. So the Sorceror lord of this warband gives a little nod, and calls up his techmarine buddy on his interstellar sorceryphone, and is like 'Sup Troy. Nah, need no more rhinos man, we's sweet. Some little nigga' down here's comin' up wi' sum crazy ass shit, wonderin' if you could make this shit happen', to whom it is confirmed that indeed, he can make that crazy ass shit happen, and everyone is over the moon, and the resident daemon prince, in light of the young sorceror-adept's discovery, offers to grant him one impossible wish, to which he is overjoyed and wishes to kill and eat Gavin.

Was my thinking.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 06:39:44 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: November 08, 2015, 06:32:30 am »

Are you guys doing this fine craftsmanship with purpose of selling, or just as hobby for yourself?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: November 08, 2015, 07:50:17 am »

I wouldn't selll mod-jobs. They're never as good as I want them to be, so screw trying to make them for others.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: November 08, 2015, 12:42:23 pm »

Are you guys doing this fine craftsmanship with purpose of selling, or just as hobby for yourself?

My models, converted or otherwise, are primarily done as a hobby or for use in games, with some painted as favours to friends/family who play, though I do occasionally sell off models I have no use for or no longer want.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: November 08, 2015, 02:27:24 pm »

Anyhow, you got talent pals.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: November 10, 2015, 05:11:55 pm »

My Tyranids have been hiding in a box for too long now, and I think I'm ready to be rid of them... I wanted to check on some vectors to do that, see if anyone has recent experiences to share.

As for local, there's one game store on the other side of town I haven't made it to, but the rest seem not interested or viable.  I'm not expecting to get all my money back out of the models, but I would like more than pennies on the dollar back.

There's always Ebay, but the 40K stuff seems spotty on how well thing move... then there's distrust of Paypal, which is mandatory to do anything on Ebay.  Paypal hasn't been in the news lately, but they've certainly done some first-class-asshole things in the past, and I haven't forgotten.

I'm also open to hearing other ideas, if anyone has them.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: November 13, 2015, 01:32:03 am »

Alright, I think this fills a radical niche fairly well. Move out of the way Xeno Hybris, there's a new alien heresy in town.

Inquisitional Philosophy: Supercendents

It began with a dark bargain, as so many of these things do. Knowledge ripped from the thought-currents of the Empyrean, by the one who typically does this, by a Xanthite who believed all too fervently in their own human mind over that of the Ruinous Powers. And perhaps on that day the gods of Chaos truly were not watching, absorbed as they always are in the Great Game.

Regardless, it was then that a very small part of humanity unearthed knowledge that was only suspected by the most esoteric and academic of the Alienhunters, and probably only truly known by one human in all of the species' history. A conflict ancient and ingrained within the deep foundations of the galaxy, one carved in the the psyches of one of humanity's oldest enemies. The War in Heaven. Though our questionable Xanthite knew only the most basic facts of the grim, dark past, the discovery was presented across Inquisitional conclaves all the same. Thus was planted the seed of damnation known as Supercendency.

After getting over the collective shock of learning that the Orks, the Orks among all Xenos scum are the true inheritors of the galaxy following the destruction of the Old Ones, those who would become the Supercendents quickly began to coalesce around the same conclusion: at least two of the greatest xenos threats to humanity were at one time constructed weapons of war. If these control systems existed once, could they be harnessed again? Inquisitors focused upon this inquiry soon found their mutual interest in the matter, and began to cooperate, founding the philosophy proper and mass experimentation efforts to bend the will of the alien in mankind's service.

The Supercendents believe fervently in the supremacy of the human race, and thus in the possibility of exercising control over the Orks and the Necrons as the Old Ones once did, millennia ago. A minority believe the Eldar could be subject to the same process, but those Inquisitors versed in conflict with them generally regard the Eldar as too cunning to ever be controlled. Though something resembling tolerance for the xeno is bad enough, the Supercedents truly verge in to heresy in the investigations into humanity's own past regarding the Old Ones. If most of the xenos were creations of the Old Ones, then...but the thought usually stops there, verging away from the conclusion that brings final corruption.

