Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965369 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K thread: from the Warp it cameth forth: Plot Advancement.
« Reply #8340 on: February 14, 2017, 04:14:13 pm »

They need to make that shit canon asap. It'd be amazing that he was actually a cool dude and is appalled at all the shit that got broken while he was out. So now he has to go around and fix it with a band of merry misfits in a galaxy spanning mockumentary style sitcom. I'm drawing a blank on a potential name but that can be worked out later, GWS we all know you're whoring out your license, so do us all a favor and make this a thing, pretty please?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8341 on: February 14, 2017, 04:36:40 pm »

All of Ward's misadventures aside, Girlyman is very much one of the most reasonable Primarchs. He really only stirred up trouble with Angron (not exactly a high bar here), tried to make sure the Astartes would have a purpose once the galaxy was pacified, ruled Ultramar well enough that even 10k years later they're better worlds than the rest of the Imperium, and is one of the few superhumans with any degree of humility or at least pragmatic humility, as shown by Imperium Secundus.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8342 on: February 14, 2017, 04:57:20 pm »

lol

in case of cadia falling please break
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8343 on: February 14, 2017, 04:59:28 pm »

All of Ward's misadventures aside, Girlyman is very much one of the most reasonable Primarchs. He really only stirred up trouble with Angron (not exactly a high bar here), tried to make sure the Astartes would have a purpose once the galaxy was pacified, ruled Ultramar well enough that even 10k years later they're better worlds than the rest of the Imperium, and is one of the few superhumans with any degree of humility or at least pragmatic humility, as shown by Imperium Secundus.

Like all the other primarchs though, he's still subject to fits of apoplectic rage. The difference is he tends to walk back from it afterward. I think the only two primarchs I've ever read about who didn't just explode on someone are Sanguinius and the Khan. Even Vulkan was prone to:

Occasionally IIRC. If it's one thing I hate about the Primarch writing, it's their propensity to growl, snarl or thunder constantly.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8344 on: February 14, 2017, 05:03:00 pm »

Umm  why isnt there more fluff about khan?  I know next to nothing about the glorious kneehigh leathers jetbike junkie
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8345 on: February 14, 2017, 08:04:48 pm »

There's little fluff about the Khan because he says very little and does even less. You'd think I'm joking but I'm not. He basically spent the Heresy following orders, then sitting in the middle of nowhere brooding, then being boxed in by the traitors, then running for Terra. The bulk of White Scars books are about the Brotherhoods doing their thing, not what the Khan thinks or says or does. The Khan is just sort of floating above most of it as context. He fought a daemon or something in the last book I read, while being chased almost to extinction by the Traitor Legions. On the one hand, it's refreshing to have a chapter that is sort of above the conflict, who just do what they do because they were born to do it. On the other hand....it makes for some directionless meandering books when they don't really have a firm goal.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 08:07:32 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8346 on: February 14, 2017, 08:10:46 pm »

Not only that, but Khan and the White Scars were centered around the Eastern Fringe, and so were flung far from the Imperium. Khan actually spent most of the Heresy neutral instead of as a loyalist, and nearly joined Horus until he found out about the whole "and then daemons, which are a real thing, will flood into real space and rapturously sunder the flesh of humanity as we tear towards the absolute end" thing.

The White Scars themselves had a rather severe number of traitors, as Khan explicitly permitted the warrior lodges to meet because he thought it would be tyrannical to bar them. Khan's not a big fan of tyranny, and was always rather lukewarm towards the Imperium. He even defied the Edict of Nikea alongside Magnus, by disbanding the Librarium in name and then conspicuously not checking to see if they actually stopped using psychic disciplines.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 08:12:38 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8347 on: February 14, 2017, 10:16:19 pm »

Umm  why isnt there more fluff about khan?  I know next to nothing about the glorious kneehigh leathers jetbike junkie
It's canon that Khan was camera shy

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8348 on: February 15, 2017, 04:24:30 am »

It's canon that Khan was camera shy

That's why he's spent the last ten thousand years in the webway with the dark elder Paparazzo cabal, training his confidence for prime time ImperialTV appearance.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8349 on: February 15, 2017, 04:41:09 am »

Meanwhile in me-land I'm still staring wistfully at the Exalted Sorceror box. About time Chaos didn't have to deal with the awful sub-par captain-sorceror statlines and the chaptermaster-chaos lord statlines.

Also gearing up for kill teams in a month.
My team are freebootaz.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8350 on: February 15, 2017, 05:13:10 am »

Wow they are painted really nice.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: February 15, 2017, 01:29:31 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tkLYFdled4&t=314s

20 minutes of coop gameplay. Would have put it in its own thread but Inquisitor Martyr doesn't have one, and no one has been hyped enough to make one.

Gotta say, for having been in development this long.....I'm not super impressed. The action seems anemic, repetitive and boring. Might be because there's no sound track, no character audio or barks. But still, that wouldn't cover up the basic, plodding nature of the game. Probably won't touch this one until it's on sale. They're already showing the launch trailer so I doubt it is going to change much by release.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 02:28:52 pm by nenjin »

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: February 15, 2017, 01:40:58 pm »

Meanwhile in me-land I'm still staring wistfully at the Exalted Sorceror box. About time Chaos didn't have to deal with the awful sub-par captain-sorceror statlines and the chaptermaster-chaos lord statlines.

It's worse than you think, Chaos Lords have the statline of Captains in all the ways that matter (wounds, attacks), and Sorcerer's are identical to Librarians other than being able to take ML3.  :(

The Chaos equivalent of the Chapter Master is the Daemon Prince, which in many ways sums up everything wrong with chaos at the moment.

I have used Exalted's though, and other than them being forced to take the Mark of Tzeench they're pretty good, if you can get the right power combinations on them they can be nigh invulnerable to damage.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8353 on: February 15, 2017, 01:59:50 pm »

So who's gonna be the new poster boy of IG, now that Cadia asplode

My finger's on Catachan, Krieg or Steel Legions. I'd be down with the Pith helmet and Mordian helmet guardsmen too, but they're unlikely compared to the grimdark aesthetic of the others
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also lmao I did not know how joyful it is to see Kriegers executing their commissars for cowardice

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: February 15, 2017, 02:28:00 pm »

Wouldn't be Catachans. They're infamous for their non-regulation tactics and attitude. Wouldn't do for 40k to have your poster boy for the IG actively thumbing its nose at its strictures.
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 824