Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965238 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #3825 on: April 18, 2016, 10:23:41 pm »

So basicaly what is being described is already what I plan to use. Chimaras with basilisk artilery. Guess I'll have to look and check the other artilery units
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: April 19, 2016, 03:39:25 am »

So uhm, a 3rd person 40k action game based blow for blow on Abnett's Xenos. How the fuck did I only hear about this now?

TB however doesn't seem that optimistic about it. It was originally planned as a mobile game but is now going to be on PC first. A quick look at some of the gameplay definitely shows signs of typical mobile game play: QTEs, button mashing, etc...

Also Eisenhorn is sporting a tie which looks bloody ridiculous.

Voiced by Mark Strong? Where the hell did this come from? Why a mobile-to-PC port and why no advertising before this? GW's license policy is just really, really strange.

EDIT: Though it does make me think a live-action adaptation could easily star Mark Strong. He could pull off that look. Let's just pretend this game never happened and go for that.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 04:35:00 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: April 19, 2016, 06:11:35 am »

GW's license policy is just really, really strange.
To their credit they're actually getting better with quality games like BG:A and Deathwing coming out.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: April 19, 2016, 06:31:18 am »

Deathwing.. Yes...

Is that basically just gonna be Vermintide 40k?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: April 19, 2016, 09:18:34 am »

I think it was announced first, iirc. If it can capture the desperate l4d feeling I'm sold, but I don't know if it can without being a "tide", while genestealers are more of a 1-on-1 threat if caught by surprise
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: April 19, 2016, 09:54:24 am »

So AVP would be better?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: April 19, 2016, 09:55:55 am »

Deathwing.. Yes...

Is that basically just gonna be Vermintide 40k?
It's made by Streum On, also known for EYE: Divine Cybermancy. So expect something incredibly odd but also fun.

But frankly, if it was Vermintide 40K I would have no problem with it at all.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: April 19, 2016, 09:58:31 am »

From the early build videos I saw, it doesnt look that special so far. I at least didn't see an actual swarm of genestealers, it was more like ~group of genestealers vs group of terminator armor marines~. Weapons seemed a bit anemic, too. Why the hell do game designers love giving the most anemic sounds to bolters, specially goddamn storm bolters? IIRC, bolter barrels tend to be wider in diameter then IRL shotguns.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:03:45 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: April 19, 2016, 02:17:51 pm »

ANSWER ME

The Imperial Guard. How large is the average force? I've seen varying numbers (the thousands of Leman Russes in Necropolis vs the couple hundred Chimera's in Cadian Blood, although they are different regiment types) and whilst I do realize that these things vary by the regiment and with the situation, a general idea would be appreciated. Also, how the hell does Cadia stand, even with the absolutely massive Guard and Astartes presence in that area? The Eye of Terror houses an extra heretical number of demons, right? So why are they not constantly thrown in the general direction of the enemy until something happens. Or used in a strategic manner, I guess, but where's the fun in that?
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: April 19, 2016, 03:39:16 pm »

Cadia stands firstly because it's the war world to end all war worlds, producing and exporting only soldiers, but more importantly because the planet is littered with warp-nullifying pylons that the Necrons probably built which keeps the worst manifestations from taking place. They can be overloaded, but it's no easy feat, even for the endless waves of daemons coming from the Eye.

Even with all that, the Imperium only holds about a third of Cadia at any given time.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: April 19, 2016, 04:26:12 pm »

Cadia stands firstly because it's the war world to end all war worlds, producing and exporting only soldiers, but more importantly because the planet is littered with warp-nullifying pylons that the Necrons probably built which keeps the worst manifestations from taking place. They can be overloaded, but it's no easy feat, even for the endless waves of daemons coming from the Eye.

Even with all that, the Imperium only holds about a third of Cadia at any given time.
Ah, that makes sense. I thought that the warp pylons only stopped the Eye of Terror from getting out and Cadia getting turned into Khorne Flakes with a wave. That means that cultists and CSM have to attack, and the first group is pathetic at best (although numbers do certainly help) and the second group is far more effective, but a massive amount of fire sent downfield can fix that little problem fairly quickly. Thanks!
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: April 20, 2016, 03:39:55 am »

Chaos also has the disadvantage of serving lesser gods than the almighty Emperor of Man and are thus doomed to fail at every endeavour.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: April 20, 2016, 04:33:32 am »

Tell sigmar that. He's already 0/2

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: April 20, 2016, 06:16:52 am »

Tell sigmar that. He's already 0/2
That's because he didn't have the aid of those most prestigious and majestic Ultramarines to conquer in his name. He has seen this deficiency and is attempting to create an approximation that should serve his purposes.
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 824