Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971756 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K thread: from the Warp it cameth forth: Plot Advancement.
« Reply #8715 on: May 01, 2017, 09:39:11 am »

Dunno, that guy has been one the throne for ten millenia and hasn't finished being on there yet :P

He feels like someone who has undue importance thrust upon him though. Which... given the setting, is kind of exactly why he is important.

That guy feels like an American Bank... Too big to fail... Yet too bloated to really do anything.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8716 on: May 01, 2017, 09:57:58 am »

He feels like someone who has undue importance thrust upon him though.
U wot m8
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8717 on: May 01, 2017, 10:14:04 am »

A man literally builds a galaxy-spanning empire within a generation. It's like Rome, but instead of happening over several centuries, it occurred within the life and leadership of a single (incredibly amazing) man, and also the empire is several orders of magnitude larger and grew to encompass most of known space, and also the dude is a ridiculously amazing scientist in addition to a psychic being of literally unmatched strength and also probably immortal.

And also he goes around in golden armor with a flaming sword. I mean really the dude's biggest flaw appears to be not realizing that he was going to be deified, which is, admittedly, a huge flaw because it's utterly baffling.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8718 on: May 01, 2017, 10:25:09 am »

And you know... the whole being a baby eating Lich thing.

Unless they retconned that and he went vegan with the tofu being so nutritious he could survive off of just that.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 10:26:41 am by Neonivek »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8719 on: May 01, 2017, 10:47:37 am »

The one thing we can be sure off is GW doing a travesty of themselves with the amazing lore at their disposal. It's they trademarked and patented Bozzo business model.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8720 on: May 01, 2017, 10:51:17 am »

Inb4 40k becomes a saturday morning cartoon whose main purpose is to sell minis.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8721 on: May 01, 2017, 11:22:58 am »

Inb4 40k becomes a saturday morning cartoon whose main purpose is to sell minis.

I somehow feel like that wouldn't change anything.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8722 on: May 01, 2017, 11:29:49 am »

chaos can canonically be about so, due to the power structure and how warp works.

captain pollution is very much lawful evil nurgle worshipper.
litterman is ... not so much.
but the arbitrariness of a lot of smcv is explainable by 'warp power'.  destroying worlds makes a lot of sense if done as an offering.  khorne most readily fits the villian formula.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8723 on: May 01, 2017, 11:36:19 am »

Teenage
Mutant
Ninja
Cultists
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: May 01, 2017, 12:22:57 pm »

Teenage
Mutant
Ninja
Cultists

I can already see Fabulous Bile leading a ragtag band of dumb mutant sidekicks and abbadon dressed as shredder.

Also, Thunderwarriors, ho!
And we must not forget our hero, He-Guilliman
And Necrons Alive!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 12:26:53 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8725 on: May 01, 2017, 10:36:55 pm »

Wait, wait, wait, everyone slow down. We're discussing what's going to change, and I don't even know what the fuck is going on! Is there some tangible product behind this teaser trailer of sorts? Is it an update to the lore/retcons galore or a new novel? I am very confused. Is GWS end-times-ing us?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8726 on: May 02, 2017, 04:22:23 am »

Wait, wait, wait, everyone slow down. We're discussing what's going to change, and I don't even know what the fuck is going on! Is there some tangible product behind this teaser trailer of sorts? Is it an update to the lore/retcons galore or a new novel? I am very confused. Is GWS end-times-ing us?
Are you aware of a certain book that came out a while ago called Fall of Cadia?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8727 on: May 02, 2017, 11:02:36 am »

Warhammer 40k is moving into it's 8th edition soon, either June or July I forget which. The timeline is progressing past 999 M41 and into M42, which has normally been the hardcap on event times.

The 13th Black Crusade has begun properly, and will presumably be a big part of the new setting. Cadia has been destroyed, cracked in pieces by Abaddon. With Cadia gone the Galaxy has been riven in twain by warp storms, and half the Imperium has been cut off from Terra except through small stable warp routes. The newly awoken Guilliman and Archmagos Cawl have devised a way to more rapidly produce marines that Cawl has been working on for 8000+ years, as well as new gear for these new marines to use, and now a bunch will be getting made and deployed to hold back Chaos. The Ynnead aligned Eldar are nominally allied with the Imperium against Chaos. What's going on with everyone else we still don't know.

Mechanically the game is being simplified. Special rules will be found in the units that have them's rules, vehicles and MCs will now work the same way more or less, and a bunch of smaller rules are gone or folded into the main rules they form exceptions to. In total the new core rules are supposed to be just 17 pages. To hit rolls are now done on a fixed number, cover improves a units saving throw, armour pen is gone and replaced by save reducers ala Fantasy/AoS/Old 40k. Pistols can be fired in close quarters. Blah-de-blah-de-blah, bunch of changes, core concept stays the same.

Everything is supposed to be getting new rules on the release day, and it's supposed to be updated yearly, rather than the erratic schedule currently used.

I am surprised you aren't aware of this, 8th edition has been anticipated since peopel realised how shitty 7th was balance wise, and people have been wanting Abaddon to get off his arse and do stuff for decades.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8728 on: May 02, 2017, 11:47:59 am »

I don't tabletop, so edition changes aren't on the top of my newsfeed, but thank you for explaining it for me. Mixed feelings. Could be good to get some new content up in this Tzeentch, but considering how bad End Times was for WHFB, I'm a little worried. Also, hella Deuz Ex Machina going on terms of the plot--and not in a Chaos God sort of way either (though I'm sure there's that too.)
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: May 02, 2017, 12:08:10 pm »

The setting is basically reascending to a HH2 type scenario. Rather than ailing and pitiable mortals fighting in the shadows of dead gods to fend off the growing darkness, the setting is returning to the might and glory of the old days of most of the factions, with gods and angels clashing among the burning stars to seize destiny by the throat as the true blackness of the outer void rises to claim all in it's hungry embrace.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 824