Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965338 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K thread: from the Warp it cameth forth: Plot Advancement.
« Reply #8610 on: April 22, 2017, 10:46:52 pm »

Is it true GW actively works against unofficial models? Like... is there a rule in the rulebook that specifically bans them as a FU?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8611 on: April 23, 2017, 05:55:30 am »

Cannot use non geedub paint or glue in stores, counts-as rules are haram and unofficial models are banned from tournies. There's nothing stopping you from using mantic models or self-made models or bottle caps or pieces of paper with words written on them in your own games though

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8612 on: April 23, 2017, 06:01:07 am »

How can "I hope all your crops and livestock die, your manhood fall off and you all get fucked in the ass by elephants in vengance from what you did to Warhammer Fantasy" be a positive comunity feedback?

Matt Ward and Goto haven't been fired to the sun from a cannon yet? Then this isn't a new GA at all.

Sometimes I which they go under and another company with better principles and more sanity pick up the IP. But with our luck EA or worst would end up somewhat owning that.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 06:02:56 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8613 on: April 23, 2017, 06:05:20 am »

How can "I hope all your crops and livestock die, your manhood fall off and you all get fucked in the ass by elephants in vengance from what you did to Warhammer Fantasy" be a positive comunity feedback?
It's an improvement from the community giving feedback via incoherent REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEing

Sometimes I which they go under and another company with better principles and more sanity pick up the IP. But with our luck EA or worst would end up somewhat owning that.
On the bright side the IP is so bloated nothing can really kill it. It's nurgle IP, there's always good enough lore to go around

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8614 on: April 23, 2017, 06:34:56 am »

That was actually everyone's best odds for the company for a while there.
But ever since they started doing the 'New GW' stuff and 'Fired the CEO', it's been booming larger than ever, so I doubt it.

Also:
They actively shop out their IP to the worst possible developers.
I am a moderate fanboy of Creative Assembly, and an ex-fanboy of Relic, so I take exception to that assertion.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8615 on: April 23, 2017, 07:10:35 am »

Total Warhammer is lacking as fuck and DoW3 is... not a bad game but not what people asked for.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8616 on: April 23, 2017, 07:45:50 am »

In my opinion it's one of the best Total War games to be released since Sega bought the horse.
Honestly cannot think of a way in which it's lacking. The last Total War game I anything near respected was Shogun II, and the differences in DLC policy alone are worthy of praise.
Well, if not praise, then a lesser beating.

AI'll admit, "they're less shit" doesn't sell them as something other than "the worst possible developers" but where else am I going to go for that type of RTS.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8617 on: April 23, 2017, 08:59:53 am »

KIIIISLEEEEVVVV.

Also, Imperial Guard tactics.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8618 on: April 23, 2017, 09:52:44 am »

In my opinion it's one of the best Total War games to be released since Sega bought the horse.
Honestly cannot think of a way in which it's lacking. The last Total War game I anything near respected was Shogun II, and the differences in DLC policy alone are worthy of praise.
Well, if not praise, then a lesser beating.

AI'll admit, "they're less shit" doesn't sell them as something other than "the worst possible developers" but where else am I going to go for that type of RTS.
Out of curiosity, would you recommend Total War Warhammer for someone who hasn't poked around Total War, but rather likes Warhammer?

Because Lionheartx10's playthrough is garnering my attention.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8619 on: April 23, 2017, 09:58:49 am »

Ironically, Total Warhammer is the only Total War that actually avoids this. Units (except artillery, they give no fucks) won't fire if their friends are on the way.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8620 on: April 23, 2017, 10:38:23 am »

Honestly cannot think of a way in which it's lacking.
Naval battles
Reload animations
Real sieges
Real underworld representation
More factions
All the Warhammer world map
Span over a bigger time period
Emperor elections
Not charge two expansions as two new games only because you can run each one separately.

And that (except the last one) is only on the Warhammer lore side.

If one want to be pesky over the Total War or Strategic part of the game:
Supply and manpower mechanics
More politics
Battlemaps for field battles representing the current location on the strat map
Better or more deep taxation and economy mechanics
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 10:41:58 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8621 on: April 23, 2017, 10:52:28 am »

Honestly cannot think of a way in which it's lacking.
-snip-
40GB game
40GB game
40GB game
Etc
(Edit: with the exception of Emperor elections which is just ridiculous. Karl Franz does not get ousted.)

They've already been really transparent about why the majority of those things exist, which to me only further endears them.

Recommendation?
Not sure I'm the most unbiased source of info on this. It's sad to say but being raised on Shogun 1 means I basically will take anything CA pisses out as pure gold.

Uh, it's a weird style of gameplay to someone not used to it, but it has blown all of their other titles out of the water so that either means it's kind to new players, or most people don't like historical games.

One thing I'll say is that Sega don't usually go in for "Gold" or "Goty" editions, (or haven't yet), so you don't have to worry about missing an 'all DLC pack' any time soon.
But who knows! This is a triple. They might pull a bunch of shtick by the time the third one pops.

The marketing team is basically as bad as the game is good, far as I can see. Makes them a real match for GW.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 10:54:06 am by Tack »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8622 on: April 23, 2017, 11:37:44 am »

i still am waiting for rtw with I bugfixes and bettrr graphics.

dont fuck with the mechanics.  make the ai better at not eating your bum like it was a pinapple cake
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8623 on: April 23, 2017, 02:58:34 pm »

KIIIISLEEEEVVVV.

Not quite, that Commissar isn't executing anyone for cowardice.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8624 on: April 23, 2017, 03:53:43 pm »

The GIF cuts off just before execution of the last row for being ineffective.
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 824