Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1562642 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 5678 luaghs and counting
« Reply #5640 on: May 04, 2016, 09:23:39 pm »

It's infinite power planetside too. There'd be so many plants fixing CO2 that unless we literally set the entire biosphere on fire we wouldn't be able to outpace them, so giant wood stoves everywhere. Build hive cities entirely out of wood stoves five miles deep.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #5641 on: May 04, 2016, 09:28:35 pm »

perpetually burning life

Using the dead to fuel the evil mechanisms of the sub-atomic particle and harness its energy for destruction. Also brisket.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:48:18 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5643 on: May 05, 2016, 04:39:19 am »

Wait, we're removing mortality, remember, not the possibility of physical damage to a being.
You're still gonna be ending up with a pile of ash, but that ash will be alive- Well, cognizant, which might be even more disturbing.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5644 on: May 05, 2016, 04:56:24 am »

Wait, we're removing mortality, remember, not the possibility of physical damage to a being.
You're still gonna be ending up with a pile of ash, but that ash will be alive- Well, cognizant, which might be even more disturbing.
That would be one hell of an esoteric understanding of mortality.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5645 on: May 05, 2016, 06:00:59 am »

Yeah, I mean, if we use that interpretation we could argue that we can already make everything immortal through the miracle of Transubstantiation.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5646 on: May 05, 2016, 06:06:28 am »

Well, from what a (five-second) search tells me, mortality is simply being subject to death, so when do you call someone dead? The moment brainwaves cease?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5647 on: May 05, 2016, 06:09:11 am »

The trick is to call yourself Emperor or Lord Protector or Chairman rather than President and pretending there are elections
Being a public despot is idiotic, and just places a target on your back. If you're going to rule everything, be the invisible hand, not the majestic emperor in robes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5648 on: May 05, 2016, 06:23:47 am »

The trick is to call yourself Emperor or Lord Protector or Chairman rather than President and pretending there are elections
Being a public despot is idiotic, and just places a target on your back. If you're going to rule everything, be the invisible hand, not the majestic emperor in robes.
Less swag. Also you won't show up in history books.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #5649 on: May 05, 2016, 06:32:47 am »

Right. I'd rather I be in history as tyrannical and despotic: to those I benefit, I'm shooting for a legendary God-King.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5650 on: May 05, 2016, 06:34:54 am »

Be the Tyrannic Emperor in his new clothes, running around butt nekked till you're assassinated, dying a naked giant

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: May 05, 2016, 09:32:38 am »

Would removing mortality keep everything consious or keep everything alive? The former would only really have an affect on animals (including humans, but no plants/fungi/bacteria) and would probably just work by making your brain indestructible and magically always supplied with oxygen and other nutrients. This means that if you found a way to store your mind in your skin/carapace/chassis, you would be invulnerable and immortal.
In the latter case, you could still have your brains spattered on the walls so long as your cells continue to respire and split. This wouldn't be very useful if you wanted to extend your consciousness forever, but as mentioned would have some interesting applications in abusing thermodynamics and such.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 879