Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 971371 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #10725 on: November 17, 2018, 01:17:34 pm »

You mean Necrons every race all races.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #10726 on: November 17, 2018, 01:52:03 pm »

Do you want Reapers? Because this is how you get Reapers.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10727 on: November 17, 2018, 02:53:49 pm »

What if we created some manner of iron men with awesome intelligence to combat chaos? :D

It's pretty interesting and kinda funny that the AI of even basic items have more "soul" than certain humans.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10728 on: November 17, 2018, 03:32:56 pm »

What if we created some manner of iron men with awesome intelligence to combat chaos? :D

Nothing bad could possibly result
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10729 on: November 17, 2018, 05:50:24 pm »

It's pretty interesting and kinda funny that the AI of even basic items have more "soul" than certain humans.
That's not even inherently bad or that they're lacking in some way. Warp is just funky like that, and there are materials and machines that in some way work like blanks, suppress psychic energies or even shoot negative energies like psycannons. There are Null Rods, Psy-Jammers and other funky shit, and Gellar Field in a way works in a related way that anchors to reality.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10731 on: November 19, 2018, 04:59:34 pm »

Imagine a ship getting lost in the warp, damaged so as to leak, then one day crashing onto an unsuspecting world, where it begins to unfurl its nitrates, initiating massive fungal and algae blooms, and inevitably, daemons.

Imagine chaos tainted brownwater, the foulest bathroom golems made manifest upon some poor agriworld.

But what does happen with waste anywho?  Isn't it recycled into low-quality rations?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 05:01:13 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10732 on: November 19, 2018, 05:17:36 pm »

There is one very obvious solution. Throw it into the warp. When warp drive fails in warp, the ship doesn't get dragged out, just stays there, so presumably you could vent tons of poop into Immaterium. I'm not sure if this would have a significant impact on Nurgle, since, well, it's position doesn't matter in terms of emotional energies, so might as well.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10733 on: November 19, 2018, 05:38:53 pm »

There is one very obvious solution. Throw it into the warp. When warp drive fails in warp, the ship doesn't get dragged out, just stays there, so presumably you could vent tons of poop into Immaterium. I'm not sure if this would have a significant impact on Nurgle, since, well, it's position doesn't matter in terms of emotional energies, so might as well.
By throwing poop into the warp you are empowering Nurgle. Which is heresy. And that is horrible.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10734 on: November 19, 2018, 05:51:34 pm »

By throwing poop into the warp you are empowering Nurgle. Which is heresy. And that is horrible.
No, that's the point. There is no difference. Nurgle gets the same power from tanks festering under the Hive City as he gets from shit in Warp.
EDIT: And to boot, festering shit in Warp is safer than under a Hive City, since if someone uses it as a base for a Nurgle cult, it's in Eye Of Terror or something, not on a Hive City.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 06:02:33 pm by Kot »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10735 on: November 19, 2018, 06:32:09 pm »

No, that's the point. There is no difference. Nurgle gets the same power from tanks festering under the Hive City as he gets from shit in Warp.
EDIT: And to boot, festering shit in Warp is safer than under a Hive City, since if someone uses it as a base for a Nurgle cult, it's in Eye Of Terror or something, not on a Hive City.
Smells like an excuse made up by a Nurglite.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10736 on: November 19, 2018, 07:07:50 pm »

Smells like an excuse made up by a Nurglite.
I'm pretty sure throwing shit into Warp actually removes it's psychical imprint that warp beings could easily feed off. Like, if Warp beings could feed of energies that are created inside the warp, then the whole thing where Chaos would fail in long run if Emperor died wouldn't be true. Just have giant tanks of shit festering in warp, at least Nurgle would be happy. I'm actually not really sure if that would be the case, but it surely sounds like a hilarious solution. Worst case scenario, just get a hold of a webway gate and pump shit down there.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10737 on: November 19, 2018, 07:15:03 pm »

But what does happen with waste anywho?  Isn't it recycled into low-quality rations?

I was actually curious enough to do the math on this. If we assume a Gothic-class cruiser with a complement of 100,000 (canonically ~95,000), we can expect 26 kiloliters of solid waste per day.  Given a main hull 5 km long and 0.5 km wide/tall (0.8 km at the fins, and I'm estimating), it'd take 1300 years to fill even 1% of the ship's volume, and if I recall Rogue Trader correctly they doctrinally operate for months to years between resupply. Explorator fleets take longer, of course, but particular mention is made of their exceptional endurance.

Thus, what happens with waste is probably nothing until it's offloaded as part of resupply; there may be systems on the ship intended to deal with it, but given the general state of disrepair on Imperial void craft and the lack of any urgent need to do more than cart it around I wouldn't be surprised if they were scrapped to simplify maintenance.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10738 on: November 19, 2018, 07:23:03 pm »

I was actually curious enough to do the math on this. If we assume a Gothic-class cruiser with a complement of 100,000 (canonically ~95,000), we can expect 26 kiloliters of solid waste per day.  Given a main hull 5 km long and 0.5 km wide/tall (0.8 km at the fins, and I'm estimating), it'd take 1300 years to fill even 1% of the ship's volume, and if I recall Rogue Trader correctly they doctrinally operate for months to years between resupply. Explorator fleets take longer, of course, but particular mention is made of their exceptional endurance.

Thus, what happens with waste is probably nothing until it's offloaded as part of resupply; there may be systems on the ship intended to deal with it, but given the general state of disrepair on Imperial void craft and the lack of any urgent need to do more than cart it around I wouldn't be surprised if they were scrapped to simplify maintenance.
I think the point is that there's a somewhat bigger problem with waste on hive cities, which import a lot of food. After couple thousand years you probably have quite a lot of shit around.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10739 on: November 19, 2018, 07:38:24 pm »

Its usually referred to as 'gangers' when its on a hive world.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 824