The Supercedents are a strange group indeed, but exempting the aforementioned have not been declared Excommunicate Traitoris thanks to the forlorn hope of turning Ork against Tyranid and Necron against Chaos to bring about the salvation of the Imperium. Suffice it to say that the instigation of the Octarius War proved a powerful proof of concept among the Supercedents, though they weren't actually responsible for it. But yes, to discover that the xenos may be reforged into the sword of mankind was a bright light in the darkness for those in the Inquisition who chose to believe. In the present, the Supercedents are also greatly focused upon one more mystery not revealed by the currents of the warp: The identity of the patron (patrons?) of the Necrontyr. The only thing present are xenoarchologial signs all pointing in the general direction of Holy Terra, and a frequently encountered word of unknown meaning.

Mag'ladroth.

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: November 13, 2015, 01:42:48 am »

Hmm. Very nicely interesting!

I'm gonna be probably using it for inspiration in a game I'm slowly running on another forum; I'll give credit to you if you want, though it won't be the exact thing most likely.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: November 13, 2015, 01:47:09 am »

That's fine, I'm just feeling the need to fluff.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: November 13, 2015, 01:59:36 am »

Pretty nice, I like it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: November 13, 2015, 08:30:03 am »

Soo i wanted to fuck with my Rogue Trader Group by having them meet some Rogue Space Marines who have not fallen to Chaos, but the number of chapters in that category which are still around is as thing as expected.

The only fitting candidates for Rogue (Fuck the Empire and Fuck Chaos im gonna make my own realm with Blackjack and Hookers-type of Rogue) Marines i found so far are:

Venom Thorns. Which apparently created their own realm at the Eastern Fringe but where killed by a single Reclusiarch with 99 Bolter-Shells
Crimson Castellans. Which split apart into Pirates and Loyalists and then got eaten by Tyranids.

In both cases there might be survivors. Any other ideas? the Astral Claws all became Red Corsairs but thanks to fluff they are now all chaos infested...which is sad.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: November 13, 2015, 09:31:39 am »

Renegade space marines don't get mentioned much in official material, probably because they don't really fit into either the Chaos Space marine codex or the Space Marine codex, so you'll have to make up your own Renegade Chapter.

Depending on how fleshed out you want them to be you could go roll on the create your own chapter tables from Deathwatch or use the ones on 1d4chan.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2052 on: November 13, 2015, 12:33:57 pm »

Having them not be known could work in your favour. Things like worn out insignia or spess mahrines not screaming skulls for the skull throne or for the emperor so you can't really tell where they stand (besides standing 8 ft tall). Maybe have some really old beakies who have been cut off from the Imperium and the galaxy as a whole for a long time so they don't really know about the world beyond? Hell, if they've been stranded somewhere for a long, long time you could even have them not even know chaos exists

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: November 13, 2015, 01:36:05 pm »

You could have them going all "oh man, that was a weird warp jump", them being a bunch of pre-heresy space marines from the original great crusade, then popping out of the warp and realizing they've been catapulted several thousands years into the future, seeing how fucked up things have become and going "FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU" after noticing how fucked up the imperium has become and then deciding to do their own thing to maybe help humanity.

And have them use the beaky helmets because reasons.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: November 13, 2015, 01:40:58 pm »

That would mean a chapter that has been cut off for more than ten thousand years...back when there were still legions...okay after reading up once more on those 2 lost primarchs and their legions there are several things known.

First: they HAVE returned to the emperor.
Secondly: They have their own legions.
Thirdly: they took part in the horus heresy on the side of the traitor legions. At least at the beginning that is.
Fourth: The Emperor personally had all records of them expunged.

Seeing as the traitor legions didn't get expunged and due to info that the emperor was only sad about their fates and not angry (contrary to being angry at the chaos legions) we can assume that they didn't fall to chaos but did something completely else.

Okay that leaves as far as i can see two options: they did leave the galaxy for some reason against express wishes of the emperor (who then expunged them to prevent follow up missions) or what i would find immensely funnier they simply decided to not deal with all the crap going on and decided to do their own thing renouncing the emperor and chaos both...

Would be fun to have two entire primarch legions worth of people simply not giving a shit about the state of things anymore and sitting in the border of the galaxy having their own empire.

Also beaky helmets...always beaky helmets :D
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 824