Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965166 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #2055 on: November 13, 2015, 01:46:18 pm »

That would mean a chapter that has been cut off for more than ten thousand years...back when there were still legions...okay after reading up once more on those 2 lost primarchs and their legions there are several things known.

First: they HAVE returned to the emperor.
Secondly: They have their own legions.
Thirdly: they took part in the horus heresy on the side of the traitor legions. At least at the beginning that is.
Fourth: The Emperor personally had all records of them expunged.

Can you provide sources for that?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: November 13, 2015, 01:59:37 pm »

That would mean a chapter that has been cut off for more than ten thousand years...back when there were still legions...okay after reading up once more on those 2 lost primarchs and their legions there are several things known.

First: they HAVE returned to the emperor.
Secondly: They have their own legions.
Thirdly: they took part in the horus heresy on the side of the traitor legions. At least at the beginning that is.
Fourth: The Emperor personally had all records of them expunged.

They were expunged prior to the Heresy. Some of the HH books reference them and the Primarchs saying that they weren't supposed to talk about what happened.

EDIT: Some pics of a R&Hs Mutant Demagogue I've converted from a WHF Gutrot Spume model.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Really should have spent more time cleaning up his torso before I began painting, but I got really sick of applying green stuff and shaving the surface smooth to try and clear out the stomach spines and open wounds he had.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 02:13:49 pm by Grim Portent »
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2057 on: November 13, 2015, 02:17:39 pm »

That is fucking disgusting and filthy in all the best ways

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2058 on: November 13, 2015, 02:23:14 pm »

The missing two legions thing happened pre-HH, so that may be the cause of [RECORDS EXPUNGED], since Emperor was around to care.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: November 13, 2015, 03:15:44 pm »

Can you provide sources for that?

Sure can do:
Horus Heresy Chapbook - The Lightning Tower  <- in regards to returning to the Emperor and forming Legions
Codex Ultramarines - Second Edition <- that they fought in the Horus Heresy...at least in the beginning - this clashes with the Horus Heresy Books tho
Deliverance Lost <- in regards to the Emperors feelings towards them.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: November 13, 2015, 08:00:10 pm »

Horus Heresy thing is rather large. One would think that Chaos Marines, being rather not subject to the Emperor's mandates of 'these guys specifically, and only they, shall be completely and utterly purged from all records', would still have some memory of them and what they were about, such that some knowledge of them, like, say, their names (if only to gloat over their fall being even worse), would have survived to the present day.

As far as I know, they were expunged before the Horus Heresy, people seemed forbidden to speak of them, and there's basically nothing known of them. Which, if I remember right, GW did on purpose, so that for those people most vile of heretics for which the Ultramarines were not snowflake enough, they could have more possibilities for their chapters.

I mean, I figured 600+ unlored up chapters would be enough to write about, but from what I've seen, lotsa people just kinda go with the idea that most unwritten about chapters are cookie cutter marines. Which is kinda disappointing to me that people think so little of the Emperor's finest, but whatever.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2061 on: November 14, 2015, 08:36:15 am »

Celestial Lions 24/7, shooting up some "rogue" Inquisitors.
Also, back in the days of Rogue Trader, both of those were known, with Rainbow Warriors (Space Aztecs) being the II one (I think) and Valedictors being the other ones. Also, yeah, they're for people who want their special Mary Sue Primarches. IIRC, GW just simply picked out the two chapters with least fluff (I mean, I have no fucking idea what Valedictors are and Rainbow Warriors have less fluff than a lot of regular Post-HH chapters) without really thinking about who would they be, simply because they wanted to throw the Roman Damnatio Memoriae in.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2062 on: November 14, 2015, 02:19:38 pm »

Trippy rainbow tree fog marines?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2063 on: November 14, 2015, 03:58:48 pm »

Chain-macuahuitls? Holy Emperor on His Golden Shitter, I want.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: November 14, 2015, 04:22:49 pm »

Is that, is that a joke?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2065 on: November 14, 2015, 05:07:54 pm »

You wish. There had to be GAY AND GLORIOUS Marines in there, you know.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2066 on: November 14, 2015, 05:18:02 pm »

Gotta hand it to you, chain macuahitls are the teeth on your skin (also literally). Reminds me of /tg/s scifi concept of high tech aztechs using technology powered by blood. Things like power armour with the wearer's suit coursing through it as coolant or some such stuff.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: November 14, 2015, 05:20:24 pm »

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: November 14, 2015, 09:30:51 pm »

Rainbow Warriors are the shit, yo.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2069 on: November 15, 2015, 07:55:42 am »

Gimmick marines are the best marines.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 824