Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965173 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K thread: from the Warp it cameth forth: Plot Advancement.
« Reply #8475 on: March 13, 2017, 02:20:32 am »

Kill team Orks going well
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've got an Escalation tournament coming up (Kill team through to 2kpts)
Question is, should I play Tau or Guard?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8476 on: March 13, 2017, 10:44:52 am »

Well, do you want to get BLAMMED or do you want to make the Emprah proud? It's really a non-question.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8477 on: March 13, 2017, 01:41:41 pm »

-Imperial guard
-Not getting blammed

Good one.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8478 on: March 13, 2017, 02:01:29 pm »

The Emperor only BLAMS you because he cares about your immortal soul. It's a BLAM of love.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8479 on: March 13, 2017, 07:42:18 pm »

The Emperor only BANGS you because he cares about your immortal soul. It's a BANG of love.
FTFY
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8480 on: March 13, 2017, 08:27:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm working on some Thousand Sons, and rather than doing the traditional Prodigal Sons colours, which is the dark blue and gold worn by Ahriman, I'm thinking I might go with the Crimson Sons, an alternate scheme from Wrath of Magnus worn by one of the other sorcerers who helped with the Rubric and his warband. It resembles the Legions original scheme and is a tribute to Magnus' own flesh.

I actually think the warmer red colours complement the Egyptian aesthetic better than the colder blues used by the other schemes. It looks more striking. It also contrasts the traditional green eyes better.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8481 on: March 14, 2017, 06:35:38 am »

Good work as always Grim.
Is there some kind of leather on the hand?
I know oldschool sorcerers had gloves, but then again they were far busier models.

Haven't actually bought any of the newschool Ksons actually... (Actually that's a lie, I have some scarabs)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8482 on: March 14, 2017, 07:28:46 am »

The only downside is that, of course, red and gold are the traditional colours of Khornates, so you might encounter some confusion about how you painted your dudes.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8483 on: March 14, 2017, 08:51:44 am »

Good work as always Grim.
Is there some kind of leather on the hand?
I know oldschool sorcerers had gloves, but then again they were far busier models.

Haven't actually bought any of the newschool Ksons actually... (Actually that's a lie, I have some scarabs)

The black part is the soft meshweave/ribbing stuff found on the back of the knees and in the elbow joints. The palm and wrist are made of it rather than armoured, for obvious reasons, it's just normally obscured by a pistol grip or sword hilt or similar.

I really like the new Ksons models, and am actually waiting on a delivery with Magnus and some Scarab Occult in it.

I do wish they had better rules though, termies were overpriced as it is and Ksons just made it worse, even if you get a cheap sorcerer with the unit. Though I do hear a maxed out War Cabal can be okay.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 09:08:02 am by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8484 on: March 14, 2017, 10:34:50 am »

I don't know why I always thought their palms were armoured...
Yeah that makes sense.

"Maxed out" is ridiculous.
4 barebones sorcerors, 3 rubric squads and 3 occult squads is still a gigantic number of points.

I don't really like the scarab occults, but the ML2 2W sorceror is okay. I'd prefer them to be in cataphractii (Because now only the scarabs aren't slow and purposeful) but I can understand how that'd make the invulns a little overpowered.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8485 on: March 14, 2017, 12:33:42 pm »

Maxed out Cabal is meant to only really be properly doable in 2k+ games, which are fortunately for me the normal range in my local club. I hear most others are stuck with 1k to 1850, and I can only feel sorry for them, since so many armies don't perform well under 2k. I think I saw some lists squeezing the War Cabal into 1850 though, and while a bit bare it looked.... meh, but less terrible than it could be.

As is the sons in general are waaaaay too expensive. A rubric is 10 points more than a normal marine, and the aspiring sorc is 40 more points than a normal champion. If they got a 5 or so point discount per model they might actually be nearly usable. The Scarab Occult would honestly be better priced at just 30 ppm, but that ties into normal terminators being worth only maybe 20 points in practice and being priced at 30-40.

But they look awesome and Magnus is tied with Angron for mys favorite primarch, and their legions are also tied for my favorite these days, so I'm basically driven to get some of the poor useless things. At least WE are good now, so it's not all bad.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8486 on: March 14, 2017, 01:01:17 pm »

WE are okay.. not sure how I feel about their Infantry-centric formations either.
Or does the inadequacy of troops diminish in >2000pt games?

As for small-points games, I've found that rubrics tend to screw over the AP3-spam you tend to see. They tend to attract far more leman russ fire than is smart.... but yeah, when it's simple Marines and fire warriors shooting them to bits, they feel very overcosted.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8487 on: March 14, 2017, 01:10:52 pm »

WE are okay.. not sure how I feel about their Infantry-centric formations either.
Or does the inadequacy of troops diminish in >2000pt games?

It's more that the inadequacy of Chaos diminishes in bigger games, but WE are a huge boon to all non-vehicles when taken in their detachment. Average 7" free movement at the start of the game gets you more or less guaranteed turn 2 charges army wide, and some units get turn 1 charges, which together massively compensates for the problem of getting shot tons before you reach the enemy.

Bikers/raptors are still way better than normal WE marines, but next to Alpha Legion and Deathguard WE have the best support for the basic slave to darkness.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8488 on: March 14, 2017, 01:38:36 pm »

I love the actual tabletop discussion, but I have to ask if you don't mind...  Who are WE?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8489 on: March 14, 2017, 01:57:47 pm »

World Eaters. Angron's legion.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 824