Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1567734 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: Thirty plumbers and poems about sewage
« Reply #3840 on: November 01, 2015, 03:24:05 pm »

Touhou is more than just a game, it is a symbolic representation of the collective failure of humankind.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: November 01, 2015, 03:24:58 pm »

I've heard it's rather good...I keep planning to play it/them/whatever, but my backlog is already bulging harder than a 12-year-old at an anime convention.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: November 01, 2015, 03:27:40 pm »

Touhou is more than just a game, it is a symbolic representation of the collective failure of humankind.
Failure, or triumph? This is an honest question.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: November 01, 2015, 03:31:07 pm »

I've heard it's rather good...I keep planning to play it/them/whatever, but my backlog is already bulging harder than a 12-year-old at an anime convention.
The majority of it would require a fanpatch anyways, except for the most recent one or two, which I think is on playism. Though that certainly never stopped people before, heh.

Its like how fanfic is an endless pile of books, though with art and remixes instead.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: November 01, 2015, 03:33:05 pm »

If an alien species came to Earth and told us we were to be exterminated for having created Touhou, I'd have to say that was a fair assessment.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: November 01, 2015, 03:55:45 pm »

and i would be forced to admit it was worth it
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: November 01, 2015, 04:14:16 pm »

Never played touhou and I'm dying help
Pretty sure I heard that before as a phoenix wright clip, heh.

And I've posted this one before.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: November 01, 2015, 04:20:19 pm »

I managed to get up to fighting Remilia one time in Touhou 6 on normal level, but I also set it to maximum lives (5), and used all the continues. Didn't beat her, but I haven't played it again since that one time. (also you have to beat Remilia without using any continues if you want to fight Flandre in the bonus stage).

The trick is to ensure you use up all your bombs per life, since bombs refill when you die. It's easy to forget to use the bombs, so get used to spamming the bombs whenever you're remotely at risk, then gradually work on pushing it so you're using the bombs more strategically. I used 54 bombs out of a theoretical maximum of ~60 in that run.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 04:24:18 pm by Reelya »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: November 01, 2015, 05:27:21 pm »

4Chan's new wordfilter. It's beautiful.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: November 01, 2015, 05:29:45 pm »

Whats it do, and does it change on different boards?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: November 01, 2015, 05:42:11 pm »

Whats it do, and does it change on different boards?
It turns fam into sempai, cuck into kek, tbh into desu, smh to baka, and on Halloween it turned SJW into SPOOKY SCARY SKELETON. I've heard its active everyone on the site except for /s4s/.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: November 01, 2015, 05:46:44 pm »

Its like how fanfic is an endless pile of books, though with art and remixes instead.
Hey now, touhou's more than art and remixes. There's fanfics (some pretty damn good!) and doujin/fan games (ditto), too. Runs pretty much the entire gamut of fan created material. Majority of it's definitely art (and 'art') and remixes, though, yeah.

... there's also the actual games, I guess. Supposedly one of the more competent bullet hell shmups out there, to whoever it was questioning in the quality. Never played any of 'em (and never will), haven't and won't play enough bullet hells to be able to make a legitimate comparative evaluation, so I can't really say, but they're held in decent regard by folks that have. Not the best, but approaching it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: November 01, 2015, 07:23:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: November 01, 2015, 07:24:45 pm »

Oh hey, this is relevant again.
Somehow linked from that one.
(spoiler: it's not Touhou at all)

I managed to get up to fighting Remilia one time in Touhou 6 on normal level, but I also set it to maximum lives (5), and used all the continues. Didn't beat her, but I haven't played it again since that one time. (also you have to beat Remilia without using any continues if you want to fight Flandre in the bonus stage).
Your bombs don't refill per se, they get reset, so if you die, you're back to two if you had more. I think PCB changes that, but I didn't look too often at the bomb counter.

Do note that during Remilia's spellcards bombs won't work, she goes into bat form and cannot be hit. Flandre goes bat form even outside of her spellcards, meaning that bombs are only good for clearing the screen of danmaku - and even so, she isn't vulnerable until after she starts shooting again.

I only have one practice mode setting for stage 6(Reimu, Spirit spellcard), but the only time I've actually beaten Remilia without continues is using a memory hack for infinite lives/bombs. Though I still do note with some pride that I did beat Sakuya's strongest spellcard, "Illusion: The World"(which only appears as her final spellcard on Insane), without deaths or bombs.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 879