Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965295 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #3555 on: April 03, 2016, 09:06:50 am »

commissars channel the emprah's righteous fury through their bolters

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: April 03, 2016, 03:18:28 pm »

Also those three commissars are the only ones (besides commisar-colonel Greiss) to hold a command position.
You forgot about COMMISSAR Holt. There's also COMMISSAR LORD Bernn, though he doesn't do much in Retribution.
Except neither of those do. They're actually just Lord Commissars.
In fact, Cain doesn't either, surprisingly.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 03:26:36 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3557 on: April 03, 2016, 03:30:40 pm »

Except neither of those do. They're actually just Lord Commissars.
Except COMMISSAR Holt totally does. While in the game he's in theory your (the player) subordinate, the troops themselves still answer "COMMISSAR" to orders and so on, and if you paid attention to the video, the Planetary Governor gives his troops to him. LORD COMMISSAR Bernn I could agree, but he still commands troops in Retribution if there is neither Castor or Adrastia around. Merrick doesn't count, he's just an NCO. Also IIRC Commissars blamming retarded commanders and assuming control themselves isin't that rare, especially if there are suspections of heresy and so on.
Also from fanon I can name COMMISSAR Raege, though considering the status of Boone, one might argue that there is a chance she could exist in Canon. COMMISSAR Fuklaw is proably out of question though.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: April 03, 2016, 03:51:24 pm »

Not at all that rare for a Commissar Lord to lead troops when no other effective leaders are available. But the 'When nobody else is available' is important, because on the tabletop they literally have the 'chain of command' rule which means they cannot lead if there's a senior officer present.
However, Commissar-Colonel Gaunt and Commissar-Colonel Greiss are the only two who actually hold a rank (Yarrick having just been removed from that list also).

Of course, now that it's just Gaunt and Greiss holding rank, that really doesn't explain why there's so many Commissariat heroes, so I fall back on my 'Good marketing' theory.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: April 03, 2016, 04:00:41 pm »

It's also in part that Commissars are usually found on or near the front lines, while Majors, Colonels, Captains and Generals are generally disposed to stay in the back where they can observe and command the battle properly.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: April 05, 2016, 02:20:34 am »

Oh yeah, unsure if anyone has posted this earlier, but there's a bunch of rumors which dropped late last year about the new Chaos Codex.
link

Basically it comes with a lot of gorgeous things for cult armies (as well as possibly making Tzeentch viable again (Sorcerer terminators woo!)).

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: April 05, 2016, 05:26:54 am »

Are there things like chaos infused baneblades? Like sentient sage baneblade shooting 19 barrels of dark sorcery?
Sentient battleships?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: April 05, 2016, 05:30:02 am »

Are there things like chaos infused baneblades? Like sentient sage baneblade shooting 19 barrels of dark sorcery?
Sentient battleships?

Those things exists, even if we might not see them in a game.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: April 05, 2016, 06:29:23 am »

List of imperial things you won't find a chaos version of:
1. Grey Knights

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: April 05, 2016, 06:31:15 am »

2 .The God-Emperor of Mankind?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: April 05, 2016, 06:32:24 am »

chaos emperor W H E N

FAKEEDIT: fucking ninjas

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: April 05, 2016, 06:45:04 am »

Pff.
We've got four.

That and whatever Fabius Bile is working on.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 06:50:25 am by Tack »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: April 05, 2016, 07:26:37 am »

Khlolorn is basically the same as the emperor, he's covered in blood and sitting on a useless throne and everything!
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: April 05, 2016, 07:28:56 am »

So I'm in a PnP campaign where the general premise is 'It's New Year's Eve M40.999, and the Emperor just died at the stroke of midnight. Wat do?'. The party consists of an Inquisitor who is XBOX HUEG and a minor psyker, a Blood Ravens Spehss Mehreen Sergeant who is also a minor psyker (because Blood Ravens), an unbound psyker who fell out of a ventilation duct into the middle of the party and was only not executed because he accidentally an entire Bloodthirster as the first thing anyone in the party saw him do, and my character.

My character is a terrified Munitorum clerk who was given a plasma gun and a pat on the back (my request for oven mitts was denied) and told he was an acolyte in the Emperor's Holy Inquisition.

My primary objective is currently buddy-cop shenanigans with the Space Marine, who is not enthused by the concept.

It's all goin' real well.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: April 05, 2016, 07:50:50 am »

I thought Emps was still kicking at the bottom of the 42nd?
But yeah that stuff sounds bleak. Unsure exactly how much cataclysmic stuff Emps is responsible for keeping in check but it's probably gotta be difficult to handwave for the GM.
I mean welcome to the 2nd age of strife.

(Also, gotta say, when Horus turned on Emps, he got all weepy and comatose.
When Skarbrand turned on Khorne he was like "I AM CURIOUS ABOUT THE CHOICES WHICH LED YOU TO THIS MOMENT. I INVITE YOU TO GO EXPLORE THAT."
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 824