Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965246 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Warhammer 40K thread: from the Warp it cameth forth: Plot Advancement.
« Reply #8070 on: January 19, 2017, 05:13:38 pm »

Man, Chaos would have a field day with you. All they'd have to tell you is that the current regime isn't truly doing what the Emperor would have wanted, and that it's up to you to rise up in His name and despose of them. And boom, they have another willing agent weakening the imperium from within, convinced with holy fury that's he's doing the 'right thing'. So many rebellions have started from people having a different intepretation of what they think the emperor would really want them to do.

In fact, even without any chaos or external threats, you're nicely showing why the Imperium as it is is doomed to a cycle of internal strife and bloody conflict: without big E himself stepping of the throne and telling people very directly what he wants, all it takes is some blokes going "hmm, they're not praising the emperor quite enough, let's fuck 'em up." to plunge humanity into more futile self-harm.
You're clearly spreading dissent - first you say that praising the Emperor is bad and then you claim this isin't what Emperor would have wanted. You're clearly Chaos lackey wanting to sow an seed of doubt in my heart, but I shall let you know that you have failed, for I will never stop praising the Immortal God-Emperor of Mankind, for he is the saviour of humanity and from His Golden Throne, He leads us to glorious future!
PRAISE THE EMPEROR!
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: January 19, 2017, 05:17:37 pm »

RC is the thread governor, his powers are granted by empra himself. Dissent against thread government is heresy, heretic.

Man-emperor protects.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: January 19, 2017, 05:33:50 pm »

I do particularly like that one thing that speculates on what happens after Emps dies. I forget the name of it? Some of the ideas in it are a little campy of deus ex machina, but it's actually a pretty good read.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: January 19, 2017, 06:07:14 pm »

Shape of the nightmare to come, i think.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8074 on: January 19, 2017, 07:35:18 pm »

RC is the thread governor, his powers are granted by empra himself. Dissent against thread government is heresy, heretic.

Man-emperor protects.
No man is safe from the taint of corruption! The thread governor is clearly a heretic! But worry not, Loyal Imperial Citizens, the Inquisiton has been informed of this treachery! May this sacrilege not stop, the Exterminatus shall follow!

PRAISE THE EMPEROR!

I do particularly like that one thing that speculates on what happens after Emps dies. I forget the name of it? Some of the ideas in it are a little campy of deus ex machina, but it's actually a pretty good read.
Indeed, it's called Warhammer 50K: The Shape Of The Nightmare To Come.
There's also Warhammer 60K: Age of Dusk.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: January 19, 2017, 07:35:55 pm »

Emperor is just manifestation of Omnissiah
No he's not. The Emperor isn't the "manifestation" of the Omnissiah, he IS the Omnissiah. Saying he's the "manifestation" of the Omnissiah is like saying Jesus is the "manifestation" of the Messiah. Jesus IS the Messiah, the Emperor IS the Omnissiah.

What the Omnissiah is is the avatar of the Machine God, who is the god of all machines and knowledge. In this way, the Emperor, as he is the Omnissiah, is the physical avatar of the Machine God, and as he is the physical avatar of the Machine God, he is the Omnissiah.

Shape of the nightmare to come, i think.
Indeed, it's called Warhammer 50K: The Shape Of The Nightmare To Come.
There's also Warhammer 60K: Age of Dusk.
It is foul, foul heresy. You should ignore it and cast it from your mind.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 07:49:45 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: January 19, 2017, 09:21:46 pm »

GREAT. Now I have to go and read all of 60k in one sitting! Lol. Thanks!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: January 20, 2017, 12:50:37 am »

Guys, you have to read this! It's hilarious! It's basically the Fall of Cadia as written by the Imperium's propaganda machine.
https://regimental-standard.com/2017/01/18/cadia-another-imperial-victory/
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: January 20, 2017, 01:20:18 am »

Oh my Emperor that chart.
That is short and very sweet.
Thank you, CREEEEEEEEEEED, thank you.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8080 on: January 20, 2017, 06:00:21 am »

Well, it was kinda not bad, you could kinda name it a victory for Imperium, since it was a phyrric victory for Chaos, at best, considering what Fall of Cadia did to Eye of Terror.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: January 20, 2017, 06:50:06 am »

Wait, Cadia fell, when?!??
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: WH40K thread: Happy Fistmas from your friends at the WH40K thread!
« Reply #8082 on: January 20, 2017, 06:53:44 am »

Spoiler: Basically: (click to show/hide)
And that in just one book from a series called "Gathering Storm" or something along the lines... PLOT ADVANCEMENT, BATTLE BROTHERS, PREPARE FOR THE PLOT ADVANCEMENT!
Spoiler: Basically yes (click to show/hide)
In the end this isint a complete fuckup like AoS or those multiple End Times from FB, as status quo is more or less mantained for now, but its a cool piece of lore that gives hope for some Fun Times.
EDIT:
Spoiler: Also: (click to show/hide)
EDIT2:
If you think about it, Regimental Standard isin't far from truth - with the Cadian Gate getting bigger Cadia would no longer be a major base, Chaos took severe losses, Cadians are going to be pissed and Creed might as well be leading another attack against enemies of the Imperium due to Trollzyn trolls.[/colour]
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 07:07:08 am by Kot »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: January 20, 2017, 08:34:36 am »

is it anywhere established what Big E would have done were he not Fed in the D by H?

lets say he lived and had all his dangly bits on still.  what do E?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: January 20, 2017, 08:51:39 am »

Had immense difficulty putting down innumerable insurrections and civil wars?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 824