Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971328 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #2100 on: November 21, 2015, 01:05:49 pm »

Marines Immaculate, they have cleaning OCD.
They're Chaos because Emperor is rotting. They worship an minor Chaos God called Igjene, The Great Clean One.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2101 on: November 21, 2015, 01:07:10 pm »

I bet the Tau did.

Partially because I find the concept so strangely hilarious and gratifying. Teams of Earth Caste and Drones equipped with cleaning solution and brushes of a hundred shapes and sizes, dedicated to cleaning up battlefields where Orks were slain. Plus, it fits with the naivety of the faction.

Also, that looks really nice, Grim Portent. Is that a Sergeant? Or a Tactical?
Air caste dyson hoovers on a planetwide scale to MAKE PLANET CLEAN

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: November 21, 2015, 10:07:22 pm »

Marines Immaculate, they have cleaning OCD.
They're Chaos because Emperor is rotting. They worship an minor Chaos God called Igjene, The Great Clean One.

Ah, the Great Clean One...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: November 22, 2015, 08:01:44 am »

Do you know what is scarier than a Death Korps Of Krieg guardsman?
An old Death Korps of Krieg guardsman...
An old world eater is probably scarier.
An old trollslayer... Well... Different universe but same principle.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2104 on: November 22, 2015, 08:54:30 am »

Do you know what is scarier than a Death Korps Of Krieg guardsman?
An old Death Korps of Krieg guardsman...
An old world eater is probably scarier.
An old trollslayer... Well... Different universe but same principle.
An old World Eater is just regular World Eater tho. Also, age doesn't mean the same thing in Warp, and after all, World Eaters don't die in fucking droves like Kriegsmen, since, after all, their survivability rate is much higher. And when you have an old Krieger, you know that guy is either the death incarnate and refuses to die no matter what, or Emperor watches over him specifically, and from the two, the first option is considerably less scarier.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: November 22, 2015, 09:11:15 am »

It's the same principle all over, all three of them cannot, or aren't allowed to go a long period of time without battle. Except Spees Marheens are scarier, statistically.
Maybe the highest Age:Fear ratio would be an Eversor Assassin, based on how quickly they "age" whilst they're on ice.
But AFAIK, they're essentially time bombs, so it's probably impossible.

Anywho, reminds me of the Valhallan joke.
Commander Chenkov get call from HQ.
"Chenkov, comrade. Our tanks are stuck on bank of river. You must find safe passage across.
Chenkov look at river. Is icy and swift. Look left, look right, call up company command.
"Get me three platoon of conscripts".
First platoon arrive, fifty men. Chenkov point at river, says 'swim'.
None make it.
Second platoon arrive. Chenkov point at river. 'Swim'.
No survivors.
Third platoon. Point. "Swim".
One man reach other bank.
Chenkov ring HQ.
"Is Chenkov. Have found bridge."
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 09:21:02 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2106 on: November 22, 2015, 09:14:44 am »

I'd fear a very old Krieger because that would mean a higher up deemed a Krieger valuable enough to prolong their lifespan with expensive treatments, keeping in mind it's often cheaper to replace a Krieger with a new Krieger than replace a Krieger's equipment with new equipment

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: November 22, 2015, 09:35:44 am »

How much scare would a sacary kriege scare...
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2108 on: November 22, 2015, 10:44:22 am »

I'd fear a very old Krieger because that would mean a higher up deemed a Krieger valuable enough to prolong their lifespan with expensive treatments, keeping in mind it's often cheaper to replace a Krieger with a new Krieger than replace a Krieger's equipment with new equipment
It's basically always cheaper to replace a Krieger with a new Krieger. Their shoes are more valuable to HQ than their lives.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2109 on: November 22, 2015, 10:49:28 am »

It's basically always cheaper to replace a Krieger with a new Krieger. Their shoes are more valuable to HQ than their lives.
There's a funny (well, grimfunny and grimdark) fa/tg/uy story from the point of view of a Krieg medic. Squad value from most valuable to least valuable is the squad's plasma gun, the squad's medic, the squad's plasma gun operator, the lasguns, the squad and then the ammunition

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2110 on: November 22, 2015, 10:56:57 am »

There's a funny (well, grimfunny and grimdark) fa/tg/uy story from the point of view of a Krieg medic. Squad value from most valuable to least valuable is the squad's plasma gun, the squad's medic, the squad's plasma gun operator, the lasguns, the squad and then the ammunition

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: November 22, 2015, 11:27:52 am »

Yep. That's completely changed my view on Kriegs. Emotionally far scarier.

Cadians are known for having a large amount of veterans, so I wonder if they're actually one of the more informal armies.
Y'know, other than the "Commissar? What Commissar?" Catachans.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: November 22, 2015, 12:36:33 pm »

I also enjoy Krieg Commissars, poor fucks who get trained alongside the rest of the Commissariat and are then dispatched to the one force in the galaxy where they have to do the exact opposite of what their job usually is and keep the Kriegers from dispassionately walking into the jaws of the enemy.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2113 on: November 22, 2015, 01:22:23 pm »

The worst part about the Krieg Commissars is that they have literally noone to talk with or anything. I mean, not like they're the talkative nice guys, but they're still humans, and they're proably fucking angry because all their cheesy one-liners and glorious speeches cause no reaction. Also, I belive that the main thing that they do when not in battle is easening tensions between them and other regiments (as evidenced, Kriegers don't understand a lot of things which can lead to muscular armed people thinking they're screwing around) as opposed to regular keeping the morale up with ice cream and summary executions.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: November 22, 2015, 01:25:46 pm »

Cool, something new to argue about. I feel like Catachan commissars have it worse.

Quote from: The Dask Campaign (Unknown Date, M41)
- The 42nd, 81st, 103rd and 186th Death Korps Infantry Regiments participate in the eradication of a Nurgle-aligned mutant army on the word of Dask in the Segmentum Tempestus. This gruesome war of attrition would see the glorious death of Colonel 186 as he charged at the front of 400 men to retake a strategic hill.

Colonel 186

Yep. That's grimdark.

On another note: if Stormtroopers are recruited from the orphans of nobles and war heroes, and the death korps don't really have nobles, war heroes or orphans.. Does that mean they don't contribute?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:51:40 pm by Tack »
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 824