Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 965230 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Also to note, not every chapter follows the same procedure for implantation and gene-therapy. The Blood Angels train their aspirants with very little modification until they undergo Insanguination, where they put them in a sarcophagus (which is really a fancy medical capsule) and use the blood of the primarch as the trigger to activate the geneseed. They go in as boys with very few implanted organs, and come out weeks and months later as a fully developed Space Marine.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

If they do make FSM I hope they keep them separate from the Sororitas. 40k has enough problems with regular badasses having their thunder stolen by spess mahrines

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Sororitas would get their thunder stolen anyway if that actually happened.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

Sororitas will at least never live down getting sacrificed by gray knights that one time.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

That is at least noncanon now, right?  Seems like I read that somewhere.

Anyway, yes, I'd say the Sororitas are another good reason GW won't ever make female marines.  It would compete too much in addition to butchering the lore.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Yes, it's retconned. However, I don't think people are going to forget it anytime soon. Ultramarines got turned from pretty cool Space Romans into pretty universally meme'd Ultrasmurfs due to the same man, one and only Matt Ward, and the Bloodtide Rising will be cited as a proof of Grey Knights turning from last resort Secret Marines into Mary Sue Chapter for long time.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Welp. Boss Kankracka has just killed two knights in one game

His pet Squig got the killing blow on the first one.

I really don’t know how I can go higher then this. Mortarion maybe? Or perhaps a titan.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

Meanwhile, I've had less luck against my brother's tau in the last two games we played.  We've been keeping it simple and just playing to annihilation of the army, which may or may not have a significant impact on my success rate if we ever start playing properly with objectives.

In any case, I've found crisis suits to be supremely irritating bullet sponges.  My plan to use my predator to one-shot them with its 3 damage autocannon didn't work out when they appeared from deep strike next to it and blew it away in the first turn.  It took an unreasonable amount of fire from heavy bolters from razorbacks and devastators to even clear out the drones, much less injure the suits themselves.  I'd have probably done better if my plasma devastators survived the first turn too, who all died to pathfinders of all things...

I was considering swapping out some heavy support options to get two more predators so I could use the stratagem for extra damage against vehicles (I'd really like to kill the riptide again one day...), but upon looking at, I'm not sure it's even worth it.  It feels like you lose some flexibility by taking so many predators, and the stratagem doesn't even help all that much for its CP cost.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

Yes, it's retconned. However, I don't think people are going to forget it anytime soon. Ultramarines got turned from pretty cool Space Romans into pretty universally meme'd Ultrasmurfs due to the same man, one and only Matt Ward, and the Bloodtide Rising will be cited as a proof of Grey Knights turning from last resort Secret Marines into Mary Sue Chapter for long time.

Dont ever pronounce that demons name again!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Lol he's like Freddy and haunts your dreams.

Surpirsed at least one fluff character isnt a freddy-like assassin demon
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

Lol he's like Freddy and haunts your dreams.

Surpirsed at least one fluff character isnt a freddy-like assassin demon

Closest you'd get is maybe that zoanthrope that like ate a craftworld.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

During some musings with my brother it has occurred to me that FFGs Black Crusade has a lot of enemies that would make appropriate challenges for a Chaos Knights party. I'd forgotten they statted up so many titan sized enemies in the splatbooks.

And based on a rough estimate of what a knight would be like based on a leman russ' statblock it would actually be quite doable to have a party of knights rampaging through the galaxy mowing through hordes and normal vehicles and dueling other giant warmachines as bosses.

I now really want to play/run a game with such a premise. I'll need to see if I can find anyone whose schedule works for it in my local.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And based on a rough estimate of what a knight would be like based on a leman russ' statblock it would actually be quite doable to have a party of knights rampaging through the galaxy mowing through hordes and normal vehicles and dueling other giant warmachines as bosses.

That sounds amazingly fun. Would PCs who accrue too much Corruption become Daemon Knights instead of Chaos Spawn?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

That sounds super cool.

That sounds amazingly fun. Would PCs who accrue too much Corruption become Daemon Knights instead of Chaos Spawn?

I think the more interesting angle would be what daemons have inhabited their steeds. A Khorne daemon would produce a very different Knight than a Tzeentch one. Their steeds could be like sorta NPCs with their own quirks and personalities, maybe even randomized off some chart. There's all sorts of cool things you could do there.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the more interesting angle would be what daemons have inhabited their steeds. A Khorne daemon would produce a very different Knight than a Tzeentch one. Their steeds could be like sorta NPCs with their own quirks and personalities, maybe even randomized off some chart. There's all sorts of cool things you could do there.

Oh, certainly. I was under the impression that Daemon Knights were those traitor Knights in which the operator had died and the machine itself possessed in its entirety, like a daemon engine, which didn't sound like a reversible process -- why would the daemon(s) need or want a human to sit in the chair when the possessed Knight works without one?

Then again, there's no need for the two to be mutually exclusive; it would be fun, perhaps, to give the players a Nurgle/Tzeentch score and a Khorne/Slaanesh score, where falling completely off either end of either scale leads to the PC succumbing to the will of the aforesaid power, but ramping themed benefits up until that point as the similarly aligned echoes of previous owners/daemonic inhabitants favor the current user.
Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 824