Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971631 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #3165 on: March 01, 2016, 11:01:37 am »

Ugh, waiting for chapter master is like unexploded bolt in the knee.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3166 on: March 01, 2016, 11:04:20 am »

Do you know what's the best thing about unexploded bolts?
THEY CAN EXPLODE! : D
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: March 01, 2016, 08:01:21 pm »

There's nothing better than having both of your legs torn off at the knee from pinpoint bolter fire.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: March 01, 2016, 08:06:08 pm »

If its any consolation, bolter rounds are so large even an unexploded one would prob just tear off your leg on impact :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: March 01, 2016, 09:48:03 pm »

They just teach them how to do it right.
They teach them nowadays, before it was basically DO WHATEVER YOU WANT COS' ELDAR LIFE IS FREE.
Yeah. I don't see your point here. I'm talking about nowadays. They didn't seem to have trouble with Daemons before Slaanesh showed up either, though, so...*shrug*
Less time to fuck up if there are only like five seconds after your birth when you can fuck up before brainwashing.
Teaching how to not summon Daemons while manipulating wraithbone=brainwashing. Okay. The 'less time to fuck up' and 'more time being taught' was kinda my point.
Good for them, that they need some constant reminders.
Yeah. The constant reminders means they don't have to exterminatus Craftworlds. It's pretty helpful.
Eh, they might not be that great again if it takes them hundreds of years to grasp such basic concept as "NOT FUCKING AN CHAOS GOD INTO EXISTENCE".
What's fucking got to do with anything? I mean, yeah, it takes a while to imprint sexual and emotional repression into people, what's your point?
That explains why they do that, though it would be hard to forget FUCKING AN CHAOS GOD INTO EXISTENCE, AND BASICALLY PSYCHIC GENOCIDE OF THEIR OWN RACE.
Well, if I remember right, the Craftworld Eldar didn't do that, in any case. That's why they survived. They had to have discipline on the trading vessels, so they didn't all die from being too successful at life. As compared to physical genocide of all other races. Okay. I mean, there's also the whole Harlequin deal where they hold plays to remind everyone not to be too happy because eitherwise the bogeymanSlaanesh will get you.
The all-natural psykers was the reason they fucked up in first place.
This is kinda like blaming the dog for being four-legged, which is why it couldn't hold that assault rifle. Like, no shit, but what difference does it make here? Also, see below about 'entire galaxy's worth'.
The thing is that Emperor might actually answer those prayers (Sisters of Battle cause miracles on daily basis), and so might Chaos Gods, so "wrong cantations and rituals" might mean "OPENING A FUCKING GATE TO WARP IN MIDDLE OF TERRA" or actually mentioned "FUCKING AN CHAOS GOD INTO EXISTENCE", you don't need to be psyker for psychic entities to act... and Cult Mechanicus cantations are basically maintenance protocols so if you screw up you might end up exploding the entire planet with acient toaster... or, if the thing they're talking to is advanced enough to be called an "Machine Spirit", screwing up might cause it to go on murderous rampage.
DUDEMAN. Capital letters are UNNECESSARY. As you can see, they DON'T REALLY CONTRIBUTE to the discussion, and it makes me think that you might be a bit OVERZEALOUS IN YOUR HATRED ON AN ONLINE FORUM THREAD MEANT FOR THE DISCUSSION OF ALL THINGS 40K AND NOT JUST MINDLESS ADORATION OF THE EMPEROR.

Seriously, Kot. Calm down. I get that you love the Imperium. They are not the end-all be-all 'best-guys' (there are no good guys) in 40k.

Furthermore, Sisters of Battle have a shitton of different prayers. Emps can hear you pray regardless of whether you have proper diction. If the Chaos Gods have taken an interest in you, same applies. Sisters of Battle have an exceptional level of faith not present in the average Imperial citizen, who's just trying to get through the day without dying of poisonous smog in the mid-levels of their Hive Cities. It took about literally a galaxy's worth of the strongest large-number psykers in existence experiencing the limits of their heightened emotional capacities to summon Slaanesh, and she still got beaten on by Khorne afterwards. If you're not on Terra, you're not going to open a Warp Gate to Terra by pronouncing a few syllables. There's a reason sacrifices and shit are needed.

These are all reasons to 'teach them how to do it correctly', not 'slaughter the lot of them, obviously they're too stupid to be worth anything other than rations'.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: March 01, 2016, 11:33:22 pm »

Seriously, Kot. Calm down. I get that you love the Imperium. They are not the end-all be-all 'best-guys' (there are no good guys) in 40k.

