Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965174 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #4275 on: May 30, 2016, 12:03:46 pm »

And yet they've tried. So many times, and with such an awful track record.

Is it worth it to get the secret of instant teleportation?
A: Yes.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4276 on: May 30, 2016, 12:05:58 pm »

Regarding Archangel... Yeah, the forum is pure cancer (it looks like it has been designed by Slanneshi, what the fuck, IT HAS FUCKING GLITTER NICKNAMES), the Wiki is hosted on Wikia and good luck finding anything in both of these places (I am nearly 100% convinced that there is nothing of value there), players are even worse (I don't know if they're rejects from /tg/ or something, but they embody the worst properties of 4chan anons), the community is more retarded than Goon on bad day and rounds basically consists of people getting into their snowflake special roles achieveable by bothering admins or becoming a donor and then it's just RDM between every possible faction ever, with random Inquisitors, Necrons, Tyranids, Eldars, Chaos shits and... seriously, everyone ever, you can outright spawn as part of Death Korps of Krieg (one of main redeeming qualities of the thing is that the ship of DKoK is apparently called "Regentropfen", I get that reference) and go down and start shooting shit because apparently RP is boring. I'm not even mentioning the quality of their code and sprites, stuff looks worse than placeholders from original game and is buggier than Plauge Marine underwear.

Let the fact that servitors are apparently OOC punishment role (instead of like, 3/4 of engineering staff) speaks for itself. I'm not exactly fan of very high RP, but if you're doing WH40k roleplay, then do it properly, because ATM the thing sits somewhere between regular SS13 (fucking Imperial Guard is Security reskin (not to mention that Commissar is apparently HoS, what the fuck), they just have much bigger armoury... and Arbites are part of them) and the glorious Wh40k SS13 conversion it could have been, but instead it's egoboosting RDM clusterfuck of power hungry anons with really shitty mechanics and even worse art cover. I mean what the fuck, the wiki is on wikia and lacks any meaningful information, having an working wiki for your own version of SS13 code is like, most complete utter basic thing ever. Hell, I don't even fucking care about most of those previous points, except that the server viciously slaughters established Wh40k lore and tries to badly fit it into SS13 frame.

TL;DR
Utter garbage.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: May 30, 2016, 12:10:36 pm »

Necrons are sort of weird in that they are the most advanced race by leagues (debatable I am sure)... but somehow it doesn't matter all that much.

My personal excuse is that the Necrons are a sort of quantity over quality.

Then again they are part of the "League of Galaxy Enders" which so far doesn't include the Imperials... Unless I am mistaken.

Are the Eldar part of that group? I know the Tau are.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4278 on: May 30, 2016, 12:19:18 pm »

Necrons are sort of weird in that they are the most advanced race by leagues (debatable I am sure)... but somehow it doesn't matter all that much.

Then again they are part of the "League of Galaxy Enders" which so far doesn't include the Imperials... Unless I am mistaken.

What.
Since when are Tau relevant to the big picture? I mean, it has been already established that the only reason they still exist is that Imperium didin't bother enough to just wipe them out for good. Necrons are the "Leauge of Galaxy Enders" due to their crazy stuff which they mostly never use because they haven't mobilized yet. Full power Necrons would wipe Galaxy clean in few thousand (or maybe even hundred?) years and then proceed to clash with Tyranids forever. Imperium was well in that "Leauge" during Great Crusade, and honestly, it seems that they are only ones to succeed in "ending the Galaxy", of course if you give victory in Horus Heresy to Chaos. Cabal existed for a reason, eh.
Eldar aren't exactly relevant anymore because there is simply not enough of them and they're focused on either dying very hard or very hard not dying.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: May 30, 2016, 12:49:11 pm »

Tau still have their "Sun ender" if they ever get around to inventing it. That is their win condition.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: May 30, 2016, 01:08:38 pm »

Wasting a bunch of resources on a weapon that explodes stars still won't save you from a faction with massively more resources than you.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: May 30, 2016, 02:18:39 pm »

I feel this is a death star thing. Massive thing capable of destroying planets but poorly defended due to lack of resources, cheap ships, and shitty soldierz....wait Imp guard is that you?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 02:33:54 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: May 30, 2016, 02:20:24 pm »

Wasting a bunch of resources on a weapon that explodes stars still won't save you from a faction with massively more resources than you.

Unless it can do it anywhere anytime. Could wipe out the imperium in one day.

It isn't a super nuke. It is like the ability to hack stars

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4283 on: May 30, 2016, 02:41:37 pm »

What the fuck.
I've heard that Tau have some superweapons, even that they can kill stars, but "Sun Ender"? This is new to me. Could you throw a source at me? Googling yields nothing...
Also, it should be noted that even if they do invent it, they proably won't use it. Tau, just like Imperium of the Man, don't exactly enjoy blowing up planets and stars because they kinda have to live somewhere. They would rather leave the planets be with Imperium than to just explode it all. They even make steps towards that, like that gun in Soulstorm which killed people by frying their nervous system which left plants and other stuff A-Okay.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: May 30, 2016, 03:04:25 pm »

I heard it here :P if it isn't true I apologize :P

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: May 30, 2016, 04:49:14 pm »

Ehm, eldar are dying out race, and they kind of keep losing craftworlds and population.
Even their gods are something pretty weak. Their blackstone fortresses got blown up by imperial navy.
It does not seem, that they are even major threat for imperium, just some annoying guys, who try to trick imperium into helping them to survive a bit longer.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: May 30, 2016, 04:54:26 pm »

All the factions are at least potential victors. For the Eldar, that's the Ynnead plan working correctly. The Tau are a bit more oblique, but because of their organization they have at least the potential to attain exponential technological growth like humanity once had.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: May 30, 2016, 05:01:50 pm »

All the factions are at least potential victors. For the Eldar, that's the Ynnead plan working correctly. The Tau are a bit more oblique, but because of their organization they have at least the potential to attain exponential technological growth like humanity once had.

I really don't picture the Imperials winning if only because, to my knowledge, they are kind of limited to conventional means to do so. Without any super tech, endless numbers, warp bombs, or stuff.
-Actually... when I think about it... three factions have "endless numbers"... Orcs, Necrons, and Tyranids.

They would just end up gummed up on some other faction before one of the other factions hit their win conditions.

Well ok... the Imperials will win, but that is more because they will win "because plot" then because they honestly had the best chance.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: May 30, 2016, 05:05:27 pm »

It is possible that when the tyranids reach earth they kill emp. emp become new chaos god and a new eye of terror opens up on earth killing the tyranids with it.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: May 30, 2016, 05:19:10 pm »

The Imperium can absolutely win 40k, under the right circumstances. Either the return of the Emperor or the discovery of an intact STC would do the job.

Remember: The Imperium already conquered the galaxy once. Even after being torn in two by the Horus Heresy, the Imperium still held on for ten thousand years, and still continues to hold in in M42 by virtue of attrition. The Imperium is the most powerful faction by a wide margin, it's just that everything else is bearing down on them all at once. 1v1, even the Tyranids would be in danger.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 824