Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965533 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: You are what you eat, so eat your greens.
« Reply #6090 on: August 29, 2016, 05:55:53 pm »

How long is the whole thing?
I think the main video is slated to be 20 minutes long.
I honestly feel like that it might be longer, since the prologue is like 8 minutes and it didin't touch on the storyline that was supposed to be in AT ALL. So, either they changed everything completly, or it will be much, much longer.
Just don't get outraged when it doesn't meet your expectations.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6091 on: August 29, 2016, 06:46:38 pm »

16 minutes (the original lenght, IIRC) is better than nothing, tbh.
But it seems unlikely to have literally half of the movie as a prologue that has barely anything to do with the actual plot.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: August 30, 2016, 12:54:24 am »

Mebe a miniseries?

Edit: Wait, if it was rendered real-time then that would mean they've basically modelled the entire city and cast already, right?
Because hot damn if that whole city is a digital set piece.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 12:59:04 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6093 on: August 30, 2016, 02:11:24 am »

Edit: Wait, if it was rendered real-time then that would mean they've basically modelled the entire city and cast already, right?
Because hot damn if that whole city is a digital set piece.
This feels like a game, honestly. Combined with what has been seen before (Grey Knights, Baneblades, all that stuff), I really, really, REALLY want to get my hands on all those high quality models.

AND THEN BROSDAU MAKES A JOKE AND GIVES US GAME INSTEAD OF MOVIE.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: August 30, 2016, 02:15:31 am »

"Suprise, that was actually the opening cutscene. lolz"
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: August 30, 2016, 02:27:47 am »

Nooo don't make me play as eternal inquisitor rapswagger.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: August 30, 2016, 03:00:28 am »

Depending on player choices, he either becomes less of an asshole or more.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: August 30, 2016, 03:03:51 am »

Unfortunately, the less ass choice results in him becoming a creepy soft-spoken freak who tells heretics everything will be alright and the Emperor is merciful as he murders them with various torture implements.

Also, he kills assassin-waifu because of fears of Slaaneshi corruption, and besides, you did choose the less ass route.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: August 30, 2016, 03:06:19 am »

No, you get ass regardless of choices. Obviously.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6099 on: August 30, 2016, 03:11:07 am »

Witcher style choices - latexed assasin ass or noble pale Psyker ass, with bonus heresy there and here, and a lot of chances for drama deaths. Perils of The Warp or knives in back during orgasms, eh.
Bonus points for beard growth and different hairstyles.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6100 on: August 30, 2016, 03:21:42 am »

It's weird to say it like this, but I think the best mixture would be with the stylistic cynicism of Witcher, the character-driven rpg system of Mass Effect, and the consequences of (wait for it) Corpse Party. The ideal combat system already partially exists in the THQ Space Marine game, just needs adjusting for squishy regular humans.

Now, why Corpse Party? Well, Inquisitors can get away with a lot of shit, but 40k's deadliness clashes hard with the character rpg style in spite of that clearly being the correct style. So, instead of making it feel restricted by limiting your choices (though high adherence to puritan standards should lock out some things), you can instead litter the story with BAD END paths and observe the unstoppable fall of your Inquisitor once you did some stupid shit you cannot be allowed to get away with in 40k. After your horrible death, it all reverts to a save before before BAD END (maybe with some snarky DA2/Tales from the Borderlands narration about how "and then everyone died!" is clearly not what actually happened or Big E/Tzeentch rewinding your fate) and lets you try again.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: August 30, 2016, 03:24:21 am »

STOP MAKING ME HYPE FOR THINGS THAT WON'T HAPPEN FOR AT LEAST 10 YEARS
*hype withdrawal sobs*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: August 30, 2016, 03:36:48 am »

STOP MAKING ME HYPE FOR THINGS THAT WON'T HAPPEN FOR AT LEAST 10 YEARS
*hype withdrawal sobs*
"You don't look very augmented for someone who was gutted by a Bloodthirster."

"That's the power of faith in our Emperor!"

"You also don't look like you came out of a grox, but I guess the proof is in the action, as you types like to say."

"Alright, so maybe I didn't personally lead the heroic charge into the jaws of the xenos."

"Were you even on this planet?"

"..."

"I swear!"

"So, just so I've got this down for the record: You manually detonated the malfunctioning Cyclonic Torpedo; utterly destroying the Segmentum Fortress World (which was then covered up by the Ordo Redactus to prevent a panic), while you yourself were saved from death by the personal intervention of the Emperor, but he decided to only make you a "half-Saint" because of your sinful relationship with one of His death cultists, which meant you were only revived as a normal human with no special abilities?"

"...Yes?"

*Various smashing sounds and incoherent shouting can be heard.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 03:40:43 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6103 on: August 30, 2016, 03:47:58 am »

Multiple endings, all of them bad (except one deathwish ending that requires maxed out characters, insane skill and luck to get away alive, exterminatus your enemies and bone dat booty in The Emperor name).

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: August 30, 2016, 06:17:18 am »

Sounds like prince of persia 1, where every time you fall to your death the narrator goes 'Wait, no, that's not how it happened'.

Witcher is more like 'Be a good person, or be a bad person if you want. But above all be a practical person or you're gonna regret all those 'nice' 'hopeful' mistakes you made.
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 824