He's just overflowing with patriotic Imperial zeal is all. Sometimes it MAKES YOU SAY THINGS in all CAPS because THAT'S WHAT THE EMPEROR WANTED FOR MANKIND.

Also let's not get into 40k racial genital waving. We're all fans.

Except for Tau because fuck them.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: March 02, 2016, 12:47:11 am »

Humans are objectively the best race in 40k. In the span of ~220k years, mankind spread across the entire galaxy, became technologically advanced enough to set space on fire, and birthed the Emperor. Even in the absolute worst-case scenario (aka current 40k), mankind still maintains dominion over the galaxy despite four active Chaos Gods, reawakening Necrons, the biggest known Ork Waaaghs to ever exist, and the Tyranids.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: March 02, 2016, 02:00:08 am »

Humans are objectively the best race in 40k. In the span of ~220k years, mankind spread across the entire galaxy, became technologically advanced enough to set space on fire, and birthed the Emperor. Even in the absolute worst-case scenario (aka current 40k), mankind still maintains dominion over the galaxy despite four active Chaos Gods, reawakening Necrons, the biggest known Ork Waaaghs to ever exist, and the Tyranids.
That certainly sounds like they're the subjectively best race in 40k according to you, yup.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: March 02, 2016, 02:12:47 am »

Deep breaths people, deep race neutral breaths.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: March 02, 2016, 03:22:46 am »

That certainly sounds like they're the subjectively best race in 40k according to you, yup.
Name a single other race that's better than humanity.

Deep breaths people, deep race neutral breaths.
We're all calm, here.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: March 02, 2016, 03:29:50 am »

Never have I seen a more charged inquiry during talking about 40k.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: March 02, 2016, 03:54:03 am »

Charged inquiry, in a 40k thread?

There is two races that fare better. First are the orks: they are everywhere, cannot be rooted out, will never degenerate into substandard technology, they resist chaos and madness and everything about them is solidly programmed. The only thing that can threaten them are tyranids who are the only ones who could eat them all.

And the other is... mankind itself. The 40k humans are stupid, superstitious bunch that can barely see that the Imperium is slowly, but surely falling apart. This is the opposite to what mankind was before the Horus heresy. The chaos gods could not destroy it in one go, but they left their mark.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: March 02, 2016, 03:55:00 am »

A heretical Slaaneshi witch primarus-scholera and xenos lover was teaching a class on Horus Lupercal, known fucker.
"Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Horus and accept that he was the most empowered being the galaxy has ever known, even greater than the Emperor!”

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-xenocide Tactical Marine champion who had served 15000 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decisions made by the Imperium stood up and held up a map of Terra.

“How old is this unity of mankind?”

The arrogant scholera smirked quite Chaotically and smugly replied “Unity is a lie invented by the Corpse-God, you stupid Imperial”

“Wrong. It’s been 11,000 years since the Emperor brought the fire of humanity to the stars. If it was a lie and the Ruinous Powers, as you say, are real… then we should be lost to the Immaterium by now.”
The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his vox and copy of the Tome of Excess. He stormed out of the room crying those heretic grox tears, the same tears they now cry for "mutants" (whom are so kindly treated today that many own food).

The students applauded and all joined the PDF that day and accepted the Emperor as their lord and savior. An eagle named “Human Monodominance” flew into the room and perched atop the Imperial Flag and shed a tear on the voxcaster. The Edict of Nikea was read several times, and the Sanguinor himself showed up and burned Tau-sympathizers across the Ultima Segmentum.

The scholera was captured by brave Imperial citizens and was burned as a witch the next day. He was reforged into a sewage-processing servitor and was tossed into the sea of dicks for all eternity.

Ave Imperator.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: March 02, 2016, 03:57:37 am »

Well yeah, since better is a subjective thing depending on how you measure it, and it could apply to many different things.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: March 02, 2016, 05:22:52 am »

I don't actually know what "charged inquiry" means. What does it mean?

There is two races that fare better. First are the orks: they are everywhere, cannot be rooted out, will never degenerate into substandard technology, they resist chaos and madness and everything about them is solidly programmed. The only thing that can threaten them are tyranids who are the only ones who could eat them all.
They're also quite stupid, have stagnated in technological development in the millions of years they've been around, and their gods barely do anything despite being powered by a race where "clap your hands if you believe" is a thing.

-snip-
This is the single most beautiful thing I have ever read. *sheds tear of devotion to the Emperor*
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 824