Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971459 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: You are what you eat, so eat your greens.
« Reply #5790 on: August 21, 2016, 11:13:05 am »

I like to think it's perfection taken to mean exaggeration.
Like one day someone told lucius the eternal that scars are sexy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: August 21, 2016, 11:17:02 am »

My problem with it is that, as a critter who provides energy with emotions, how long before they spot some discomfort or another and capitalize on it?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: August 21, 2016, 11:25:08 am »

I like to think it's perfection taken to mean exaggeration.
Like one day someone told lucius the eternal that scars are sexy.

He was speaking to a painter who was a remembrancer for the Legion during the Great Crusade, and they would self-harm anytime they felt they made an error in their art as a reminder to improve, Lucius, at the time having wounded pride from losing a cage fight took this idea to heart and began carving open his flesh so deep it would scar anytime he felt his efforts in anything were less than perfect. Those scars are a tapestry telling the tale of his path to being the perfect swordsman, at least in his eyes.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5793 on: August 21, 2016, 11:57:56 am »

He was speaking to a painter who was a remembrancer for the Legion during the Great Crusade, and they would self-harm anytime they felt they made an error in their art as a reminder to improve
If I remember right, said painter was also the one who made a glorious painting with mixed shit, blood, urine, cum, whatever bodily fluids and pieces of a guy she murdered and keept in a barrel. She was Slanneshi corrupted all right, since she was in the Laer temple, but in the end she actually realized what the fuck was going on but in the end she suicided by killing herself next to the "only sane guy" sculptor (the one who made "perfect" statue of Big E) who has been nailed to his own statue by Fulgrim and who, through the whole thing, loved her and basically had no fucking idea why everyone was acting like they did (he was like only person who wasn't allowed to see Laer temple due to certain singer/musician venegance for rejecting her) which made him really sad.
Chaos is scary as fuck and there is not really a single good thing that can happen to you if you align with it.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: August 21, 2016, 12:16:01 pm »

He was speaking to a painter who was a remembrancer for the Legion during the Great Crusade, and they would self-harm anytime they felt they made an error in their art as a reminder to improve
If I remember right, said painter was also the one who made a glorious painting with mixed shit, blood, urine, cum, whatever bodily fluids and pieces of a guy she murdered and kept in a barrel.

Indeed she was. It's been a while since I read the book, but she had been self-harming for a very long time, I think that she found blood made a good addition to her paint one day while she was struggling with her painting after the Laer temple trip and the rest of her downward spiral started from there.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5795 on: August 21, 2016, 12:23:06 pm »

It wasn't on a big scale though. She was self-harming in... the way that seems normal (and I can understand it in some way, AND before someone starts, it wasn't in any way heretical even by 41st Millenium standards - remember that a lot of Imperials self-harm as a matter of repention), but after the Laer temple the Warp broke loose and all sorts of fucked up shit started.
She used a lot of her blood for her work, stopped eating and basically all the unhealthy obssesion stuff squared, started mixing not only blood in but the rest of stuff and finally murdered a guy to get easier and more plentiful source of blood and... "stuff". At least Fulgrim was delighted, until he finally got locked up in said painting.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: August 21, 2016, 12:27:42 pm »

Xenotech heresy hells yeah.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: August 21, 2016, 12:41:48 pm »

It wasn't on a big scale though. She was self-harming in... the way that seems normal (and I can understand it in some way, AND before someone starts, it wasn't in any way heretical even by 41st Millenium standards - remember that a lot of Imperials self-harm as a matter of repention)
This brings up an angle we don't don't see very often, but I personally think this is how most Chaos cults get started, as Imperial cult splinters. The Imperium doesn't have much religious tolerance, but what tolerance it does have is in choosing how you want to show your devotion to Big E. Of course, you can take a somewhat...alternate...focus just from the outset and become increasingly chaotic as the growth of the cult progresses.

A group that practices mortification of the flesh to please the Emperor and Slaaneshi cultists are just a few steps away from one another.

I remember seeing a mockup flyer that was like this somewhere. It was advertising a group that considered reproduction the primary duty of humanity to the Emperor.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: August 21, 2016, 12:47:14 pm »

Due to the nature of the Gods most activities humanity can engage in ultimately foster chaos corruption, if only in small amounts. Very few emotions and drives are not under their purview, and most of what remains falls under the righteous zeal of the Imperial Creed. To be human is to have to fight an endless battle against your baser urges and drives, and against the desire to understand and learn, or risk being taken wholly by malevolent beings born of the very essence of what makes humans human.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5799 on: August 21, 2016, 12:55:15 pm »

This brings up an angle we don't don't see very often, but I personally think this is how most Chaos cults get started, as Imperial cult splinters.
Three words - Death Cult Assassins.
They worship through bloodshed - some of them Emperor, some more fittingly Khorne. All of them are apparently crazed women in tight latex gimpsuits, extremly high heels and corsets, with an good amount of painful piercings on the areas that are free of latex (tits, parts of face).

They are sometimes used as a cheaper way of getting rid of someone than official Officio Assassinorum Assasins.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: August 21, 2016, 01:11:09 pm »

... odd you say we don't see it very often, msh. Splinter cult (or at least some of its members) going full heretic is a fairly common hook in the novels, from what I can recall. Seems like most of the time Chaos shows up there's at least some involvement of those things, if not necessarily the primary source of corruption.

Fairly sure there's been at least one or two cases of planets getting exterminatus'd because of an out of control cult that's been put to paper, even.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: August 21, 2016, 01:23:32 pm »

Meh Emperor is a 5/10, would not praise again.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5802 on: August 21, 2016, 03:05:36 pm »

Side note - Riptide is way bigger than I expected. Huh.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: August 21, 2016, 04:37:02 pm »

Side note - Riptide is way bigger than I expected. Huh.
They're supposed to be Imperial Knight analogue/responses in the latest retcon, if I remember right.

Takes two of them to kill/match one Imperial Knight, but Ion Shielding will do that for ya.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5804 on: August 21, 2016, 05:16:22 pm »

I guess this is not what you were looking for but it was pretty fun to draw something other than MORE LOYAL THAN YOU Imperials. It took me a while to get the Battlesuit right, though, but know your enemy, after all, eh?
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 824